Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post - Page 45

post #661 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by turgid View Post

tired of waiting for kiteki's review on these! 

 

You could do something crazy like just buy them, based on the 40+ pages of positive things everyone else has had to say about them.

post #662 of 974

im not interested in buyin them :) ...

 

just interested in what kiteki brings up for his review.. 

 

like the ck10 review is just so awesome to read .. i read it very often ..

post #663 of 974
Quote:
You could do something crazy like just buy them

 

 

 

 

Quote:
like the ck10 review is just so awesome to read .. i read it very often ..

 

see im already crazy ! 

post #664 of 974
Thread Starter 

Hey!  I've been pretty busy lately so not very much in 'audio-mode'.

 

I'm a semi-perfectionist and wanted to spend a good 5 hours or so on the GR07 MK2 review but haven't dedicated time to that, and audio is really difficult with semi-perfectionism since 1) It's emotional, and 2) You'll change your mind next week.

 

I don't want to hype the GR07 where it's average, and don't want to average it where it should be hyped!

 

It's not a very exciting or dazzling IEM, it's pretty lifeless.  However as a reference level IEM it surpasses the Etymotic ER-4S and J-phonic K2 SP in it's tonal quality for sure.

 

The CK10 was a 'natural' review, perhaps if I just stopped trying to be so categorical and accurate I could write more reviews.

post #665 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

Hey!  I've been pretty busy lately so not very much in 'audio-mode'.

 

I'm a semi-perfectionist and wanted to spend a good 5 hours or so on the GR07 MK2 review but haven't dedicated time to that, and audio is really difficult with semi-perfectionism since 1) It's emotional, and 2) You'll change your mind next week.

 

I don't want to hype the GR07 where it's average, and don't want to average it where it should be hyped!

 

It's not a very exciting or dazzling IEM, it's pretty lifeless.  However as a reference level IEM it surpasses the Etymotic ER-4S and J-phonic K2 SP in it's tonal quality for sure.

 

The CK10 was a 'natural' review, perhaps if I just stopped trying to be so categorical and accurate I could write more reviews.

Damn you are making me want to try it........

post #666 of 974
Thread Starter 

Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

 

Damn you are making me want to try it........

 

I told you not to buy the XBA-3.

post #667 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 

I told you not to buy the XBA-3.

No harm in getting another IEM....... 

Besides I love my XBA3 just want to try something different..... 

post #668 of 974
Thread Starter 
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 

I told you not to buy the XBA-3.

No harm in getting another IEM....... 

Besides I love my XBA3 just want to try something different..... 

 

http://www.jaben.com.au/collections/vsonic

 

You live in Melbourne, just catch a tram there after school and try it.

post #669 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 

http://www.jaben.com.au/collections/vsonic

 

You live in Melbourne, just catch a tram there after school and try it.

Actually I live in sydney 

post #670 of 974

How does this IEM compare to the fischer audio dba-02?

post #671 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

Hey!  I've been pretty busy lately so not very much in 'audio-mode'.

However as a reference level IEM it surpasses the Etymotic ER-4S and J-phonic K2 SP in it's tonal quality for sure.

Whoa whoa whoa let's not get ahead of ourselves! Do you have the 4S on hand for comparison? Imo the gr07 is tonally dark from the lower mids on down and not very even in treble response.
post #672 of 974
Thread Starter 
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

Hey!  I've been pretty busy lately so not very much in 'audio-mode'.

However as a reference level IEM it surpasses the Etymotic ER-4S and J-phonic K2 SP in it's tonal quality for sure.

Whoa whoa whoa let's not get ahead of ourselves! Do you have the 4S on hand for comparison? Imo the gr07 is tonally dark from the lower mids on down and not very even in treble response.

 

 

I once had the Etymotic ER-4PT with the 75 ohm resistor cable (so it becomes the ER-4S), then I traded it for a Sony MDR-EX600.

 

The ER-4S, TF10, CK10, UE700 etc. have better highs or high-highs than the GR07 MK2 for sure, I just recall the tonal qualities of the ER-4, it's quite digital sounding. 

 

I think the GR07 MK2 is closer (but not quite) in the Sony MDR-EX1000 and ATH-CKW1000ANV league of dynamic driver IEM's in it's tonal quality.

 

I'm using the term tonal quality seperate from SPL / FR and technical performance.

 

For instance a flute has weak technical performance and very limited FR, it can still have a heavenly tone.

post #673 of 974
Quote:
For instance a flute has weak technical performance

 

care to put some more light on this ?

post #674 of 974
Thread Starter 
Originally Posted by turgid View Post
For instance a flute has weak technical performance

 

care to put some more light on this ?

 

It doesn't have any bass.

 

 

Electric guitars also have weak technical performance, full of THD+N.

post #675 of 974

yes...silver does "tarnish" with oxygen...that's why no "air" can get into the wires, surrounded by plastic/rubber.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post