Greetings everyone! I was hoping someone could recommend some custom IEM's. I've read a lot of the posts about them but most people are looking for recommendations for the high end IEM's. As much as I'd love a pair of JH13's for example, I just can't bring myself to spend over $1k. I was looking more into the under $600 range. I am fairly newbish at what to look at when it comes to specs so it's hard to decide. I listen to a lot of rock, some metal, anything from as i lay dying, metallica to 311, sublime, etc. Some hip-hop/rap, not really into jazz/classical. I like a bit more bass than the usual rock sound, I like a bit of the brights however I don't want to shatter my ears with the high hats. I've noticed highs can get a bit ear shattering at higher levels. I've looked into the multi review post about all the custom IEM that was posted here but there aren't many choices around my price range especially since a lot of those more expensive companies have lower priced models that are not reviewed there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 7/10/12
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/10/12
- productDream Earz AUD-5Xtagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/10/12
- productJH Audio JH5 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/10/12
- productUltimate Ears 400tagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Custom or Universal at ~$200~$400? Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Considering selling entire home rig for a cheap portable IEM (Maybe custom?) Last post on 7/1/12 at 7:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for first custom IEM, Heir Audio 4A or....? Last post on 10/3/13 at 6:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM or Closed On Ear Last post on 8/17/12 at 6:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
Help out with some custom IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 87/8/12 at 7:43ampost #3 of 87/8/12 at 7:58amWhere you live can be a significant factor in which custom IEMs to recommend. Working with an overseas customs manufacturer can get you some really remarkable IEMs, but it can also mean a lot of added costs due to shipping your impressions there and the manufacturer shipping back, plus import duties. Not to mention the increased time that shipping takes.
Most manufacturers proide free or cheap remouldings for a limited time, if the first are faulty for some reason, but that means yet more waiting and expense on your part due to international shipping.
I live in the U.S. and am very happy with my 4.A customs, made by Heir Audio in China. The price is great -- under $500 for some IEMs of world-class fidelity -- but shipping and duties amounted to an additional $200 in costs. I will freely recommend Heir Audio to anybody considering customs, but always encourage people to keep these additional costs in mind while planning their budget.post #4 of 87/8/12 at 10:51am
I second that, if possible choose someone whose situated nearish to you. Time delays/international shipping really does add up. What might seem like a good price to start with can soon be eaten into if you have to start getting into new impressions, sending back etc etc.
Cheers.post #5 of 87/8/12 at 6:57pmThread Starter
Right on, thanks for the input. I wasn't really considering anything outside the US, I haven't even come across any reviews on international CIEMs. I've looked into UE 4, I think it was, which was around $400 also the jh5 and the Alien Ears CFE4 i think it was. Apparently there are a lot more options then I initially thought.post #6 of 87/8/12 at 11:35pm
Maybe take a look at 1964 ears T or Q. These are quite good from what I've read.
you can also check out a T.F 10 reshell with fischer audio as many have done and were quite happy with
I've also read somewhere that the Clear tune monitors CTM-200 is quite a steal.
And as mentioned above, there's the H.A 4post #7 of 87/9/12 at 5:20am
I've heard lots of great things about 1964Ears as well. I have the JH5 and despite being released years ago, they are still one of the best budget customs imo and I would not hesitate to recommend them.
There's also the Dream Earz (Audio Earz) Aud-5x that fits right in your budget and is within the US.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help out with some custom IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 52 seconds ago
- › love online black magic specialist baba ji +91 9672747263 56 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The LOVE VaSHiKarAn sPEcIALiSt bAba ji +91-9672747263 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Girl Love Vashikaran Specialist Baba +91 9672747263 4 minutes ago
- › black magic specialist baba ji +91-9672747263 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)