Hey guys just joined and I need some help, I'm looking for over ear headphones under 200, I mostly listen to rap/hip hop and some rock any recommendations will be greatly appreciated
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/10/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-GUNBLACK Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Gunmetal Black)tagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda lp vs lp2 Last post on 6/24/12 at 9:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best v moda for dub step ?? Last post on 6/14/12 at 8:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/17/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
Need help choosing over ear headphones under 200post #1 of 317/9/12 at 12:14amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 317/9/12 at 12:17amQuote:
It would help to know what source(s) your going to be plugging the headphones into?post #3 of 317/9/12 at 12:37amThread Starterpost #4 of 317/9/12 at 12:46am
Does it matter if opened or closed?
Not really a bassy headphone, but easy to drive from a headphone.
Audio Technica ATH-A900 (Closed)
Something lower cost
KRK KNS 8400 (closed)post #5 of 317/9/12 at 12:48amThread Starterpost #6 of 317/9/12 at 2:30pmQuote:
Closed means once they are around your ears, there is no opening to the outside.
Open means there are lots of breathing holes(?) like all over the outside of the headphone cups
Semi-open means something like 20% (give or take) of the outer shell has openings (holes).post #7 of 317/9/12 at 3:06pmpost #8 of 317/9/12 at 4:33pmThread Starterpost #9 of 317/9/12 at 4:37pmThread Starterpost #10 of 317/9/12 at 4:40pmQuote:
Also to clear up any possible confusion, the closed model is the ATH-A900, as Audio Technica offers an open model with a similar model number, ATH-AD900.post #11 of 317/10/12 at 11:48amThread Starterpost #12 of 317/10/12 at 4:01pmpost #13 of 317/10/12 at 7:39pmThread Starterpost #14 of 317/10/12 at 7:50pmThread Starterpost #15 of 317/10/12 at 9:04pmQuote:
The ultrasone HFI models, such as the 580 blow the M50's out of the water.
- Need help choosing over ear headphones under 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 22 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] HiFiMAN HE-500 vs Sennheiser HD600 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Daccord 3 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 5 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)