ok, I own the turtlebeach X12's, they are $59. I have listened to the beats and they do sound better than the X12's, but they dont sound $200s better. If I go and buy a $100 pair of headphones, will they sound much worse than the beats, and will they sound much better than the X12's? i just want your opinion on the X12's for bassy songs i.e / Skrillex, Nero , Bass Nectar, and also techno like Deadmau5. but for around 100-120 dollars. ( or less ) , what is my best choice for the best headphones for an electronic bass genre. Thanks
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/10/12
- productAudio-Technica Solid Bass Over-Ear Headphones (ATH-WS55BK)tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productPioneer HDJ-500K DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productTurtle Beach Earforce x12tagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best BassHead Headphone <150$ ? Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry into headphones Last post on 8/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need help picking a ~150$ pair of portable headphones for bass-heavy electronic suff Last post on 7/16/12 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone 2400 Headphone Questions Last post on 7/6/12 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Rock Jaw is an audio hardware company based in Britain. Owing true to the legacy of their fore-bearers, Rock Jaw continues to engineer great audio hardware. The Alfa Genus V2 is no exception....
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
Best headphones for bass under $100post #1 of 87/6/12 at 4:12pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 87/6/12 at 4:16pm
I may not know as much as other when it comes to headphones, but at least I know beats are crap.
There's tons of $100 headphones that are better than beats.
Audio Technica WS55, Pioneer HDJ500, Sony XB700 are just a few.
Hell, even some $50 headphones are better than beats.
Since you seem like a basshead I recommend you check out the Sony MDR-XB700.
Edited by RoMee - 7/6/12 at 4:23pmpost #3 of 87/6/12 at 4:23pmThread Starterpost #4 of 87/6/12 at 4:32pm
I don't have hundreads of headphones like some people here, so I can only advise you on headphones I have and use to have.
The Pioneer HDJ500 for under $100 are great when listening to skrillex and deadmau5.
I just got the Audio Technica ATH-M50 (about $150 online) and so far it's good for dubstep too. but I have this hooked up to a FiiO portable amp.
If you want a lot of bass, than the Sony XB700 will give you a sh*t load of bass.
Edited by RoMee - 7/6/12 at 4:38pmpost #5 of 87/6/12 at 4:36pmThread Starterpost #6 of 87/6/12 at 4:38pmThread Starterpost #7 of 87/6/12 at 4:48pmQuote:but do you think the bass will sound cloudy?
No, they sound great, but different people different taste hearing, and you can EQ them to your desire level, if you're not sure than wait for a second opinion or go to a local store and try them out.
Pioneer's HDJ series are great for dubstepQuote:
also do you recommend an amp? or a headphone amp soundcard?
No, not really, I only got the amp because I like playing with gadgets.
My sansa fuze didn't have a problem with them, but it's always fun to have amp.
A basic FiiO E6 is only about $25
I got the FiiO E11 and set it to 2, and my Audio Technica WS55 can produce bass that rivals beats while sounding better at the same time
Edited by RoMee - 7/6/12 at 4:51pm
- Best headphones for bass under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 18 seconds ago
- › New iRiver AK70 6 minutes ago
- › BeoPlay H6 or H8 13 minutes ago
- › The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here! 14 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 15 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 15 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 15 minutes ago
- › The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver... 16 minutes ago
- › in ear monitors for pop music recommendations 16 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 20 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by Cinder
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...