My budget is around £100 GBP, I am looking for some good earphones but I have no idea where to start to look, could anyone help me in finding some for my price, thanks so much in advance!
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/10/12
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 022tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productWestone UM1 stage monitorstagged by System, 7/10/12More
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ears for travel under $150 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newbie IEM suggestion? Last post on 8/1/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
Good earphones for a good price?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 127/9/12 at 7:44amThread Starter
I listen to all types of music and will occasionally watch films with them, I have found a few which are:
Phonak Audéo PFE 022's
and Head Direct RE0's
Are any of these good, and do you have any alternatives?
I will be using them at the gym and running so the fit is also quite important, many thanks again!post #3 of 127/9/12 at 9:21am
Most certainly the yamaha eph-100.
I find them great all rounders, and just as good for tv/films.
And i use them fine in the gym, they will slip if it gets silly wet, but honestly all iem's i've owned do this, the yammies have been the best uiem for me in this regard.post #4 of 127/9/12 at 12:22pm
I have personally owned the RE0's before and I absolutely loved them. Everything about them was wonderful in terms of sound quality and signature. They offer a detailed, rich, and warm sound at a very good price though it was lacking in bass.
However, both pairs that I had bought broke on me within 6 months and I did not want to pay for them again. To be fair I do treat my earphones roughly so its definitely my fault but I believe that a lot of people have had problems with them.
I have also heard similar accusations for the Phonaks so be careful if you wish to purchase them.post #5 of 127/9/12 at 12:37pmThread StarterOK thank you for the advice, I am also considering buying a cheaper pair, I am currently looking at SoundMAGIC E10 and E30's.. these will also be used for music and films, again I will be using these at the gym, which are better in terms of sound quality and fit, can I wear both over the ear?
As for the most expensive I think I am going to go for the Yamaha's, thanks again!post #6 of 127/9/12 at 12:54pm
If you will spent more time in GYM than others I wont advice PFE. PFE is very good iems but in gym you will sweat to much and PFE's filters will affect nad the ear tips isolation will reduce. So, dont go GYM with PFE's.
post #7 of 127/9/12 at 1:00pmThread StarterQuote:
OK, I won't be using the expensive ones too much in the gym, I will be using the cheaper ones more for day to day listening, also, I am not a heavy sweater when I run/at the gym so that shouldn't be too much if a problem, but thank you for that!post #8 of 127/9/12 at 4:16pmThread Starterpost #9 of 127/9/12 at 6:31pmI can second the Yamaha's.
Great all rounder, isolates well, you'll be hard up finding better value for your money at the moment.
You could also look at Vsonic GRO7 or if you want to stretch your budget a little Triple-fi 10 are very good as well especially for music and movies.post #10 of 127/9/12 at 8:28pm
Best value in your price range is the Rockit R-50 hands down. I have the EPH-100 and while its a good IEM its not better than the R-50. Better over all sound quality and soundstage, the only thing the Yamaha's have over the R-50 is more bass but that doesn't mean better bass. I think joker got it spot on in his review of the EPH-100 and the 8.9 score for the SQ is right on imo but I'd give the R-50 a score around 9.2 or 9.3 and for a $120 IEM that really good. You really can't go wrong with a TWFK based IEM imo, thats one hell of a good driver.post #11 of 127/13/12 at 11:09pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good earphones for a good price?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HIgh-end headphones? Sennheiser 600 vs Sennheiser 650 vs AKG K712 vs 42 seconds ago
- › For Sale: Mint Fitear ToGo!334 (AU Only) 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro and AKG K612 PRO Reference 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 4 minutes ago
- › Headphone recommendations that sound good with most genres? 4 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 5 minutes ago
- › Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 5 minutes ago
- › Wanna buy the Stax sr009, should I? 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Aurisonics Auris 7 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 8 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)