Greetings everyone! I was hoping someone could recommend some custom IEM's. I've read a lot of the posts about them but most people are looking for recommendations for the high end IEM's. As much as I'd love a pair of JH13's for example, I just can't bring myself to spend over $1k. I was looking more into the under $600 range. I am fairly newbish at what to look at when it comes to specs so it's hard to decide. I listen to a lot of rock, some metal, anything from as i lay dying, metallica to 311, sublime, etc. Some hip-hop/rap, not really into jazz/classical. I like a bit more bass than the usual rock sound, I like a bit of the brights however I don't want to shatter my ears with the high hats. I've noticed highs can get a bit ear shattering at higher levels. I've looked into the multi review post about all the custom IEM that was posted here but there aren't many choices around my price range especially since a lot of those more expensive companies have lower priced models that are not reviewed there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 7/10/12
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/10/12
- productDream Earz AUD-5Xtagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/10/12
- productJH Audio JH5 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/10/12
- productUltimate Ears 400tagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Custom or Universal at ~$200~$400? Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Considering selling entire home rig for a cheap portable IEM (Maybe custom?) Last post on 7/1/12 at 7:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for first custom IEM, Heir Audio 4A or....? Last post on 10/3/13 at 6:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM or Closed On Ear Last post on 8/17/12 at 6:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I first started with the ath a900x which i fell in love with. Recently they broke, and i did not have the money to purchases them again or the newer model. So i took a chance and got the a550z, for...
-Introduction- RHA is an interesting company. It has forged its own place within the audiophile world, making a name for itself based on the industrial design language of its products and the...
Welcome to the review of wireless + Wired High resolution in ear monitors Advanced Model 3. Disclaimer: This headphones were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Help out with some custom IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 87/8/12 at 7:43ampost #3 of 87/8/12 at 7:58amWhere you live can be a significant factor in which custom IEMs to recommend. Working with an overseas customs manufacturer can get you some really remarkable IEMs, but it can also mean a lot of added costs due to shipping your impressions there and the manufacturer shipping back, plus import duties. Not to mention the increased time that shipping takes.
Most manufacturers proide free or cheap remouldings for a limited time, if the first are faulty for some reason, but that means yet more waiting and expense on your part due to international shipping.
I live in the U.S. and am very happy with my 4.A customs, made by Heir Audio in China. The price is great -- under $500 for some IEMs of world-class fidelity -- but shipping and duties amounted to an additional $200 in costs. I will freely recommend Heir Audio to anybody considering customs, but always encourage people to keep these additional costs in mind while planning their budget.post #4 of 87/8/12 at 10:51am
I second that, if possible choose someone whose situated nearish to you. Time delays/international shipping really does add up. What might seem like a good price to start with can soon be eaten into if you have to start getting into new impressions, sending back etc etc.
Cheers.post #5 of 87/8/12 at 6:57pmThread Starter
Right on, thanks for the input. I wasn't really considering anything outside the US, I haven't even come across any reviews on international CIEMs. I've looked into UE 4, I think it was, which was around $400 also the jh5 and the Alien Ears CFE4 i think it was. Apparently there are a lot more options then I initially thought.post #6 of 87/8/12 at 11:35pm
Maybe take a look at 1964 ears T or Q. These are quite good from what I've read.
you can also check out a T.F 10 reshell with fischer audio as many have done and were quite happy with
I've also read somewhere that the Clear tune monitors CTM-200 is quite a steal.
And as mentioned above, there's the H.A 4post #7 of 87/9/12 at 5:20am
I've heard lots of great things about 1964Ears as well. I have the JH5 and despite being released years ago, they are still one of the best budget customs imo and I would not hesitate to recommend them.
There's also the Dream Earz (Audio Earz) Aud-5x that fits right in your budget and is within the US.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help out with some custom IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 second ago
- › Little Dot MKVIII SE Modded Soldered Mundorf caps NOS Mullard... 13 seconds ago
- › the frustrations of buying a new computer sound system. 14 seconds ago
- › ATH-M50x vs Sennheiser HD598SE 2 minutes ago
- › Westone ES5 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for 64audio U3 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › ICON AUDIO. A TERRIFIC tour of their Operation. 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 6 minutes ago
- › Some Office 2010 Copies 6 minutes ago
- › Advanced Sound Model 3 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › RHA T20 by Cinder
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...