The Monster Miles Davis Trumpets are stellar. I'm thinking, without even proper burn in yet, that they sonically are more pleasing and just as detailed as the GR07's. Much more so than the FTX90's, but i'm still enamored with the JVC's sound sig. Thick and meaty.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/10/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productJVC HA-FXD80tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productNCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster®tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productPhilips SHE5105BK/28 CitiScape Underground Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- US$130 budget. Best headphones/IEM for Trance, Dance, HipHop, Classical Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to buy IEM under 80USD. Which one should be good? Last post on 11/29/12 at 11:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-CKM500 OR JVC HA-FX700? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Monster NCredible N-Ergy Impressions - Page 7post #91 of 1332/16/13 at 6:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1332/16/13 at 6:25pmThread StarterI went all in (for me) and bought a pair of UE900 and I have to say I am absolutely smitten with their signature. They are by far the nicest sounding IEM I have ever owned. I also find them very comfortable and very good for isolation, no microphonics, and no wind issues.post #93 of 1332/19/13 at 10:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by dweaver
I went all in (for me) and bought a pair of UE900 and I have to say I am absolutely smitten with their signature. They are by far the nicest sounding IEM I have ever owned. I also find them very comfortable and very good for isolation, no microphonics, and no wind issues.
I have to say I'm just a little jealous, as I have the UE 500, 600, 700, TF 10 and UE 7, and though my UE 7's are the finest piece of audio equipment I've ever owned, I still would love to add the 900 to my UE collection, but right now it's just a bit out of my price range ($400.00). I recently sold my GR07's, and purchased the FA DBA 02's for a steal, but I don't expect them to be any better than my TF 10's or my UE 700 (with better tuning), but we'll see. I bet those 900's sound simply AMAZING?! Kudos!post #94 of 1332/19/13 at 11:01pmpost #95 of 1332/21/13 at 2:38pmQuote:
i have switched to the N-RGY from my previous Senn CXL400's. I have to say I was never extremely impressed with the CXL400's sound, especially with the harsh highs. My initial feelings with N-RGY where not really positive either, I have found the complete lack of bass (compared to the Senns) quite disturbing. However after several hours of burn-ing and replacing the eartips (none of the supplied ones fit my ear, probably that was responsible for the lack of bass) I am extremely satisfied with the balanced sound of the N-RGYs. Especially the highs as much clearer. So in total I consider them superior to my previous Senns.post #96 of 1332/21/13 at 3:54pmThread StarterMolnart I am glad your enjoying the Nrgy IEM, for the price they are a very nice IEM in my opinion.
IEMagnet01 I think you need to consolidate some of your mid-fi IEM's and go all in on the UE900 . It will complete your collection! Plus I think you might just use the UE900 as your main Universal IEM.post #97 of 1332/21/13 at 7:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by dweaver
Molnart I am glad your enjoying the Nrgy IEM, for the price they are a very nice IEM in my opinion.
IEMagnet01 I think you need to consolidate some of your mid-fi IEM's and go all in on the UE900 . It will complete your collection! Plus I think you might just use the UE900 as your main Universal IEM.
dweaver, been thinking that very same thing. Just got done selling my GR07's on ebay, and i'm putting up my JVC HA-FXT90's and my Monster Miles Davis Trumpets up on ebay too, so between the three of those and a little extra cash, I think I'm going to do just as you suggested and get the 900's, The issue has been that no matter how nice these aforementioned dynamic drivers are, and ALL THREE are VERY NICE, they all just pale in comparison to my UE 7's. The UE 7's are similar to my TF 10's, but with a much more balanced sound, details, and soundstage due to LARGER armature drivers in the custom casings. But I don't like taking them outside into the elements, as i feel they might get damaged due to condensation and cold, so a nice quad driver universal like the 900 will more than likely hit that sweet spot i'm looking for, and it would complete my UE collection.post #98 of 1332/21/13 at 10:26pmThread Starterpost #99 of 1332/22/13 at 12:45am
SOLD : My JVC HA-FXT90 on ebay and my Monster Miles Davis Trumpet (to my fiancee, so i still get to use them when I want!!) and selling my HiFiMan RE-ZERO, so if I can unload the ZERO's for my asking price, then I'll have the money for ordering the UE 900, which I'll do as soon as i can sell these RE's. Thanks for the suggestion, dweaver. I look forward to listening to the 900's and seeing how they compare to my UE 7 and my TF 10's. :)post #100 of 1332/22/13 at 4:17pmThread Starterpost #101 of 1332/22/13 at 6:12pm
yeah. sounds like we have the same audio tendencies. i'm definitely getting the 900's. I just got the FA DBA02 mk ii ands these are so clean and detailed. the only thing i don't like is the fit for tips because it's an ultra thin nozzle, so it's really selective of tips, hence the fit for me is questionable. So far, aside from the UE TF 10, fit has been near perfect with all my Ultimate Ears purchases.post #102 of 1332/22/13 at 9:44pmThread Starterpost #103 of 1332/25/13 at 11:21pm
I'm waiting for my 900's. 3-5 business days. Can't wait to try them out. Got rid of my TF 10's. Never used them, and they never fit right in my awkward left ear. I see you sold your JVC FXZ 100s. Didn't like the sound signature?? i was thinking about the 200's before the 900 purchase.post #104 of 1332/26/13 at 5:02amThread StarterI liked the FXZ100 but not enough to keep them. They lacked the open airiness and type of mids and treble I like. Plus while they were comfortable they were massive beasties. The UE900 have been much more comfortable and low profile for me.post #105 of 1334/3/13 at 2:43pm
Since I've gone to headphones now (HE-400 & HD600 are my first 2) I've sold most all my IEM's that I think people will buy but I'm left with some I don't think will get much consideration like the GR04, XBA-1 and these the Monster NCredible's. I have to say these are actually very good sounding IEM's and almost sound analytical which is something you don't consider a Monster IEM trait. The treble is crisp and very detailed, mids are balanced with the rest of the frequencies and they to are quite detailed and the bass is very natural and these aren't even close to being bass monster but the bass is very clean. The presentation is also very good with a wider than average soundstage that has good depth and height and the separation and imaging are also quite good. I've been listening to them for the past hour or so and I'm very impressed with them. You can find them new for around $50 or $60 and imo is well worth it if you can deal with the somewhat kiddy like style of them.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster NCredible N-Ergy Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 vs Philips Fidelio X2 vs HiFiMAN HE400S vs AKG K712 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Binaural: Hear New York City in 3D 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP (Release Imminent) - Product Information and... 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for a good $150 IEM that emphasis on clarity. 7 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for Old DT770s? 7 minutes ago
- › Grado 325e vs Grado Rs2e 8 minutes ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by jasonb
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2