Actually, didn't Jason advise against 7v in the Lyr? So there's that. But still, tell us if it sounds good.
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 3/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: Schiit Valhalla Last post on 12/3/13 at 7:37am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Schiit Magni vs Vali. Which is better? Last post on Yesterday at 1:00 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for my DT 990s? Last post on 11/27/13 at 11:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WTB: Schiit Valhalla Last post on 11/13/13 at 4:37pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- ''Mr.Tom's'' Schiit Valhalla tubes ** DECEMBER PRiCE DROP! Last post on 10/21/13 at 5:52am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
Schiit Valhalla: Now with 100% More Rollability! - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What reason? As far as anyone has experienced 7v volt is just fine with Lyr. It's just a matter of is the Valhalla compatible
with that tube type.
Does this mean the "new" Valhalla sounds better with the stock tubes than the "old" Valhalla with stock tubes? How would you describe the difference?
Q: So why go rollable now?
A: Because the Tube Rolling God reached down and touched our forehead, and we have converted fully to the Rolling Faith. Or not. The real reason is simply ongoing product refinement and testing. Beginning early this year, we built up a few rollable Valhallas to experiment with, and we ended up liking the sound quite a bit better than the non-rollable ones. So we decided to roll (heh, heh) this into production.
I thought it wasn't possible to roll at all with the Valhalla? Maybe I been reading wrong haha
LOL! It wasn't before, but is now. Hence the thread you're posting in! haha!.
I would want to know this too......
ecc88 is the European version of the 6dj8
e88cc is the European version of the 6922
Both are 100% safe in your amp
Thanks very much for this information!
Great info.... Thanks!
Another question does anybody have roll the large tubes from this valhalla? 6dj6 ones? As they are the amp ones does they improve or change the sound if they are roll?
Thanks I am starting to become addict to audiophile!!!
Just bought one with a Modi.. Cracking combo.. got this urge to plug it into my vinyl rig:)
I have to say, I nearly sold my Fischer FA-002W's.. till I plugged them into this.. Lovely sound so far, should be interesting how the amp breaks in...
Edited by migasson - 6/14/13 at 9:41pm
- Schiit Valhalla: Now with 100% More Rollability!
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 14 seconds ago
- › How much sound leaks out of the HD 558s vs HD 449s? 33 seconds ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 33 seconds ago
- › How Do You Discover Music? 1 minute ago
- › Does it exist? Stereo bluetooth headphones with excellent boom mic... 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › Digital SPDIF Coax to 3.5mm interconnect - Frost Audio Blackfrost... 6 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi