My budget is around £100 GBP, I am looking for some good earphones but I have no idea where to start to look, could anyone help me in finding some for my price, thanks so much in advance!
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/10/12
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 022tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productWestone UM1 stage monitorstagged by System, 7/10/12More
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ears for travel under $150 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newbie IEM suggestion? Last post on 8/1/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Good earphones for a good price?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 127/9/12 at 7:44amThread Starter
I listen to all types of music and will occasionally watch films with them, I have found a few which are:
Phonak Audéo PFE 022's
and Head Direct RE0's
Are any of these good, and do you have any alternatives?
I will be using them at the gym and running so the fit is also quite important, many thanks again!post #3 of 127/9/12 at 9:21am
Most certainly the yamaha eph-100.
I find them great all rounders, and just as good for tv/films.
And i use them fine in the gym, they will slip if it gets silly wet, but honestly all iem's i've owned do this, the yammies have been the best uiem for me in this regard.post #4 of 127/9/12 at 12:22pm
I have personally owned the RE0's before and I absolutely loved them. Everything about them was wonderful in terms of sound quality and signature. They offer a detailed, rich, and warm sound at a very good price though it was lacking in bass.
However, both pairs that I had bought broke on me within 6 months and I did not want to pay for them again. To be fair I do treat my earphones roughly so its definitely my fault but I believe that a lot of people have had problems with them.
I have also heard similar accusations for the Phonaks so be careful if you wish to purchase them.post #5 of 127/9/12 at 12:37pmThread StarterOK thank you for the advice, I am also considering buying a cheaper pair, I am currently looking at SoundMAGIC E10 and E30's.. these will also be used for music and films, again I will be using these at the gym, which are better in terms of sound quality and fit, can I wear both over the ear?
As for the most expensive I think I am going to go for the Yamaha's, thanks again!post #6 of 127/9/12 at 12:54pm
If you will spent more time in GYM than others I wont advice PFE. PFE is very good iems but in gym you will sweat to much and PFE's filters will affect nad the ear tips isolation will reduce. So, dont go GYM with PFE's.
post #7 of 127/9/12 at 1:00pmThread StarterQuote:
OK, I won't be using the expensive ones too much in the gym, I will be using the cheaper ones more for day to day listening, also, I am not a heavy sweater when I run/at the gym so that shouldn't be too much if a problem, but thank you for that!post #8 of 127/9/12 at 4:16pmThread Starterpost #9 of 127/9/12 at 6:31pmI can second the Yamaha's.
Great all rounder, isolates well, you'll be hard up finding better value for your money at the moment.
You could also look at Vsonic GRO7 or if you want to stretch your budget a little Triple-fi 10 are very good as well especially for music and movies.post #10 of 127/9/12 at 8:28pm
Best value in your price range is the Rockit R-50 hands down. I have the EPH-100 and while its a good IEM its not better than the R-50. Better over all sound quality and soundstage, the only thing the Yamaha's have over the R-50 is more bass but that doesn't mean better bass. I think joker got it spot on in his review of the EPH-100 and the 8.9 score for the SQ is right on imo but I'd give the R-50 a score around 9.2 or 9.3 and for a $120 IEM that really good. You really can't go wrong with a TWFK based IEM imo, thats one hell of a good driver.post #11 of 127/13/12 at 11:09pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good earphones for a good price?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New user, introducing self 10 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - a review in progress: Factory visit pg 18. IMGS pg... 10 seconds ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Appreciation Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD Precision 1 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Quad ESL57 frustrations. 3 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe