New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chris_Himself / Headphonelounge - Page 2

post #16 of 27

I appreciate the patience on your end as well. It's all said and done, I hope that anybody consulting this thread takes the time to read it for it's content and makes a proper conclusion, regardless of what it is.

post #17 of 27

I just received my Silerray cables for my Shure SE535 Special Edition IEM from Chris and Ted.  I want to say it was a real pleasure dealing with both Chris on the order side and Ted on the build side.  I received the cables promptly and the build quality is excellent.  I will post a review after a proper burn in but so far the difference between my stock Shure cables and the Silerrays is a wider sound stage and much clearer highs. I thoroughly recommend Headphonelounge and their Silverray cables. 

 

Steve

post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post

I just received my Silerray cables for my Shure SE535 Special Edition IEM from Chris and Ted.  I want to say it was a real pleasure dealing with both Chris on the order side and Ted on the build side.  I received the cables promptly and the build quality is excellent.  I will post a review after a proper burn in but so far the difference between my stock Shure cables and the Silerrays is a wider sound stage and much clearer highs. I thoroughly recommend Headphonelounge and their Silverray cables. 

 

Steve

 

Hey you're absolutely welcome!

 

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy your cables :)


Edited by Chris_Himself - 3/4/13 at 5:38pm
post #19 of 27

Oh my... Who's that cute boi in the pix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post

 

Hey you're absolutely welcome!

 

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy your cables :)

 


Edited by Girls Generation - 3/4/13 at 7:24pm
post #20 of 27

That would be me.

post #21 of 27
I want to be begin my sound review (see my review of dealing with Chris and Ted of Headphonelounge in the purchase above) of the Silverray cables by stating that I am a through going sceptic by nature and training (corporate attorney) but let me say the difference between my stock Shure cables and Headphonelounge's Silverray cables is nothing short of amazing.  I do not know whether this an indictment of the stock Shure cables or praise of the Silverrays or a little of both.  
 
By way of background, I am using the Shure SE 535 Special Edition from Asia with a Fiio E11 amplifier.  I was very pleased with my set up and was entirely satisfied with the sound. Or so I thought...I then ordered the Silverray cables from Chris Himself on Headphonelounge not really expecting much if any real sonic difference (I thought they looked great and for the price why not) but I am astounded. I knew right away that the sound would change, the slight hiss prevalent in all Shure IEMs was all but gone.  There is a bit of microphonics with the Silverrays but I chose to have the cable sheathed from the 3.5mm plug to the Y connection for added protection so it is a trade off I am willing to pay.  The memory wire was actually easier to slip over my ears than the stock cables and it retains its shape after only the initial fitting.  Also, I am finding that the Silverrays are much less likely to tangle than the stock Shure. 
 
The Silverrays have opened already great highs and expanded the soundstage slightly without sacrificing the low end or the midrange.  The easiest way for me (an admitted neophyte audiophile) to describe the general difference between the stock cables and the Silverrays is an material overall tightening and clarity of the sonic signature from top to bottom.  
 
The Silverrays took what I thought was a great, if not the best, universal IEM and made them SOAR.  Listening to Peter Gabriel's flute and Steve Hackett's guitar of Genesis in "The Fifth of Firth" or Annie Haslam's voice (all five octaves) of Renaissance has brought a subtle but noticeable clarity and beauty heretofore unheard.  For the eminently reasonable price of $85 for a 4'6" cable, I am utterly and completely satisfied.  Bravo Chris and Ted. 
 
Steve
post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post

I want to be begin my sound review (see my review of dealing with Chris and Ted of Headphonelounge in the purchase above) of the Silverray cables by stating that I am a through going sceptic by nature and training (corporate attorney) but let me say the difference between my stock Shure cables and Headphonelounge's Silverray cables is nothing short of amazing.  I do not know whether this an indictment of the stock Shure cables or praise of the Silverrays or a little of both.  
 
By way of background, I am using the Shure SE 535 Special Edition from Asia with a Fiio E11 amplifier.  I was very pleased with my set up and was entirely satisfied with the sound. Or so I thought...I then ordered the Silverray cables from Chris Himself on Headphonelounge not really expecting much if any real sonic difference (I thought they looked great and for the price why not) but I am astounded. I knew right away that the sound would change, the slight hiss prevalent in all Shure IEMs was all but gone.  There is a bit of microphonics with the Silverrays but I chose to have the cable sheathed from the 3.5mm plug to the Y connection for added protection so it is a trade off I am willing to pay.  The memory wire was actually easier to slip over my ears than the stock cables and it retains its shape after only the initial fitting.  Also, I am finding that the Silverrays are much less likely to tangle than the stock Shure. 
 
