Hi, I was wondering what audio interfaces or DAC's is the best investment around 500 usd. I will be using it with the lcd 2 r2 for producing music. I was thinking of Benchmark DAC1 but after some thought I thought it was a little too expensive, any recommendations?
Related Forum Threads
- Help Me Decide: Benchmark DAC1 Pre v. Bel Canto DAC 2.5 Last post on 7/23/12 at 2:23pm in Dedicated Source Components
- New iMac, Neuman KH 120, AKG K702 & $2 000 for a DAC and Amp? Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:06am in Dedicated Source Components
- Will the Benchmark DAC1's headphone amp power 600 ohm headphones? Last post on 7/2/12 at 10:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking to buy a DAC Last post on 7/4/12 at 5:21pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Realistically, how much of a difference will I notice upgrading my DAC? Last post on 7/10/12 at 9:06am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEWS ARE CREATED BY SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM AND MORE DETAILED REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE INTRODUCTION We reviewed the VE Monk Plus recently and fell in love with it. The...
audio interface or DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/9/12 at 4:54ampost #3 of 67/9/12 at 10:46ampost #4 of 67/10/12 at 8:20am
I owned 2 Benchmark Dac1s in my past and while it is a good dac and can be had for around $500 used, I think there might be a few nicer sounding ones. Two that would be on my short list although I have not heard them would be the Apogee Duet 2 for a Mac and the Halide Dac Hd for either Mac or PC. In either case it would help to try them first or buy with a trial period.
Whoa you did not tell us if you have an amp for the LCD 2, and using headphones for producing music??, not sure I would.
Edited by bixby - 7/10/12 at 8:22ampost #5 of 67/10/12 at 5:22pmThread Starter
Yeah I don't have an amp for the LCD 2.. Not sure if can afford one now, a decent audio interface is what I'm going for now. I will check on these.
Producing with headphones is alright.. not as good as with good monitors though but okay.
Thanks for the replies :)post #6 of 67/11/12 at 10:46amIf you don't have an amp then your best bet is probably getting a good amp/DAC combo instead.
Any specific features you need? (S/PDIF, USB, XLR jacks, 192kHz playback, stuff like that)
- audio interface or DAC
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Linum update and the new Linum Super BaX on tour 33 seconds ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 34 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › Mytek Announces Clef Mobile MQA DAC/Amp @ CES 2017 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear