Hi! I've been a long time member here. It's been more than 5 years since my last post. I'm looking for the very best headphones under $500 or $300. I've had 2 Grado's SR60 and a Grado SR80 thanks to your recommendations. This time i'll like something closed, to have a change from open air. I don't know if it will be a pair of Sennheiser etc. Please tell me in the <$500 range options, and around $300 too. Noise Canceling would be welcomed. I plan to use this, as a substitute to my broken Grado's. To use in home and outside. I've been away from the Audiophile world. When i joined this forum i was 15 , and now i am 23 years old. If you have a cheaper option is welcomed too! Just wanted to see the whole range of options. Thanks.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 7/8/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/8/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/8/12
- categoryNoise Cancelingtagged by System, 7/8/12
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/8/12
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 7/8/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/8/12More
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/8/12
Related Forum Threads
- Street cred with hipsters and overears, $500? Last post on 1/4/13 at 8:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for rap/hip hop using iPhone!? Last post on 9/22/12 at 1:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob seeking advice Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I done lots of reading here and I think im set on 4 headphones. Last post on 8/29/12 at 7:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones straight out of an iPod? Last post on 8/7/12 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
Amazing Headphones <$500post #1 of 67/8/12 at 8:27amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/8/12 at 8:36ampost #3 of 67/8/12 at 9:31amThread Starter
Thanks, i am just checking it out now.
I do fly a lot from time to time, this is why i mentioned the noise canceling (but not necessary). Although, what i really look for is an ear cup that hugs my ear. Really comfortable and padded closed headphones. Been using my Grado's so much, that i want something less rough on my skin. This and a great balance between sound quality, and value.post #4 of 67/8/12 at 9:53ampost #5 of 67/8/12 at 10:05am
HD25 are good for isolation, but far from the best headphones in the price range.
A good closed-back phone you might want to consider is the K550, especially if you have a big head. Another would be the Sony Z1000. Would you consider IEM's? There are very good customs you can get in that price-range.
Edited by tzjin - 7/8/12 at 10:08ampost #6 of 67/8/12 at 10:32am
- Amazing Headphones <$500
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Need help finding a headphone extension cable please 47 seconds ago
- › The State of the Flagships 54 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Where do I go from here? Next purchase for listening primarily to... 59 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2