Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post - Page 44

post #646 of 981
Thread Starter 

Jeez, I suppose I have to burn mine in for longer then, and keep waiting for differences, hehe.

 

 

Bio-cellulose is bacteria cultivated in a lab for days then compressed into sheets several dozen times thinner than a human hair, these sheets are treated with an alkaline or oxidative solution, then cut and pressed into the desired shape as an acoustic driver.

 

The Sony Research Centre experimented with and listened to a lot of materials, they placed very high esteem in the sound of these bio-cel nano-sheets.  If not, the R10 would have been made out of crushed rubies instead.

 

 

I'm sure Fostex and Vsonic have 'cheated' in the bio-cellulose process, and they're layering it on top of of PET or Nylon, or skipping the alkaline process or whatever, but the GR07 MK2 sounds pretty nice and has a few unique assets in it at least.

 

 

If you want to read more you can try searching for Y. Nishi, M. Uryu, S. Yamanaka, K. Watanabe, N. Kitamura, M. Iguchi and S. Mitsuhashi.

 

 

 

Another piece of equipment you can still find from this era is the Sony SA3000 headphone.  As far as I know it's still being made in Thailand.

 

 

You can say the R10 led to the Vsonic GR07 MK2, and the Qualia 010 led to the SA3000.

 

 

The SA3000 rivals the Audio Technica AD1000 and it's excellent for the price.  Similar to the SA5000 the SPL of the bass is very low, however the quality is very high, and it's very suitable for electronic music !!

 

 

Pix

 

 

 

post #647 of 981
Great post kiteki. It's odd they chose to make the diaphragm clear in the mock up. Probably to make it more mysterious...
post #648 of 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post

About 2 hours in on the bass ed now, listening to prime Black Sabbath albums (Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules) with distinct basslines... early impressions, I thought the sub-bass rumble couldn't possibly get any better, but it did! More to follow later when I compare them, analyzing for differences.

 

How are those comparisons going between the GR07 MK2 and BASS edition? Keep us updated, please... beerchug.gif

post #649 of 981

Azathoth.  Stop torturing us and compare them.  Dying here.
 

post #650 of 981
I see members often come here looking for the differences between MK1 & MK2.

Here's some more information for your interest .

http://www.head-fi.org/t/552132/vsonic-gr07-impressions-appreciation-thread/4140#post_8772984
post #651 of 981

Hello, can you help me, now i'm trying to make a choose between Vsonic GR07 mk2 and Shure se215.I listen to different music (trans,different house, dnb, sometimes rock and hip-hop), what is more, I don't shure that my Ipod nano 6G would reveal the potential of Vsonic GR07. Can you give me some advices, unfortunately i don't have a possibility to try them=(

post #652 of 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladkov View Post

Hello, can you help me, now i'm trying to make a choose between Vsonic GR07 mk2 and Shure se215.I listen to different music (trans,different house, dnb, sometimes rock and hip-hop), what is more, I don't shure that my Ipod nano 6G would reveal the potential of Vsonic GR07. Can you give me some advices, unfortunately i don't have a possibility to try them=(


Obviously, by posting in this thread, you will be advised to go for the GR07.  For my money, you can't go wrong with that decision.  I usually choose the GR07 to listen to over all my other IEMs, including Westone 4, Shure SE530, and (often) Sony EX1000.

post #653 of 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJS View Post


Obviously, by posting in this thread, you will be advised to go for the GR07.  For my money, you can't go wrong with that decision.  I usually choose the GR07 to listen to over all my other IEMs, including Westone 4, Shure SE530, and (often) Sony EX1000.

thanks you for your advise. I heard some views that this is foolishly to buy expensive iem and other phones for low players,

probably you won't hear big difference between iem for 100$ and for 200$.

I think that ipod isn't good player, but it is very convenient for me.

p.s. sorry for my terrible english=(

post #654 of 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladkov View Post

thanks you for your advise. I heard some views that this is foolishly to buy expensive iem and other phones for low players,

probably you won't hear big difference between iem for 100$ and for 200$.

I think that ipod isn't good player, but it is very convenient for me.

p.s. sorry for my terrible english=(

The GR07 sounds fantastic with my Sansa Clip Zip - doesn't get much lower end than an $40 player.

post #655 of 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyonya View Post

The GR07 sounds fantastic with my Sansa Clip Zip - doesn't get much lower end than an $40 player.

 

Agree. It's a great combination. And like others in this thread, my GR07's are currently the IEM in my ears the most. They work well with pretty much every genre of music.

post #656 of 981

Still Loving these also. Experimenting with Tips, and insertion depths open up a slew of fun doors

post #657 of 981

azathoth, wondering if you have had a chance to further analyze the GR07 Bass vs. mk II.  I'm considering Vsonic for my next purchase, and want to get further info before pulling the trigger.  The OP mentioned a little compromise in the treble for the Bass edition - have you sensed the same?

post #658 of 981

sorry - I was actually referring to the OP on the GR07 Bass impressions thread.

post #659 of 981

tired of waiting for kiteki's review on these! 

post #660 of 981

That was the main point of creating one more thread about GR07, right?

I don't believe we will ever see this review

Quote:
Originally Posted by turgid View Post

tired of waiting for kiteki's review on these! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post