ok, I own the turtlebeach X12's, they are $59. I have listened to the beats and they do sound better than the X12's, but they dont sound $200s better. If I go and buy a $100 pair of headphones, will they sound much worse than the beats, and will they sound much better than the X12's? i just want your opinion on the X12's for bassy songs i.e / Skrillex, Nero , Bass Nectar, and also techno like Deadmau5. but for around 100-120 dollars. ( or less ) , what is my best choice for the best headphones for an electronic bass genre. Thanks
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/10/12
- productAudio-Technica Solid Bass Over-Ear Headphones (ATH-WS55BK)tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productPioneer HDJ-500K DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/10/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/10/12
- productTurtle Beach Earforce x12tagged by System, 7/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best BassHead Headphone <150$ ? Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry into headphones Last post on 8/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need help picking a ~150$ pair of portable headphones for bass-heavy electronic suff Last post on 7/16/12 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone 2400 Headphone Questions Last post on 7/6/12 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
Best headphones for bass under $100post #1 of 87/6/12 at 4:12pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 87/6/12 at 4:16pm
I may not know as much as other when it comes to headphones, but at least I know beats are crap.
There's tons of $100 headphones that are better than beats.
Audio Technica WS55, Pioneer HDJ500, Sony XB700 are just a few.
Hell, even some $50 headphones are better than beats.
Since you seem like a basshead I recommend you check out the Sony MDR-XB700.
Edited by RoMee - 7/6/12 at 4:23pmpost #3 of 87/6/12 at 4:23pmThread Starterpost #4 of 87/6/12 at 4:32pm
I don't have hundreads of headphones like some people here, so I can only advise you on headphones I have and use to have.
The Pioneer HDJ500 for under $100 are great when listening to skrillex and deadmau5.
I just got the Audio Technica ATH-M50 (about $150 online) and so far it's good for dubstep too. but I have this hooked up to a FiiO portable amp.
If you want a lot of bass, than the Sony XB700 will give you a sh*t load of bass.
Edited by RoMee - 7/6/12 at 4:38pmpost #5 of 87/6/12 at 4:36pmThread Starterpost #6 of 87/6/12 at 4:38pmThread Starterpost #7 of 87/6/12 at 4:48pmQuote:but do you think the bass will sound cloudy?
No, they sound great, but different people different taste hearing, and you can EQ them to your desire level, if you're not sure than wait for a second opinion or go to a local store and try them out.
Pioneer's HDJ series are great for dubstepQuote:
also do you recommend an amp? or a headphone amp soundcard?
No, not really, I only got the amp because I like playing with gadgets.
My sansa fuze didn't have a problem with them, but it's always fun to have amp.
A basic FiiO E6 is only about $25
I got the FiiO E11 and set it to 2, and my Audio Technica WS55 can produce bass that rivals beats while sounding better at the same time
Edited by RoMee - 7/6/12 at 4:51pm
- Best headphones for bass under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 16 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Good generic mods for headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Valve Audio Design - VAD 12 DSD DAC dual mono - a DAC coming from UK 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2