Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 7/7/12 at 9:01am
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 7/11/12
- productAudioengine D1 Premium 24-Bit DACtagged by System, 7/11/12
- productAudioQuest DragonFly Asynchronous USB DACtagged by System, 7/11/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/11/12
- productHRT HeadStreamertagged by System, 7/11/12
- productNuForce Icon HDP (High-end Headphone Amp, USB DAC, Preamp)tagged by System, 7/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need DAC/Amp for HD650 + HE-500 Last post on 12/2/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please tell me if buying NuForce Icon HDP is a good call Last post on 5/13/13 at 8:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- warm dac/amp for fischer fa-011's Last post on 8/13/12 at 11:49pm in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
HRT HeadStreamer vs. Audioquest Dragonfly vs. Audioengine D1 comparison videopost #1 of 37/7/12 at 8:56amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 37/7/12 at 9:07pmpost #3 of 37/8/12 at 5:07am
I too have subscribed to you YouTube channel!
Great review, this video combined with your earlier review of the audioengine D1 just sealed the deal on my purchase.
I wanted a cheap, but good DAC. At first I was considering the Icon HDP but I quickly realized that would not make sense since I am "only" using a DT770 and a pair of Image S4's.
Perhaps if I were to get more expensive gear such as the Denon D5000 or something like that, purchasing a more expensive DAC might make sense.
Thanks again for the review and keep the videos coming!
- HRT HeadStreamer vs. Audioquest Dragonfly vs. Audioengine D1 comparison video
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 39 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for quality IEM's to use while working and what not. 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone 5C and 5S: audio output 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 4 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Heaven IV iem 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)