Hi! I've been a long time member here. It's been more than 5 years since my last post. I'm looking for the very best headphones under $500 or $300. I've had 2 Grado's SR60 and a Grado SR80 thanks to your recommendations. This time i'll like something closed, to have a change from open air. I don't know if it will be a pair of Sennheiser etc. Please tell me in the <$500 range options, and around $300 too. Noise Canceling would be welcomed. I plan to use this, as a substitute to my broken Grado's. To use in home and outside. I've been away from the Audiophile world. When i joined this forum i was 15 , and now i am 23 years old. If you have a cheaper option is welcomed too! Just wanted to see the whole range of options. Thanks.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 7/8/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/8/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/8/12
- categoryNoise Cancelingtagged by System, 7/8/12
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/8/12
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 7/8/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/8/12More
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/8/12
Related Forum Threads
- Street cred with hipsters and overears, $500? Last post on 1/4/13 at 8:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for rap/hip hop using iPhone!? Last post on 9/22/12 at 1:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob seeking advice Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I done lots of reading here and I think im set on 4 headphones. Last post on 8/29/12 at 7:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones straight out of an iPod? Last post on 8/7/12 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
Amazing Headphones <$500post #1 of 67/8/12 at 8:27amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/8/12 at 8:36ampost #3 of 67/8/12 at 9:31amThread Starter
Thanks, i am just checking it out now.
I do fly a lot from time to time, this is why i mentioned the noise canceling (but not necessary). Although, what i really look for is an ear cup that hugs my ear. Really comfortable and padded closed headphones. Been using my Grado's so much, that i want something less rough on my skin. This and a great balance between sound quality, and value.post #4 of 67/8/12 at 9:53ampost #5 of 67/8/12 at 10:05am
HD25 are good for isolation, but far from the best headphones in the price range.
A good closed-back phone you might want to consider is the K550, especially if you have a big head. Another would be the Sony Z1000. Would you consider IEM's? There are very good customs you can get in that price-range.
Edited by tzjin - 7/8/12 at 10:08ampost #6 of 67/8/12 at 10:32am
- Amazing Headphones <$500
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 16 seconds ago
- › What portable Amp and DAC should I pair with my DT 770 PRO 250 ohm 46 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Denver summer meet, 2016 - August 27 3 minutes ago
- › Considering Schiit(or other things too) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Bluetooth Wireless 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Recommending headphones for those who don't want to use amps 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...