Hi! I've been a long time member here. It's been more than 5 years since my last post. I'm looking for the very best headphones under $500 or $300. I've had 2 Grado's SR60 and a Grado SR80 thanks to your recommendations. This time i'll like something closed, to have a change from open air. I don't know if it will be a pair of Sennheiser etc. Please tell me in the <$500 range options, and around $300 too. Noise Canceling would be welcomed. I plan to use this, as a substitute to my broken Grado's. To use in home and outside. I've been away from the Audiophile world. When i joined this forum i was 15 , and now i am 23 years old. If you have a cheaper option is welcomed too! Just wanted to see the whole range of options. Thanks.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 7/8/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/8/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/8/12
- categoryNoise Cancelingtagged by System, 7/8/12
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/8/12
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 7/8/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/8/12More
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/8/12
Related Forum Threads
- Street cred with hipsters and overears, $500? Last post on 1/4/13 at 8:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for rap/hip hop using iPhone!? Last post on 9/22/12 at 1:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob seeking advice Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I done lots of reading here and I think im set on 4 headphones. Last post on 8/29/12 at 7:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones straight out of an iPod? Last post on 8/7/12 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
So, this is my firest review on Head-Fi. My name is Jonny, I'm 23. Masters student studying Future Design, I work part time in my local phone store and I've been in love with audio since I was...
I would like to thank Christian from plusSound for providing the X8 GPC in return for my honest opinion. Introduction PlusSound started making cables around 2012, and has consistently been...
I've recentlty bougth them for office. All i wanted was a pair of fairly decent cans within the budget ive prepaired for this occasion. Unboxing was a surprise, in the package we get a nice pair...
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Preamble: Founded just last year in 2015, ORIVETI (http://www.oriveti.com/) is still a new company on the market that is however not new to the audio business, having members in their...
Amazing Headphones <$500post #1 of 67/8/12 at 8:27amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/8/12 at 8:36ampost #3 of 67/8/12 at 9:31amThread Starter
Thanks, i am just checking it out now.
I do fly a lot from time to time, this is why i mentioned the noise canceling (but not necessary). Although, what i really look for is an ear cup that hugs my ear. Really comfortable and padded closed headphones. Been using my Grado's so much, that i want something less rough on my skin. This and a great balance between sound quality, and value.post #4 of 67/8/12 at 9:53ampost #5 of 67/8/12 at 10:05am
HD25 are good for isolation, but far from the best headphones in the price range.
A good closed-back phone you might want to consider is the K550, especially if you have a big head. Another would be the Sony Z1000. Would you consider IEM's? There are very good customs you can get in that price-range.
Edited by tzjin - 7/8/12 at 10:08ampost #6 of 67/8/12 at 10:32am
- Amazing Headphones <$500
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 28 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 55 seconds ago
- › Multiple Source Headphones / Headset for Gaming 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen vs soundcard 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSine 20 by AudioJunki3
- › PlusSound X8 IEM Cable by flinkenick
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by d1554573r
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear