Hey guys just joined and I need some help, I'm looking for over ear headphones under 200, I mostly listen to rap/hip hop and some rock any recommendations will be greatly appreciated
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/10/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-GUNBLACK Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Gunmetal Black)tagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda lp vs lp2 Last post on 6/24/12 at 9:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best v moda for dub step ?? Last post on 6/14/12 at 8:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/17/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
Need help choosing over ear headphones under 200post #1 of 317/9/12 at 12:14amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 317/9/12 at 12:17amQuote:
It would help to know what source(s) your going to be plugging the headphones into?post #3 of 317/9/12 at 12:37amThread Starterpost #4 of 317/9/12 at 12:46am
Does it matter if opened or closed?
Not really a bassy headphone, but easy to drive from a headphone.
Audio Technica ATH-A900 (Closed)
Something lower cost
KRK KNS 8400 (closed)post #5 of 317/9/12 at 12:48amThread Starterpost #6 of 317/9/12 at 2:30pmQuote:
Closed means once they are around your ears, there is no opening to the outside.
Open means there are lots of breathing holes(?) like all over the outside of the headphone cups
Semi-open means something like 20% (give or take) of the outer shell has openings (holes).post #7 of 317/9/12 at 3:06pmpost #8 of 317/9/12 at 4:33pmThread Starterpost #9 of 317/9/12 at 4:37pmThread Starterpost #10 of 317/9/12 at 4:40pmQuote:
Also to clear up any possible confusion, the closed model is the ATH-A900, as Audio Technica offers an open model with a similar model number, ATH-AD900.post #11 of 317/10/12 at 11:48amThread Starterpost #12 of 317/10/12 at 4:01pmpost #13 of 317/10/12 at 7:39pmThread Starterpost #14 of 317/10/12 at 7:50pmThread Starterpost #15 of 317/10/12 at 9:04pmQuote:
The ultrasone HFI models, such as the 580 blow the M50's out of the water.
- Need help choosing over ear headphones under 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › La Figaro 339 35 seconds ago
- › Are these the best ~$500 closed headphones for movies and gaming? 1 minute ago
- › Wireless Bluetooth headphones with good sound quality and good bass... 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › THE FIRST REAL HIGH END ..........HP IN THE WORLD!!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Ibasso Dx90 Audio tuning issue 1to 90 volume could not hear able at... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3