ok, I own the turtlebeach X12's, they are $59. I have listened to the beats and they do sound better than the X12's, but they dont sound $200s better. If I go and buy a $100 pair of headphones, will they sound much worse than the beats, and will they sound much better than the X12's? i just want your opinion on the X12's for bassy songs i.e / Skrillex, Nero , Bass Nectar, and also techno like Deadmau5. but for around 100-120 dollars. ( or less ) , what is my best choice for the best headphones for an electronic bass genre. Thanks
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/10/12
- productAudio-Technica Solid Bass Over-Ear Headphones (ATH-WS55BK)tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productPioneer HDJ-500K DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productTurtle Beach Earforce x12tagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best BassHead Headphone <150$ ? Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry into headphones Last post on 8/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need help picking a ~150$ pair of portable headphones for bass-heavy electronic suff Last post on 7/16/12 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone 2400 Headphone Questions Last post on 7/6/12 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Best headphones for bass under $100post #1 of 87/6/12 at 4:12pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 87/6/12 at 4:16pm
I may not know as much as other when it comes to headphones, but at least I know beats are crap.
There's tons of $100 headphones that are better than beats.
Audio Technica WS55, Pioneer HDJ500, Sony XB700 are just a few.
Hell, even some $50 headphones are better than beats.
Since you seem like a basshead I recommend you check out the Sony MDR-XB700.
Edited by RoMee - 7/6/12 at 4:23pmpost #3 of 87/6/12 at 4:23pmThread Starterpost #4 of 87/6/12 at 4:32pm
I don't have hundreads of headphones like some people here, so I can only advise you on headphones I have and use to have.
The Pioneer HDJ500 for under $100 are great when listening to skrillex and deadmau5.
I just got the Audio Technica ATH-M50 (about $150 online) and so far it's good for dubstep too. but I have this hooked up to a FiiO portable amp.
If you want a lot of bass, than the Sony XB700 will give you a sh*t load of bass.
Edited by RoMee - 7/6/12 at 4:38pmpost #5 of 87/6/12 at 4:36pmThread Starterpost #6 of 87/6/12 at 4:38pmThread Starterpost #7 of 87/6/12 at 4:48pmQuote:but do you think the bass will sound cloudy?
No, they sound great, but different people different taste hearing, and you can EQ them to your desire level, if you're not sure than wait for a second opinion or go to a local store and try them out.
Pioneer's HDJ series are great for dubstepQuote:
also do you recommend an amp? or a headphone amp soundcard?
No, not really, I only got the amp because I like playing with gadgets.
My sansa fuze didn't have a problem with them, but it's always fun to have amp.
A basic FiiO E6 is only about $25
I got the FiiO E11 and set it to 2, and my Audio Technica WS55 can produce bass that rivals beats while sounding better at the same time
Edited by RoMee - 7/6/12 at 4:51pm
- Best headphones for bass under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Onkyo ES-FC300 / HF300? 6 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here 53 seconds ago
- › Earbuds for 60$? 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Huge mid-fi gear blowout - slashed low prices! Brainwavz B2,... 5 minutes ago
- › USB dac and crackling 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)