My budget is around £100 GBP, I am looking for some good earphones but I have no idea where to start to look, could anyone help me in finding some for my price, thanks so much in advance!
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/10/12
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 022tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productWestone UM1 stage monitorstagged by System, 7/10/12More
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ears for travel under $150 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newbie IEM suggestion? Last post on 8/1/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Good earphones for a good price?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 127/9/12 at 7:44amThread Starter
I listen to all types of music and will occasionally watch films with them, I have found a few which are:
Phonak Audéo PFE 022's
and Head Direct RE0's
Are any of these good, and do you have any alternatives?
I will be using them at the gym and running so the fit is also quite important, many thanks again!post #3 of 127/9/12 at 9:21am
Most certainly the yamaha eph-100.
I find them great all rounders, and just as good for tv/films.
And i use them fine in the gym, they will slip if it gets silly wet, but honestly all iem's i've owned do this, the yammies have been the best uiem for me in this regard.post #4 of 127/9/12 at 12:22pm
I have personally owned the RE0's before and I absolutely loved them. Everything about them was wonderful in terms of sound quality and signature. They offer a detailed, rich, and warm sound at a very good price though it was lacking in bass.
However, both pairs that I had bought broke on me within 6 months and I did not want to pay for them again. To be fair I do treat my earphones roughly so its definitely my fault but I believe that a lot of people have had problems with them.
I have also heard similar accusations for the Phonaks so be careful if you wish to purchase them.post #5 of 127/9/12 at 12:37pmThread StarterOK thank you for the advice, I am also considering buying a cheaper pair, I am currently looking at SoundMAGIC E10 and E30's.. these will also be used for music and films, again I will be using these at the gym, which are better in terms of sound quality and fit, can I wear both over the ear?
As for the most expensive I think I am going to go for the Yamaha's, thanks again!post #6 of 127/9/12 at 12:54pm
If you will spent more time in GYM than others I wont advice PFE. PFE is very good iems but in gym you will sweat to much and PFE's filters will affect nad the ear tips isolation will reduce. So, dont go GYM with PFE's.
post #7 of 127/9/12 at 1:00pmThread StarterQuote:
OK, I won't be using the expensive ones too much in the gym, I will be using the cheaper ones more for day to day listening, also, I am not a heavy sweater when I run/at the gym so that shouldn't be too much if a problem, but thank you for that!post #8 of 127/9/12 at 4:16pmThread Starterpost #9 of 127/9/12 at 6:31pmI can second the Yamaha's.
Great all rounder, isolates well, you'll be hard up finding better value for your money at the moment.
You could also look at Vsonic GRO7 or if you want to stretch your budget a little Triple-fi 10 are very good as well especially for music and movies.post #10 of 127/9/12 at 8:28pm
Best value in your price range is the Rockit R-50 hands down. I have the EPH-100 and while its a good IEM its not better than the R-50. Better over all sound quality and soundstage, the only thing the Yamaha's have over the R-50 is more bass but that doesn't mean better bass. I think joker got it spot on in his review of the EPH-100 and the 8.9 score for the SQ is right on imo but I'd give the R-50 a score around 9.2 or 9.3 and for a $120 IEM that really good. You really can't go wrong with a TWFK based IEM imo, thats one hell of a good driver.post #11 of 127/13/12 at 11:09pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good earphones for a good price?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 13 seconds ago
- › IEMs which are balanced AND fun?? / Research method sought 25 seconds ago
- › Recommendations on Fun, Bassy, cool looking IEMs... 45 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW ATH-ES700.. 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › Cardas EM5813 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)