Actually, didn't Jason advise against 7v in the Lyr? So there's that. But still, tell us if it sounds good.
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Good headphones for my user bifrost/Valhalla combo? Last post on 4/7/14 at 4:53pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop Setup with Speakers Last post on 2/9/14 at 5:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- computer as source issues ?? Last post on 2/1/14 at 4:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- AMP - Meier Concerto, Meier Classic or Schiit Valhalla Last post on 1/4/14 at 7:35am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Pulled the trigger on some SCHIIT Last post on 1/3/14 at 1:07pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
Schiit Valhalla: Now with 100% More Rollability! - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What reason? As far as anyone has experienced 7v volt is just fine with Lyr. It's just a matter of is the Valhalla compatible
with that tube type.
Does this mean the "new" Valhalla sounds better with the stock tubes than the "old" Valhalla with stock tubes? How would you describe the difference?
Q: So why go rollable now?
A: Because the Tube Rolling God reached down and touched our forehead, and we have converted fully to the Rolling Faith. Or not. The real reason is simply ongoing product refinement and testing. Beginning early this year, we built up a few rollable Valhallas to experiment with, and we ended up liking the sound quite a bit better than the non-rollable ones. So we decided to roll (heh, heh) this into production.
I thought it wasn't possible to roll at all with the Valhalla? Maybe I been reading wrong haha
LOL! It wasn't before, but is now. Hence the thread you're posting in! haha!.
I would want to know this too......
ecc88 is the European version of the 6dj8
e88cc is the European version of the 6922
Both are 100% safe in your amp
Thanks very much for this information!
Great info.... Thanks!
Another question does anybody have roll the large tubes from this valhalla? 6dj6 ones? As they are the amp ones does they improve or change the sound if they are roll?
Thanks I am starting to become addict to audiophile!!!
Just bought one with a Modi.. Cracking combo.. got this urge to plug it into my vinyl rig:)
I have to say, I nearly sold my Fischer FA-002W's.. till I plugged them into this.. Lovely sound so far, should be interesting how the amp breaks in...
Edited by migasson - 6/14/13 at 9:41pm
- Schiit Valhalla: Now with 100% More Rollability!
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 seconds ago
- › FS: Audez'e LCD-2 RV1 Rosewood Headphones w/Upgraded Leather Headband 10 seconds ago
- › Leckerton Audio UHA-6S MKII (AD8610) 21 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 53 seconds ago
- › Alpha Dog black 1 minute ago
- › Effects of power cords 2 minutes ago
- › Difference between phono stage and phono preamp? 2 minutes ago
- › Want headphones for metalcore, $100 budget 3 minutes ago
- › HD800+LittleDotIII+AMB Gamma2 trade 4 Submariner or GMTii 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude