My budget is around £100 GBP, I am looking for some good earphones but I have no idea where to start to look, could anyone help me in finding some for my price, thanks so much in advance!
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ears for travel under $150 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newbie IEM suggestion? Last post on 8/1/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Okay..well this is my first review..if you may call it so..hence any,,amatuerish mistakes be forgiven..here we go.. So i saved some money(i'm always short of it) for the Vsonic gr02 be..after...
I used to be sure that I am not a basshead. My favorite IEMs for the longest time were RE-0, my favorite headphones were (and still are) various variations of ATH "sweet treble" sound signature,...
It's exactly what it says it is. I've tried some pretty incredibly expensive DAPs - Honestly, in my opinion, a lot of them just add colouration, or EQ, or look pretty. Some of them do perform...
Good earphones for a good price?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 127/9/12 at 7:44amThread Starter
I listen to all types of music and will occasionally watch films with them, I have found a few which are:
Phonak Audéo PFE 022's
and Head Direct RE0's
Are any of these good, and do you have any alternatives?
I will be using them at the gym and running so the fit is also quite important, many thanks again!post #3 of 127/9/12 at 9:21am
Most certainly the yamaha eph-100.
I find them great all rounders, and just as good for tv/films.
And i use them fine in the gym, they will slip if it gets silly wet, but honestly all iem's i've owned do this, the yammies have been the best uiem for me in this regard.post #4 of 127/9/12 at 12:22pm
I have personally owned the RE0's before and I absolutely loved them. Everything about them was wonderful in terms of sound quality and signature. They offer a detailed, rich, and warm sound at a very good price though it was lacking in bass.
However, both pairs that I had bought broke on me within 6 months and I did not want to pay for them again. To be fair I do treat my earphones roughly so its definitely my fault but I believe that a lot of people have had problems with them.
I have also heard similar accusations for the Phonaks so be careful if you wish to purchase them.post #5 of 127/9/12 at 12:37pmThread StarterOK thank you for the advice, I am also considering buying a cheaper pair, I am currently looking at SoundMAGIC E10 and E30's.. these will also be used for music and films, again I will be using these at the gym, which are better in terms of sound quality and fit, can I wear both over the ear?
As for the most expensive I think I am going to go for the Yamaha's, thanks again!post #6 of 127/9/12 at 12:54pm
If you will spent more time in GYM than others I wont advice PFE. PFE is very good iems but in gym you will sweat to much and PFE's filters will affect nad the ear tips isolation will reduce. So, dont go GYM with PFE's.
post #7 of 127/9/12 at 1:00pmThread StarterQuote:
OK, I won't be using the expensive ones too much in the gym, I will be using the cheaper ones more for day to day listening, also, I am not a heavy sweater when I run/at the gym so that shouldn't be too much if a problem, but thank you for that!post #8 of 127/9/12 at 4:16pmThread Starterpost #9 of 127/9/12 at 6:31pmI can second the Yamaha's.
Great all rounder, isolates well, you'll be hard up finding better value for your money at the moment.
You could also look at Vsonic GRO7 or if you want to stretch your budget a little Triple-fi 10 are very good as well especially for music and movies.post #10 of 127/9/12 at 8:28pm
Best value in your price range is the Rockit R-50 hands down. I have the EPH-100 and while its a good IEM its not better than the R-50. Better over all sound quality and soundstage, the only thing the Yamaha's have over the R-50 is more bass but that doesn't mean better bass. I think joker got it spot on in his review of the EPH-100 and the 8.9 score for the SQ is right on imo but I'd give the R-50 a score around 9.2 or 9.3 and for a $120 IEM that really good. You really can't go wrong with a TWFK based IEM imo, thats one hell of a good driver.post #11 of 127/13/12 at 11:09pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good earphones for a good price?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Google Nexus 4 1 second ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 2 seconds ago
- › "Very Best" DJ Headphone <$500? 21 seconds ago
- › Heir Audio 5.0 Impressions/Comparison/Review Thread 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Diamond Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW PROJECT - audio specialists needed 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe