Hey guys just joined and I need some help, I'm looking for over ear headphones under 200, I mostly listen to rap/hip hop and some rock any recommendations will be greatly appreciated
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/10/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-GUNBLACK Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Gunmetal Black)tagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda lp vs lp2 Last post on 6/24/12 at 9:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best v moda for dub step ?? Last post on 6/14/12 at 8:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/17/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
Need help choosing over ear headphones under 200post #1 of 317/9/12 at 12:14amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 317/9/12 at 12:17amQuote:
It would help to know what source(s) your going to be plugging the headphones into?post #3 of 317/9/12 at 12:37amThread Starterpost #4 of 317/9/12 at 12:46am
Does it matter if opened or closed?
Not really a bassy headphone, but easy to drive from a headphone.
Audio Technica ATH-A900 (Closed)
Something lower cost
KRK KNS 8400 (closed)post #5 of 317/9/12 at 12:48amThread Starterpost #6 of 317/9/12 at 2:30pmQuote:
Closed means once they are around your ears, there is no opening to the outside.
Open means there are lots of breathing holes(?) like all over the outside of the headphone cups
Semi-open means something like 20% (give or take) of the outer shell has openings (holes).post #7 of 317/9/12 at 3:06pmpost #8 of 317/9/12 at 4:33pmThread Starterpost #9 of 317/9/12 at 4:37pmThread Starterpost #10 of 317/9/12 at 4:40pmQuote:
Also to clear up any possible confusion, the closed model is the ATH-A900, as Audio Technica offers an open model with a similar model number, ATH-AD900.post #11 of 317/10/12 at 11:48amThread Starterpost #12 of 317/10/12 at 4:01pmpost #13 of 317/10/12 at 7:39pmThread Starterpost #14 of 317/10/12 at 7:50pmThread Starterpost #15 of 317/10/12 at 9:04pmQuote:
The ultrasone HFI models, such as the 580 blow the M50's out of the water.
- Need help choosing over ear headphones under 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What creates soundstage in headphones?? just now
- › [REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference 33 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 37 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › FS: FiiO E17 DAC/AMP with usb cable + aux (mint) 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)