The Monster Miles Davis Trumpets are stellar. I'm thinking, without even proper burn in yet, that they sonically are more pleasing and just as detailed as the GR07's. Much more so than the FTX90's, but i'm still enamored with the JVC's sound sig. Thick and meaty.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/10/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productJVC HA-FXD80tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productNCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster®tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productPhilips SHE5105BK/28 CitiScape Underground Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- US$130 budget. Best headphones/IEM for Trance, Dance, HipHop, Classical Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to buy IEM under 80USD. Which one should be good? Last post on 11/29/12 at 11:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-CKM500 OR JVC HA-FX700? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
Monster NCredible N-Ergy Impressions - Page 7post #91 of 1622/16/13 at 6:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1622/16/13 at 6:25pmThread StarterI went all in (for me) and bought a pair of UE900 and I have to say I am absolutely smitten with their signature. They are by far the nicest sounding IEM I have ever owned. I also find them very comfortable and very good for isolation, no microphonics, and no wind issues.post #93 of 1622/19/13 at 10:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by dweaver
I went all in (for me) and bought a pair of UE900 and I have to say I am absolutely smitten with their signature. They are by far the nicest sounding IEM I have ever owned. I also find them very comfortable and very good for isolation, no microphonics, and no wind issues.
I have to say I'm just a little jealous, as I have the UE 500, 600, 700, TF 10 and UE 7, and though my UE 7's are the finest piece of audio equipment I've ever owned, I still would love to add the 900 to my UE collection, but right now it's just a bit out of my price range ($400.00). I recently sold my GR07's, and purchased the FA DBA 02's for a steal, but I don't expect them to be any better than my TF 10's or my UE 700 (with better tuning), but we'll see. I bet those 900's sound simply AMAZING?! Kudos!post #94 of 1622/19/13 at 11:01pmpost #95 of 1622/21/13 at 2:38pmQuote:
i have switched to the N-RGY from my previous Senn CXL400's. I have to say I was never extremely impressed with the CXL400's sound, especially with the harsh highs. My initial feelings with N-RGY where not really positive either, I have found the complete lack of bass (compared to the Senns) quite disturbing. However after several hours of burn-ing and replacing the eartips (none of the supplied ones fit my ear, probably that was responsible for the lack of bass) I am extremely satisfied with the balanced sound of the N-RGYs. Especially the highs as much clearer. So in total I consider them superior to my previous Senns.post #96 of 1622/21/13 at 3:54pmThread StarterMolnart I am glad your enjoying the Nrgy IEM, for the price they are a very nice IEM in my opinion.
IEMagnet01 I think you need to consolidate some of your mid-fi IEM's and go all in on the UE900 . It will complete your collection! Plus I think you might just use the UE900 as your main Universal IEM.post #97 of 1622/21/13 at 7:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by dweaver
Molnart I am glad your enjoying the Nrgy IEM, for the price they are a very nice IEM in my opinion.
IEMagnet01 I think you need to consolidate some of your mid-fi IEM's and go all in on the UE900 . It will complete your collection! Plus I think you might just use the UE900 as your main Universal IEM.
dweaver, been thinking that very same thing. Just got done selling my GR07's on ebay, and i'm putting up my JVC HA-FXT90's and my Monster Miles Davis Trumpets up on ebay too, so between the three of those and a little extra cash, I think I'm going to do just as you suggested and get the 900's, The issue has been that no matter how nice these aforementioned dynamic drivers are, and ALL THREE are VERY NICE, they all just pale in comparison to my UE 7's. The UE 7's are similar to my TF 10's, but with a much more balanced sound, details, and soundstage due to LARGER armature drivers in the custom casings. But I don't like taking them outside into the elements, as i feel they might get damaged due to condensation and cold, so a nice quad driver universal like the 900 will more than likely hit that sweet spot i'm looking for, and it would complete my UE collection.post #98 of 1622/21/13 at 10:26pmThread Starterpost #99 of 1622/22/13 at 12:45am
SOLD : My JVC HA-FXT90 on ebay and my Monster Miles Davis Trumpet (to my fiancee, so i still get to use them when I want!!) and selling my HiFiMan RE-ZERO, so if I can unload the ZERO's for my asking price, then I'll have the money for ordering the UE 900, which I'll do as soon as i can sell these RE's. Thanks for the suggestion, dweaver. I look forward to listening to the 900's and seeing how they compare to my UE 7 and my TF 10's. :)post #100 of 1622/22/13 at 4:17pmThread Starterpost #101 of 1622/22/13 at 6:12pm
yeah. sounds like we have the same audio tendencies. i'm definitely getting the 900's. I just got the FA DBA02 mk ii ands these are so clean and detailed. the only thing i don't like is the fit for tips because it's an ultra thin nozzle, so it's really selective of tips, hence the fit for me is questionable. So far, aside from the UE TF 10, fit has been near perfect with all my Ultimate Ears purchases.post #102 of 1622/22/13 at 9:44pmThread Starterpost #103 of 1622/25/13 at 11:21pm
I'm waiting for my 900's. 3-5 business days. Can't wait to try them out. Got rid of my TF 10's. Never used them, and they never fit right in my awkward left ear. I see you sold your JVC FXZ 100s. Didn't like the sound signature?? i was thinking about the 200's before the 900 purchase.post #104 of 1622/26/13 at 5:02amThread StarterI liked the FXZ100 but not enough to keep them. They lacked the open airiness and type of mids and treble I like. Plus while they were comfortable they were massive beasties. The UE900 have been much more comfortable and low profile for me.post #105 of 1624/3/13 at 2:43pm
Since I've gone to headphones now (HE-400 & HD600 are my first 2) I've sold most all my IEM's that I think people will buy but I'm left with some I don't think will get much consideration like the GR04, XBA-1 and these the Monster NCredible's. I have to say these are actually very good sounding IEM's and almost sound analytical which is something you don't consider a Monster IEM trait. The treble is crisp and very detailed, mids are balanced with the rest of the frequencies and they to are quite detailed and the bass is very natural and these aren't even close to being bass monster but the bass is very clean. The presentation is also very good with a wider than average soundstage that has good depth and height and the separation and imaging are also quite good. I've been listening to them for the past hour or so and I'm very impressed with them. You can find them new for around $50 or $60 and imo is well worth it if you can deal with the somewhat kiddy like style of them.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster NCredible N-Ergy Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 45 seconds ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mr. Speakers Alpha Dogs w/ 2 Custom Cables 3 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 - Review, and Appreciation 3 minutes ago
- › LFF Paradox Slants - Free worldwide shipping 3 minutes ago
- › Xduoo X3 vs Smartphone as dedicated flac player 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...