Actually, didn't Jason advise against 7v in the Lyr? So there's that. But still, tell us if it sounds good.
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Good headphones for my user bifrost/Valhalla combo? Last post on 4/7/14 at 4:53pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop Setup with Speakers Last post on 2/9/14 at 5:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- computer as source issues ?? Last post on 2/1/14 at 4:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- AMP - Meier Concerto, Meier Classic or Schiit Valhalla Last post on 1/4/14 at 7:35am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Pulled the trigger on some SCHIIT Last post on 1/3/14 at 1:07pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
Schiit Valhalla: Now with 100% More Rollability! - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What reason? As far as anyone has experienced 7v volt is just fine with Lyr. It's just a matter of is the Valhalla compatible
with that tube type.
Does this mean the "new" Valhalla sounds better with the stock tubes than the "old" Valhalla with stock tubes? How would you describe the difference?
Q: So why go rollable now?
A: Because the Tube Rolling God reached down and touched our forehead, and we have converted fully to the Rolling Faith. Or not. The real reason is simply ongoing product refinement and testing. Beginning early this year, we built up a few rollable Valhallas to experiment with, and we ended up liking the sound quite a bit better than the non-rollable ones. So we decided to roll (heh, heh) this into production.
I thought it wasn't possible to roll at all with the Valhalla? Maybe I been reading wrong haha
LOL! It wasn't before, but is now. Hence the thread you're posting in! haha!.
I would want to know this too......
ecc88 is the European version of the 6dj8
e88cc is the European version of the 6922
Both are 100% safe in your amp
Thanks very much for this information!
Great info.... Thanks!
Another question does anybody have roll the large tubes from this valhalla? 6dj6 ones? As they are the amp ones does they improve or change the sound if they are roll?
Thanks I am starting to become addict to audiophile!!!
Just bought one with a Modi.. Cracking combo.. got this urge to plug it into my vinyl rig:)
I have to say, I nearly sold my Fischer FA-002W's.. till I plugged them into this.. Lovely sound so far, should be interesting how the amp breaks in...
Edited by migasson - 6/14/13 at 9:41pm
- Schiit Valhalla: Now with 100% More Rollability!
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 17 seconds ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 23 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 41 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 1 minute ago
- › YULONG D200 Impression : ES9016 Balanced DAC + Class A Single End... 1 minute ago
- › Extra Comfort on Monoprice 8323? 1 minute ago
- › Can the apex pinnacle use the KR PX4? 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Audeze LCD-3 Headphones (United Kingdom) 2 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor [Flagship 4W ESS SABRE32 Model] + Free 1793 DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob