My budget is around £100 GBP, I am looking for some good earphones but I have no idea where to start to look, could anyone help me in finding some for my price, thanks so much in advance!
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/10/12
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 022tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productWestone UM1 stage monitorstagged by System, 7/10/12More
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ears for travel under $150 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newbie IEM suggestion? Last post on 8/1/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
Good earphones for a good price?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 127/9/12 at 7:44amThread Starter
I listen to all types of music and will occasionally watch films with them, I have found a few which are:
Phonak Audéo PFE 022's
and Head Direct RE0's
Are any of these good, and do you have any alternatives?
I will be using them at the gym and running so the fit is also quite important, many thanks again!post #3 of 127/9/12 at 9:21am
Most certainly the yamaha eph-100.
I find them great all rounders, and just as good for tv/films.
And i use them fine in the gym, they will slip if it gets silly wet, but honestly all iem's i've owned do this, the yammies have been the best uiem for me in this regard.post #4 of 127/9/12 at 12:22pm
I have personally owned the RE0's before and I absolutely loved them. Everything about them was wonderful in terms of sound quality and signature. They offer a detailed, rich, and warm sound at a very good price though it was lacking in bass.
However, both pairs that I had bought broke on me within 6 months and I did not want to pay for them again. To be fair I do treat my earphones roughly so its definitely my fault but I believe that a lot of people have had problems with them.
I have also heard similar accusations for the Phonaks so be careful if you wish to purchase them.post #5 of 127/9/12 at 12:37pmThread StarterOK thank you for the advice, I am also considering buying a cheaper pair, I am currently looking at SoundMAGIC E10 and E30's.. these will also be used for music and films, again I will be using these at the gym, which are better in terms of sound quality and fit, can I wear both over the ear?
As for the most expensive I think I am going to go for the Yamaha's, thanks again!post #6 of 127/9/12 at 12:54pm
If you will spent more time in GYM than others I wont advice PFE. PFE is very good iems but in gym you will sweat to much and PFE's filters will affect nad the ear tips isolation will reduce. So, dont go GYM with PFE's.
post #7 of 127/9/12 at 1:00pmThread StarterQuote:
OK, I won't be using the expensive ones too much in the gym, I will be using the cheaper ones more for day to day listening, also, I am not a heavy sweater when I run/at the gym so that shouldn't be too much if a problem, but thank you for that!post #8 of 127/9/12 at 4:16pmThread Starterpost #9 of 127/9/12 at 6:31pmI can second the Yamaha's.
Great all rounder, isolates well, you'll be hard up finding better value for your money at the moment.
You could also look at Vsonic GRO7 or if you want to stretch your budget a little Triple-fi 10 are very good as well especially for music and movies.post #10 of 127/9/12 at 8:28pm
Best value in your price range is the Rockit R-50 hands down. I have the EPH-100 and while its a good IEM its not better than the R-50. Better over all sound quality and soundstage, the only thing the Yamaha's have over the R-50 is more bass but that doesn't mean better bass. I think joker got it spot on in his review of the EPH-100 and the 8.9 score for the SQ is right on imo but I'd give the R-50 a score around 9.2 or 9.3 and for a $120 IEM that really good. You really can't go wrong with a TWFK based IEM imo, thats one hell of a good driver.post #11 of 127/13/12 at 11:09pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good earphones for a good price?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Plussound Audio Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 6 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 7 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Electrostatic Prototype Listening Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 10 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 10 minutes ago
- › SanDisk 256GB microSD card ($149) is on its way. 11 minutes ago
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...