Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 7/7/12 at 9:01am
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 7/11/12
- productAudioengine D1 Premium 24-Bit DACtagged by System, 7/11/12
- productAudioQuest DragonFly Asynchronous USB DACtagged by System, 7/11/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/11/12
- productHRT HeadStreamertagged by System, 7/11/12
- productNuForce Icon HDP (High-end Headphone Amp, USB DAC, Preamp)tagged by System, 7/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need DAC/Amp for HD650 + HE-500 Last post on 12/2/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please tell me if buying NuForce Icon HDP is a good call Last post on 5/13/13 at 8:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- warm dac/amp for fischer fa-011's Last post on 8/13/12 at 11:49pm in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This will be more of my impressions/comparisons and less of a review. I will be comparing them to the HD800 & K712 Pro ran over USB to the Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp (HD800 - Low Gain, K12 - Low Gain,...
This review is based in my experience of almost 6 months with them, running 24/96 Flacs > Foobar2K > Wasapi > Asus Realtek ALC1150 + 4580 Op-amp > HD668B I decided to reboot my interest in audio...
It is surprising that no one else has posted a review, maybe all are enjoying it too much to bother. I've been holding back from writing a review because it is important to live with a mobile...
*A Sample of the HD7 was provided by PreSounus for my unbiased review* https://www.presonus.com/products/HD7 Cloning. Not a sheep, but headphones. The PreSounus HD7 is a...
I bought these in Chicago O'Hare before I got into the Head-Fi hobby. I was looking more for a bluetooth headset solution but liked the way these sounded. After listening to Grados, Senns, and...
HRT HeadStreamer vs. Audioquest Dragonfly vs. Audioengine D1 comparison videopost #1 of 37/7/12 at 8:56amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 37/7/12 at 9:07pmpost #3 of 37/8/12 at 5:07am
I too have subscribed to you YouTube channel!
Great review, this video combined with your earlier review of the audioengine D1 just sealed the deal on my purchase.
I wanted a cheap, but good DAC. At first I was considering the Icon HDP but I quickly realized that would not make sense since I am "only" using a DT770 and a pair of Image S4's.
Perhaps if I were to get more expensive gear such as the Denon D5000 or something like that, purchasing a more expensive DAC might make sense.
Thanks again for the review and keep the videos coming!
- HRT HeadStreamer vs. Audioquest Dragonfly vs. Audioengine D1 comparison video
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread 1 minute ago
- › FS: Beta22 (3 Channel B22) Headphone Amp 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › 1st day with Fiio X3ii... is (a bit?) disappointing... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by RedTwilight
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)