i just picked one up last week and the bass boost is awesome
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 7/11/12
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 7/11/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 7/11/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/11/12
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Portable Amp do you think is better!! Last post on 7/9/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for AKG 701 Quincy Adams: Last post on 6/15/12 at 12:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Suggest a good amp/dac for a pair of AKG Q701's? Last post on 8/8/14 at 7:55am in Portable Headphone Amps
- AKG Q701 questions? Last post on 10/15/15 at 10:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio E7 vs iBasso T5 vs More Last post on 6/21/12 at 1:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Fiio E17 Review - Page 3post #31 of 4310/28/12 at 2:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 4310/28/12 at 2:23amThread Starterpost #33 of 431/9/13 at 5:41pm
hey i am also having the problem when using this as a DAC, that it's only displaying 48/16.. im working on studio files in Abelton Live.. and i know they are 48/24 because they were recorded that way as well as backed up by the track data TELLING me they are 48/24... yet my E17 still displays 48/16.. any ideas?post #34 of 431/14/13 at 4:26amThread Starterpost #35 of 431/14/13 at 5:45amQuote:Originally Posted by Mr Bowtie
hey i am also having the problem when using this as a DAC, that it's only displaying 48/16.. im working on studio files in Abelton Live.. and i know they are 48/24 because they were recorded that way as well as backed up by the track data TELLING me they are 48/24... yet my E17 still displays 48/16.. any ideas?
Mac? Have you checked your Audio MIDI setup settings?post #36 of 433/15/13 at 2:27ampost #37 of 433/25/13 at 2:10amThread Starterpost #38 of 433/27/13 at 8:43ampost #39 of 433/29/13 at 7:57pmpost #40 of 434/16/13 at 10:45amQuote:
I don't see why you couldn't do that as long as a) your smartphone will output audio from the usb b) you have the right adapter. I can' think of a reason why this would be considered a PC only unit.post #41 of 434/24/13 at 1:32pm
I've tried using my Fiio E17 in DAC mode with my Toshiba TG01 phone which does have USB OTG but unfortunately doesn't have the necessary drivers to support an external DAC via the micro USB port. If anyone knows a solution to the driver issue (Win Mobile 6.5 OS) then I'd be particularly pleased to hear :)
Thanks and regards,
Kevinpost #42 of 434/24/13 at 1:34pmpost #43 of 435/18/13 at 11:45amI'd been planning on buying an E12 to put between my Clip+ and venerable 250 Ohm DT-770 Pros. However, now wondering about getting an E17 and connecting it to my mobile via USB instead of using the Sansa.
From the specs on the FiiO website, the E12 looks like a better choice of amp to drive the hungry Beyers. Does anyone have any experience of using the E17 with higher impedence phones?
Any advice very gratefully received please.
With many thanks,
- Fiio E17 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Studio Monitors for small wedding 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 or Marshall Monitor? 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › New VentureCraft SounDroid VANTAM Jazz Master Limited 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear