Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post - Page 51

post #751 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi View Post

nah..I've been browsing on Taobao site and stumbled on this, they charge service to 3 different price in order to change the cable (4 cores, 6 cores and 8 cores) the 8 cores cost a little bit over USD100
seems interesting but I'm just a casual user with no knowledge about cable.
PS.
Not sure if allowed to post link here, anyway...if you can read chinese PM me, I'll give you the link

My friend putente would be interested in this. I shall let him know, Please send me the link via PM.
post #752 of 974
Thread Starter 

You can post a link here.  The GR07 MK2 cable already has silver in it though I think, Vsonic said "we added more silver strands" I'm not sure if it's pure silver or silver-plated copper, or silver and copper strands.  The only way to find out is opening up the cable, heh.

post #753 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

You can post a link here.  The GR07 MK2 cable already has silver in it though I think, Vsonic said "we added more silver strands" I'm not sure if it's pure silver or silver-plated copper, or silver and copper strands.  The only way to find out is opening up the cable, heh.

Yes MK2 does have silver in it, silver plated I believe. but that link while be excellent for MK1 owners wanting to upgrade also.
post #754 of 974
here we go:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.1.1000638.225.mGrZ6W&id=9515455234

I was thinking to upgrade mine but I have no idea nor knowledge of what different does it make + I don't understand chinese (don't ask how I found this LOL)
post #755 of 974
Thread Starter 

Not that I have any first-hand experience, but I don't think you need it.  Just get a better source or amplifier instead, as in sound-card, DAC or portable player.

post #756 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi View Post

here we go:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.1.1000638.225.mGrZ6W&id=9515455234
I was thinking to upgrade mine but I have no idea nor knowledge of what different does it make + I don't understand chinese (don't ask how I found this LOL)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

My friend putente would be interested in this. I shall let him know, Please send me the link via PM.

 

 

 

Indeed, finally someone is recabling the GR07!!! I'm just not that sure yet about sending my beloved GR07 all the way to China, neither I understand chinese. Maybe some Head-Fi'er  in China could try that recabling service first, and tell us all about it... popcorn.gif

post #757 of 974
I'm here biggrin.gif but my brain would not produce reliable review on it.....as I only recognize "Sounds good"
post #758 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

Nice pics, yours?

 

 

Anyone seen this Anime IEM?  http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/10/24-1/moe-character-mone-introduces-new-custom-in-ear-monitors

Lol, the Japanese sure know how to milk fanbases to the last drop, 1900$ ??? You can probably buy a kidney for less :P

post #759 of 974

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi View Post

I'm here biggrin.gif but my brain would not produce reliable review on it.....as I only recognize "Sounds good"

 

 

But are you going to recable your GR07 with that service?

post #760 of 974
I'm dancing with the idea......but have not decided yet...it's more of a NICE thing rather than MUST thing.

880 Chinese yuan = 141.3518 US dollars, I agree with Kiteki, that amount is better to be spent on other source toy since I have no problem with my GR07

I'll check with my local friend if they can get more info about the process, would appreciate if you guys could give me what question to ask them.

based on Google translate if a brand of japanese/new york silver cable (I assumed) 3, 4 & 8 cores...1.2M length (can be customized)
Edited by semperfi - 11/26/12 at 4:58am
post #761 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi View Post

I'm dancing with the idea......but have not decided yet...it's more of a NICE thing rather than MUST thing.
880 Chinese yuan = 141.3518 US dollars, I agree with Kiteki, that amount is better to be spent on other source toy since I have no problem with my GR07
I'll check with my local friend if they can get more info about the process, would appreciate if you guys could give me what question to ask them.
based on Google translate if a brand of japanese/new york silver cable (I assumed) 3, 4 & 8 cores...1.2M length (can be customized)

 

 

Wow, that's a lot of money! That's the price for the recabling only? It's about the same price as a new GR07 unit... frown.gif

post #762 of 974
yes..it's only re-cabling

3 cores = 480 Yuan
4 cores = 600 Yuan
8 cores = 880 Yuan

better save the money for something else or an upgrade
post #763 of 974
Thread Starter 

Spend that money on the most refined portable amplifier in China instead.

 

 

best Chinese IEM + best Chinese portable amplifier = ...

 

 

 

 

China+Best+Owings+Mills.JPG


Edited by kiteki - 11/26/12 at 8:10am
post #764 of 974
Thread Starter 

Update:  I played around with some component synergy, different amp and DAC.

 

 

I like the Vsonic with my Lite DAC-AH.


Edited by kiteki - 11/27/12 at 4:38pm
post #765 of 974
Thread Starter 

Yup I'm quite enjoying the GR07 MK2 with my non-oversampling Lite DAC-AH now.  Have to say I can lean back, close my eyes and enjoy the music more than some of my more technical IEM / HP's.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post