I am thinking of replacing my aging Sennheiser HD590s. I've very happy with them, but I think I have blown the right speaker.
What I like about the 590s:
- comfortable, light weight and good fit for my head
- good sound quality
- worked fine in my Soundblaster X-Fi (discrete sound card)
- worked fine in my Samsung Galaxy S2
- Detachable 3 m cable
- only 1 cable and 1 input to the headphones
- 3.5 mm jack as standard, no adapter needed
What I don't like:
- Slightly flimsy construction, very plastic-y, but this is probably why it's so comfy
So basically, I love these cans. I know some people don't like them but they have been my only headphones for 8-9 years now. I have replaced the cable several times, but last time it was kinda an ordeal getting a new cable and it was expensive.
Maybe I am naive but I have never felt I needed an amplifier to drive these headphones when using my computer. I have the main volume control in Windows set to 30% and Foobar2000 is set to -5 dB and when I watch movies I the media player set to 60-70%. I'd like some feedback on this point, too.
Any recommendations, bearing all this in mind?
Thank you. :)