Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 7/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT250tagged by System, 7/8/12
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/8/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-300tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productKoss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophonetagged by System, 7/8/12
- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by System, 7/8/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 7/8/12More
- productShure SRH1440 Professional Open Back Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productSony MDR-SA3000 DJ Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 7/14/12
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 7/14/12
- productUltrasone PRO 650tagged by System, 7/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best headphones for $100 or less? Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need portable headphone! Last post on 9/25/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Newspaper Article (ATH-M50 vs. Beats Studio) Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
Most under-rated headphones... - Page 19post #271 of 3543/6/14 at 8:27am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 3543/6/14 at 8:33ampost #273 of 3543/6/14 at 8:50amQuote:
then that would bring in the C-JAYs n V-Jays... swedish minimalist style.
But Mikros still does alot of genre spectacularly..and those leather...for 70bucks..geez.post #274 of 3543/6/14 at 9:31amQuote:
Yep, I really like the sound signature of my Hammo's, I use them at work exclusively.post #275 of 3543/27/14 at 5:10pm
Philips shp3000, balanced sound with dynamic bass, very cheap! Philips shp5401, very clear, airy trebly sound with fast bass, mids are quite prominent too. Philips uptown, plenty of bass with warm mids. Yamaha hph200, plenty of detail, good bass for open cans, lively, fruity upper mids and treble.post #276 of 3543/27/14 at 5:44pmpost #277 of 3543/27/14 at 5:51pmpost #278 of 3543/31/14 at 7:07am
They're some of the most comfortable headphones on the market and aren't quite as offensively priced as the rest of Bose's range, and they actually don't sound terrible. Because of the constant hatred Bose receives here, I'd say you have a real case for them. In the general population, however, they're anything but underrated.post #279 of 3544/4/14 at 11:32ampost #280 of 3544/4/14 at 2:29pmQuote:
They only seem to play well with simple classical music to me with its live like presentation. Anything else I threw at them sounded really bad out of it due to its extreme colouration.
(and the earpads are really stiff with a fairly strong clamping force)post #281 of 3544/4/14 at 4:25pmpost #282 of 3544/4/14 at 6:16pm
AKG K-240s, Absolutely love these cans and theses days seem to be forgotten bargain in the full-size arena, love the spherical sound presentation and you can listen for hours with no fatigue at all.
Edited by lowrider007 - 4/13/14 at 4:35pmpost #283 of 3544/5/14 at 12:02amQuote:
Well I will admit I only tried them at the headphone shop with my own music. I will return someday to try them out again and analyse their sound in more detail.
Also does the clamp ease due to the earpads softening or the headband itself stretching out?post #284 of 3544/5/14 at 7:53am
I just acquired a pair of Sony MDR-F1s.
I was surprised by how good they are, so I read some old posts to see what was said about this model when they were readily available. They got little love and respect.
These are the most underrated headphones on Head-Fi. Period!!!post #285 of 3544/5/14 at 8:02am
- Most under-rated headphones...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 10 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-7200 45 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 1 minute ago
- › Need some help for my setup 3 minutes ago
- › Grado RS2e Reference Series Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 6 minutes ago
- › Singxer SU-1 DDC Black 6 minutes ago
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear