Hi! I've been a long time member here. It's been more than 5 years since my last post. I'm looking for the very best headphones under $500 or $300. I've had 2 Grado's SR60 and a Grado SR80 thanks to your recommendations. This time i'll like something closed, to have a change from open air. I don't know if it will be a pair of Sennheiser etc. Please tell me in the <$500 range options, and around $300 too. Noise Canceling would be welcomed. I plan to use this, as a substitute to my broken Grado's. To use in home and outside. I've been away from the Audiophile world. When i joined this forum i was 15 , and now i am 23 years old. If you have a cheaper option is welcomed too! Just wanted to see the whole range of options. Thanks.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 7/8/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/8/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/8/12
- categoryNoise Cancelingtagged by System, 7/8/12
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/8/12
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 7/8/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/8/12More
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/8/12
Related Forum Threads
- Street cred with hipsters and overears, $500? Last post on 1/4/13 at 8:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for rap/hip hop using iPhone!? Last post on 9/22/12 at 1:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob seeking advice Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I done lots of reading here and I think im set on 4 headphones. Last post on 8/29/12 at 7:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones straight out of an iPod? Last post on 8/7/12 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/14/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Amazing Headphones <$500post #1 of 67/8/12 at 8:27amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/8/12 at 8:36ampost #3 of 67/8/12 at 9:31amThread Starter
Thanks, i am just checking it out now.
I do fly a lot from time to time, this is why i mentioned the noise canceling (but not necessary). Although, what i really look for is an ear cup that hugs my ear. Really comfortable and padded closed headphones. Been using my Grado's so much, that i want something less rough on my skin. This and a great balance between sound quality, and value.post #4 of 67/8/12 at 9:53ampost #5 of 67/8/12 at 10:05am
HD25 are good for isolation, but far from the best headphones in the price range.
A good closed-back phone you might want to consider is the K550, especially if you have a big head. Another would be the Sony Z1000. Would you consider IEM's? There are very good customs you can get in that price-range.
Edited by tzjin - 7/8/12 at 10:08ampost #6 of 67/8/12 at 10:32am
- Amazing Headphones <$500
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 25 seconds ago
- › Help deciding on which headphones to try 37 seconds ago
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 56 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Spike Sound Will Magnetic Isolator Feet set of 4 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 3 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)