ok, I own the turtlebeach X12's, they are $59. I have listened to the beats and they do sound better than the X12's, but they dont sound $200s better. If I go and buy a $100 pair of headphones, will they sound much worse than the beats, and will they sound much better than the X12's? i just want your opinion on the X12's for bassy songs i.e / Skrillex, Nero , Bass Nectar, and also techno like Deadmau5. but for around 100-120 dollars. ( or less ) , what is my best choice for the best headphones for an electronic bass genre. Thanks
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/10/12
- productAudio-Technica Solid Bass Over-Ear Headphones (ATH-WS55BK)tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productPioneer HDJ-500K DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productTurtle Beach Earforce x12tagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best BassHead Headphone <150$ ? Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry into headphones Last post on 8/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need help picking a ~150$ pair of portable headphones for bass-heavy electronic suff Last post on 7/16/12 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone 2400 Headphone Questions Last post on 7/6/12 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Best headphones for bass under $100post #1 of 87/6/12 at 4:12pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 87/6/12 at 4:16pm
I may not know as much as other when it comes to headphones, but at least I know beats are crap.
There's tons of $100 headphones that are better than beats.
Audio Technica WS55, Pioneer HDJ500, Sony XB700 are just a few.
Hell, even some $50 headphones are better than beats.
Since you seem like a basshead I recommend you check out the Sony MDR-XB700.
Edited by RoMee - 7/6/12 at 4:23pmpost #3 of 87/6/12 at 4:23pmThread Starterpost #4 of 87/6/12 at 4:32pm
I don't have hundreads of headphones like some people here, so I can only advise you on headphones I have and use to have.
The Pioneer HDJ500 for under $100 are great when listening to skrillex and deadmau5.
I just got the Audio Technica ATH-M50 (about $150 online) and so far it's good for dubstep too. but I have this hooked up to a FiiO portable amp.
If you want a lot of bass, than the Sony XB700 will give you a sh*t load of bass.
Edited by RoMee - 7/6/12 at 4:38pmpost #5 of 87/6/12 at 4:36pmThread Starterpost #6 of 87/6/12 at 4:38pmThread Starterpost #7 of 87/6/12 at 4:48pmQuote:but do you think the bass will sound cloudy?
No, they sound great, but different people different taste hearing, and you can EQ them to your desire level, if you're not sure than wait for a second opinion or go to a local store and try them out.
Pioneer's HDJ series are great for dubstepQuote:
also do you recommend an amp? or a headphone amp soundcard?
No, not really, I only got the amp because I like playing with gadgets.
My sansa fuze didn't have a problem with them, but it's always fun to have amp.
A basic FiiO E6 is only about $25
I got the FiiO E11 and set it to 2, and my Audio Technica WS55 can produce bass that rivals beats while sounding better at the same time
Edited by RoMee - 7/6/12 at 4:51pm
- Best headphones for bass under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 20 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 21 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting 5 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 6 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2