I've got both Rocoo P and 601 Slim. Compared to Rocoo P, 601's mid-range is thicker, warmer and more forward, some people may called it Vintage sound. For Rocoo P, which is rather natural sounding, bass is strong and soundstage is also bigger than 601. Besides, 601 is slightly powerful than Rocoo P on its PO level. By the way, 601 has a LO which rocoo P don't have.
Both machines are rather equal on their sound quality. I considered Rocoo P is more adaptable to different music styles. 601 is also good for jazz and pop, but not as good for rock, as it's bass level is just so so.
Additional opinions :
- Rocoo P is rather portable, battery life is longer >10 hours
- 601's size is much bigger, battery life is >= 6 hours, and each fully charge needed 5 - 6 hours
- 601's body will turn hot when working.
- 601's control is better as it has a bigger screen
- 601 do not support AAC format, ape support is worse.
For me, I use Rocoo P when I go out, use 601 when staying at home. Both are good machines for their sound quality. If you are looking for those thicker, warmer mid-range hi-fi sounds, go for 601. If you are looking for a well-rounded, portable machine, go for Rocoo P.
Edited by countryboyhk - 7/14/12 at 8:50am