Hey guys just joined and I need some help, I'm looking for over ear headphones under 200, I mostly listen to rap/hip hop and some rock any recommendations will be greatly appreciated
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/10/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-GUNBLACK Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Gunmetal Black)tagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda lp vs lp2 Last post on 6/24/12 at 9:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best v moda for dub step ?? Last post on 6/14/12 at 8:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/17/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
They look cheap. The "silver" plastic is very bad taste. They are also too big to go around, unless you are one of those guys who like to show themselves with headphones bigger than their...
At fist, a warning: it seems that the Bose Soundlink On-Ear have compatibility problems with iOS devices, which cause intermittent connectivity and skipping music. It is not clear to me if this...
When I have found these Harman Kardon for a ridiculously cheap price, I had already decided that I would have kept the Fidelio M2BT, the best of all those I have tested (obviously). But given the...
I started my quest for the best sounding and portable Bluetooth Headphones some months ago. I compared two. I was not satisfied. So I bought more. The Fidelio were among the first 5 I've...
Owned this amp for just over a year and it is wonderful for the price. FiiO is one of the few companies that openly lists all of their specs to the public. I reason I bought this was primarily to...
Need help choosing over ear headphones under 200post #1 of 317/9/12 at 12:14amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 317/9/12 at 12:17amQuote:
It would help to know what source(s) your going to be plugging the headphones into?post #3 of 317/9/12 at 12:37amThread Starterpost #4 of 317/9/12 at 12:46am
Does it matter if opened or closed?
Not really a bassy headphone, but easy to drive from a headphone.
Audio Technica ATH-A900 (Closed)
Something lower cost
KRK KNS 8400 (closed)post #5 of 317/9/12 at 12:48amThread Starterpost #6 of 317/9/12 at 2:30pmQuote:
Closed means once they are around your ears, there is no opening to the outside.
Open means there are lots of breathing holes(?) like all over the outside of the headphone cups
Semi-open means something like 20% (give or take) of the outer shell has openings (holes).post #7 of 317/9/12 at 3:06pmpost #8 of 317/9/12 at 4:33pmThread Starterpost #9 of 317/9/12 at 4:37pmThread Starterpost #10 of 317/9/12 at 4:40pmQuote:
Also to clear up any possible confusion, the closed model is the ATH-A900, as Audio Technica offers an open model with a similar model number, ATH-AD900.post #11 of 317/10/12 at 11:48amThread Starterpost #12 of 317/10/12 at 4:01pmpost #13 of 317/10/12 at 7:39pmThread Starterpost #14 of 317/10/12 at 7:50pmThread Starterpost #15 of 317/10/12 at 9:04pmQuote:
The ultrasone HFI models, such as the 580 blow the M50's out of the water.
- Need help choosing over ear headphones under 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 7 seconds ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 15 seconds ago
- › PreSonus Audiobox USB Interface 1 minute ago
- › Headset for $70 (max) 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Upgrading current setup 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 3 minutes ago
- › Options for high end Silicone CIEM? 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones by serman005
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3