Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › combo in Pounds 300
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

combo in Pounds 300

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

Hi all,

 

 

I plan to get a mp3 player and head phones. Please help me get the best.

 

 

My Budget: 350 GBP

Requirement: I hope to buy the best available in my budget.

 

MP3 player:

A space of 4 to 8 Gig

Best available sound quality

WIfi: n/a

Hi-fi: preferable

touchscreen: n/a

portable: yes

amp: prefer if built-in dont want to spend explicitly on it.

 

Headphones:

the best that match the player suggested.

I prefer power in the music.

 

Please help me get the best

post #2 of 18

try the regular headphones forum for recommendations. 

 

high end forum isn’t the place for your budget

post #3 of 18

For the source I would recommend a 4 gig sansa clip plus and 32 gig card if you need the space, should be doable.  That should leave you around £300 ish for some nice headphones.

 

Good luck

post #4 of 18

HIFI Man 601 - £199

 

Audio Technica ES55 - about £80

 

£20 on a 32gig SD card

 

job done

post #5 of 18

Rocoo d on ebay, and yamaha eph-100

 

For the money  it'll be very hard to beat.

 

Though obviously the yammies are earphones.

post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 

I have finally decided for hm 602 and Sennheiser HD 25.

 

Any suggestions / opinions?

post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by halwaraj View Post

I have finally decided for hm 602 and Sennheiser HD 25.

 

Any suggestions / opinions?

 

I'd say spend more on the headphones. The player is not as important, in the sense that it won't make a huge difference, so you can spend less on that.

post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post

 

I'd say spend more on the headphones. The player is not as important, in the sense that it won't make a huge difference, so you can spend less on that.

So is it the headphones or the players that make the real difference?

 

I mean, for example,

 

I have a Nokia lumia and ipod touch, If i listen to the same song with the same headphones on both, Nokia sound way better than Lumia.

 

So, I was guessing that may be if i get a audiophile player and good enough headphones, It should be good enough.

 

Please select an option from the below:

 

a) basic audio players (Like ipod, sansa etc...) + good headphones

b) Audiophile players (HM 802, 602, C4, ibasso) + mid range headphones

 

Which one would sound better?

 

I mean only the sound quality HIs, MIDs and LOWs?

 

Would you recommend that my nokia + good headphones, maybe like bose QC3 or better, would sound better than hm-602 + Sennheiser HD 25?

post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 

Please can people suggest something?

 

I need the advise to make the decision...

 

 

Have to order the stuff as well..

 

Please reply

post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by halwaraj View Post

So is it the headphones or the players that make the real difference?

 

I mean, for example,

 

I have a Nokia lumia and ipod touch, If i listen to the same song with the same headphones on both, Nokia sound way better than Lumia.

 

So, I was guessing that may be if i get a audiophile player and good enough headphones, It should be good enough.

 

Please select an option from the below:

 

a) basic audio players (Like ipod, sansa etc...) + good headphones

b) Audiophile players (HM 802, 602, C4, ibasso) + mid range headphones

 

Which one would sound better?

 

I mean only the sound quality HIs, MIDs and LOWs?

 

Would you recommend that my nokia + good headphones, maybe like bose QC3 or better, would sound better than hm-602 + Sennheiser HD 25?

 

Sansa goes well with everything and can have up to 72Gbs of space. So spend less on the source(due to budget restrictions) and more on the Headphones themselves.  

post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 

How about beyerdynamic 1350 + hm 602 ???????

post #12 of 18

Basic Audio + Good Headphones.

Most of the times its not that basic.

post #13 of 18
Thread Starter 

So does it mean I should speend all 350 pounds on the head phones?????

 

If yes which one should I go for?

 

I plan to use it at work so would prefer it to be portable and something that does not throw too much sound out.


Edited by halwaraj - 7/24/12 at 4:46am
post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 

please help headfi'ers.....

 

 

I am desperately waiting for an answer. have to do the purchase once I have this info...

post #15 of 18

You already have a ipod touch so thats fine as a source, if not a clip zip with 32gb card is standard.  (free/ clip- 30 + 10 for card)

 

For times you are willing to carry around an amp,  get a LOD cable to use with the ipod touch and get a digizoid zo (honestly to me the only "amp" worth a damm unless you get some hard to drive phones. ) it does great things to the sound.   £75

 

For headphones youll be hard pressed for better than the aiaiai tma-1........ incredible.    £140

 

So thats around 250, then of course youll be needing iem's for when you are out and about,  as huxley said   Yamaha EPH-100 are incredible.   £70

 

so for £320  you get all that awesome,  and why not throw in a fiio e11 amp just in case at £40 ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › combo in Pounds 300