ok, I own the turtlebeach X12's, they are $59. I have listened to the beats and they do sound better than the X12's, but they dont sound $200s better. If I go and buy a $100 pair of headphones, will they sound much worse than the beats, and will they sound much better than the X12's? i just want your opinion on the X12's for bassy songs i.e / Skrillex, Nero , Bass Nectar, and also techno like Deadmau5. but for around 100-120 dollars. ( or less ) , what is my best choice for the best headphones for an electronic bass genre. Thanks
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/10/12
- productAudio-Technica Solid Bass Over-Ear Headphones (ATH-WS55BK)tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productPioneer HDJ-500K DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productTurtle Beach Earforce x12tagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best BassHead Headphone <150$ ? Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry into headphones Last post on 8/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need help picking a ~150$ pair of portable headphones for bass-heavy electronic suff Last post on 7/16/12 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone 2400 Headphone Questions Last post on 7/6/12 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
TL;DR : Don't be lazy, I already made the review super short Let's just keep this short, I got the MMX102IE (same version just with a mic and 1 button remote) for about 40$ cuz of a discount...
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
Best headphones for bass under $100post #1 of 87/6/12 at 4:12pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 87/6/12 at 4:16pm
I may not know as much as other when it comes to headphones, but at least I know beats are crap.
There's tons of $100 headphones that are better than beats.
Audio Technica WS55, Pioneer HDJ500, Sony XB700 are just a few.
Hell, even some $50 headphones are better than beats.
Since you seem like a basshead I recommend you check out the Sony MDR-XB700.
Edited by RoMee - 7/6/12 at 4:23pmpost #3 of 87/6/12 at 4:23pmThread Starterpost #4 of 87/6/12 at 4:32pm
I don't have hundreads of headphones like some people here, so I can only advise you on headphones I have and use to have.
The Pioneer HDJ500 for under $100 are great when listening to skrillex and deadmau5.
I just got the Audio Technica ATH-M50 (about $150 online) and so far it's good for dubstep too. but I have this hooked up to a FiiO portable amp.
If you want a lot of bass, than the Sony XB700 will give you a sh*t load of bass.
Edited by RoMee - 7/6/12 at 4:38pmpost #5 of 87/6/12 at 4:36pmThread Starterpost #6 of 87/6/12 at 4:38pmThread Starterpost #7 of 87/6/12 at 4:48pmQuote:but do you think the bass will sound cloudy?
No, they sound great, but different people different taste hearing, and you can EQ them to your desire level, if you're not sure than wait for a second opinion or go to a local store and try them out.
Pioneer's HDJ series are great for dubstepQuote:
also do you recommend an amp? or a headphone amp soundcard?
No, not really, I only got the amp because I like playing with gadgets.
My sansa fuze didn't have a problem with them, but it's always fun to have amp.
A basic FiiO E6 is only about $25
I got the FiiO E11 and set it to 2, and my Audio Technica WS55 can produce bass that rivals beats while sounding better at the same time
Edited by RoMee - 7/6/12 at 4:51pm
- Best headphones for bass under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 1 minute ago
- › Breaking-in headphones, the final verdict! 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 5 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 7 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)