Hey guys just joined and I need some help, I'm looking for over ear headphones under 200, I mostly listen to rap/hip hop and some rock any recommendations will be greatly appreciated
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/10/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade LP Over-ear Headphonetagged by System, 7/10/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda lp vs lp2 Last post on 6/24/12 at 9:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best v moda for dub step ?? Last post on 6/14/12 at 8:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-moda crossfade lp vs lp2 Last post on 1/9/12 at 11:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Hello Fellow Headfiers, I own this DAC for atleast 7 months now and so I thought I would make a review cuz I'm planning to sell this :) (which I'll tell you why at the end of this review). I...
Need help choosing over ear headphones under 200post #1 of 317/9/12 at 12:14amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 317/9/12 at 12:17amQuote:
It would help to know what source(s) your going to be plugging the headphones into?post #3 of 317/9/12 at 12:37amThread Starterpost #4 of 317/9/12 at 12:46am
Does it matter if opened or closed?
Not really a bassy headphone, but easy to drive from a headphone.
Audio Technica ATH-A900 (Closed)
Something lower cost
KRK KNS 8400 (closed)post #5 of 317/9/12 at 12:48amThread Starterpost #6 of 317/9/12 at 2:30pmQuote:
Closed means once they are around your ears, there is no opening to the outside.
Open means there are lots of breathing holes(?) like all over the outside of the headphone cups
Semi-open means something like 20% (give or take) of the outer shell has openings (holes).post #7 of 317/9/12 at 3:06pmpost #8 of 317/9/12 at 4:33pmThread Starterpost #9 of 317/9/12 at 4:37pmThread Starterpost #10 of 317/9/12 at 4:40pmQuote:
Also to clear up any possible confusion, the closed model is the ATH-A900, as Audio Technica offers an open model with a similar model number, ATH-AD900.post #11 of 317/10/12 at 11:48amThread Starterpost #12 of 317/10/12 at 4:01pmpost #13 of 317/10/12 at 7:39pmThread Starterpost #14 of 317/10/12 at 7:50pmThread Starterpost #15 of 317/10/12 at 9:04pmQuote:
The ultrasone HFI models, such as the 580 blow the M50's out of the water.
- Need help choosing over ear headphones under 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie 2 For Sale 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs CIEMS? 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 8 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 8 minutes ago
- › Post your computer specs!~ 9 minutes ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet: Saturday -... 11 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 14 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC by bosiemoncrieff
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...