The Silverrays have opened already great highs and expanded the soundstage slightly without sacrificing the low end or the midrange.  The easiest way for me (an admitted neophyte audiophile) to describe the general difference between the stock cables and the Silverrays is an material overall tightening and clarity of the sonic signature from top to bottom.  
 
The Silverrays took what I thought was a great, if not the best, universal IEM and made them SOAR.  Listening to Peter Gabriel's flute and Steve Hackett's guitar of Genesis in "The Fifth of Firth" or Annie Haslam's voice (all five octaves) of Renaissance has brought a subtle but noticeable clarity and beauty heretofore unheard.  For the eminently reasonable price of $85 for a 4'6" cable, I am utterly and completely satisfied.  Bravo Chris and Ted. 
 
Steve

 

Nice review Steve,

 

Very glad that you noticed sonic improvements with the Silver Ray Line.

It's always nice to squeeze that last bit of detail from your music.

post #23 of 27
Sending to Canada FROM the States is always a chore. Only way to get it there ON TIME, is by FedEx or UPS or DHL. USPS takes FOREVER. My $44 Priority Shipping from schiit audio has taken 8 days and it has JUST reached a post office this morning. Compared to the 4 Otterboxes I shipped from FedEx which cost $39, it shipped on a Friday arrived on Tuesday. Likewise, shipments from UPS and DHL from china took 5 days Each.
post #24 of 27

UPS has massive brokerage fees, same goes for anything that comes via Ground. Avoid like the plague. FedEx priority is best bet.

post #25 of 27

Dude threw me my Heir 8.a + Tzar 350 because it was so small and walked away. Didnt take tax from me hahahah

post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post

I want to be begin my sound review (see my review of dealing with Chris and Ted of Headphonelounge in the purchase above) of the Silverray cables by stating that I am a through going sceptic by nature and training (corporate attorney) but let me say the difference between my stock Shure cables and Headphonelounge's Silverray cables is nothing short of amazing.  I do not know whether this an indictment of the stock Shure cables or praise of the Silverrays or a little of both.  
 
By way of background, I am using the Shure SE 535 Special Edition from Asia with a Fiio E11 amplifier.  I was very pleased with my set up and was entirely satisfied with the sound. Or so I thought...I then ordered the Silverray cables from Chris Himself on Headphonelounge not really expecting much if any real sonic difference (I thought they looked great and for the price why not) but I am astounded. I knew right away that the sound would change, the slight hiss prevalent in all Shure IEMs was all but gone.  There is a bit of microphonics with the Silverrays but I chose to have the cable sheathed from the 3.5mm plug to the Y connection for added protection so it is a trade off I am willing to pay.  The memory wire was actually easier to slip over my ears than the stock cables and it retains its shape after only the initial fitting.  Also, I am finding that the Silverrays are much less likely to tangle than the stock Shure. 
 
The Silverrays have opened already great highs and expanded the soundstage slightly without sacrificing the low end or the midrange.  The easiest way for me (an admitted neophyte audiophile) to describe the general difference between the stock cables and the Silverrays is an material overall tightening and clarity of the sonic signature from top to bottom.  
 
The Silverrays took what I thought was a great, if not the best, universal IEM and made them SOAR.  Listening to Peter Gabriel's flute and Steve Hackett's guitar of Genesis in "The Fifth of Firth" or Annie Haslam's voice (all five octaves) of Renaissance has brought a subtle but noticeable clarity and beauty heretofore unheard.  For the eminently reasonable price of $85 for a 4'6" cable, I am utterly and completely satisfied.  Bravo Chris and Ted. 
 
Steve

 

Steve, my bad I've been absent on Head-Fi plus I'm subbed to so many threads that your post sort of got pushed down.

 

I'm really happy you enjoy the sound. Ted does awesome work and I wouldn't have anybody else do my cables for me these days (not even me).

 

Feel free to PM me if you ever have any questions down the road, the service extends beyond the sale :)

post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thracian View Post

Sending to Canada FROM the States is always a chore. Only way to get it there ON TIME, is by FedEx or UPS or DHL. USPS takes FOREVER. My $44 Priority Shipping from schiit audio has taken 8 days and it has JUST reached a post office this morning. Compared to the 4 Otterboxes I shipped from FedEx which cost $39, it shipped on a Friday arrived on Tuesday. Likewise, shipments from UPS and DHL from china took 5 days Each.

You know, I have never had an issue with USPS shipping to Canada.  It is way cheaper.  I mean, it may take a week, but that isn't "FOREVER".

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home