Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post - Page 36

post #526 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post


How so?

I just remember the bass of the original GR07 to have more impact and volume. The Mk2 sounds nice but just doesn't seem to have the same bass. The fun thing is I get to hear my actual original GR07 because a colleague at work bought them from me so I get to find out if this is placebo or real. But I may wait until the following week before doing this to ensure my Mk2 has at least 100 hours of burnin plus use before doing the test.

post #527 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


It's the cable eke. Have you much experience with upgrade cables? For what it's worth they alter the sound in very positive ways.
My TF10 Dark Lord cable is also a good example of this.
Here's the conversation I had with my MK2 seller.
I should add the seller sonicaudio runs a hIfi business in Shanghai.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYmpzLoSOVuP_1LyOlS5FmE0PknYQlS3FzA7VvenmHeZYZ6Odp3C1RCoZW

 

 

Could a simple cable really uncap the driver to such an extent? I wish you could get your hands on an MKI, H2O. The issue I talked about was really one of my biggest frustrations with the GR07. It was generally attributed to a weaker magnet/motor used to move the diaphragm.

post #528 of 974

Dweaver, try this track and let me know if you still think it lacks impact. Ignore the gyrating men:

 

post #529 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

I just remember the bass of the original GR07 to have more impact and volume. The Mk2 sounds nice but just doesn't seem to have the same bass. The fun thing is I get to hear my actual original GR07 because a colleague at work bought them from me so I get to find out if this is placebo or real. But I may wait until the following week before doing this to ensure my Mk2 has at least 100 hours of burnin plus use before doing the test.

 

 

Let us know how the comparison goes.

post #530 of 974

OK aside from having to ban my son from Head-fi so he doesn't listen to the lyrics (LOL) the sub bass on that did come through loud and clear. Maybe it's a slight change in the mid-bass I am hearing or... maybe I just got used to a bit more mid-bass with my other headphones and gear. Anyway I will do a direct A/B test soon enough which will satisfy my curiosity.

post #531 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYmpzLoSOVuP_1LyOlS5FmE0PknYQlS3FzA7VvenmHeZYZ6Odp3C1RCoZW


Could a simple cable really uncap the driver to such an extent? I wish you could get your hands on an MKI, H2O. The issue I talked about was really one of my biggest frustrations with the GR07. It was generally attributed to a weaker magnet/motor used to move the diaphragm.

I don't know for sure, redface.gif I know cables change how much volume, resistance, handling capability's caused in a signal, possibly less distortion? Remember about a month ago in the main GR07 thread I was saying I can't believe how loud they go without distortion? Now you know what I mean cool.gif

There's a member here I can possibly get the first version off.

Now you know what I mean cool.gif

Maybe dweaver, could do some comparing also with his work mates first pair. smile.gif
Edited by H20Fidelity - 9/9/12 at 6:06pm
post #532 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I don't know for sure, redface.gif I know cables change how much volume, resistance, handling capability's caused in a signal, possibly less distortion? Remember about a month ago in the main GR07 thread I was saying I can't believe how loud they go without distortion? Now you know what I mean cool.gif

There's a member here I can possibly get the first version off.
Now you know what I mean cool.gif
Maybe dweaver, could do some comparing also with his work mates first pair. smile.gif

 

I fully believe that cables change the sound, so I can take your word for it.

 

By the way, seeing how much you like the TF10, I think you fall out of your chair for the JVC FXD80. Here's what I wrote about them:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

About a year ago, I bought the TF10 from Amazon's black friday sale. It was one of the bigger disappointments I've had, even on my second occasion hearing them. 

 

The FXD80 is what I feel the TF10 should have been. While the mids are slightly recessed, the detail and clarity more than makes up for it. I can hear deeper into the recording than with most iems I've tried. It's a little on the thin side, but the bass response makes up for it. As for the bass, it goes deeper and is louder down there than what the TF10 can produce. The treble is great too, and very extended. It has plenty of 'sparkle,' while being refined enough to never become harsh.

 

This is one of the rare times that I disagree with joker. These deserve at least a 9 on his scale.

 

If anyone wants a more refined and extended TF10, with a dynamic driver twist and MUCH better build quality at nearly half the price, this is it.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

OK aside from having to ban my son from Head-fi so he doesn't listen to the lyrics (LOL) the sub bass on that did come through loud and clear. Maybe it's a slight change in the mid-bass I am hearing or... maybe I just got used to a bit more mid-bass with my other headphones and gear. Anyway I will do a direct A/B test soon enough which will satisfy my curiosity.

 

I probably should have warned you first :)

 

I'm finding that these are very track dependent, especially when it comes to bass response. 

post #533 of 974
I would love to try them eke, though my adventures have come to end for now......Until GRO8 that is. smile.gif

I'm pretty much stable with everything I own right now. They give a nice variety.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 9/9/12 at 11:27pm
post #534 of 974

How do the UE700 compare to the GR07? the most important thing is how is the build? 

post #535 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I would love to try them eke, though my adventures have come to end for now......Until GRO8 that is. smile.gif
I'm pretty much stable with everything I own right now. They give a nice variety.

 

 

Let's see how that goes... biggrin.gif

post #536 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post


Let's see how that goes... biggrin.gif

post #537 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

I fully believe that cables change the sound, so I can take your word for it.

 

By the way, seeing how much you like the TF10, I think you fall out of your chair for the JVC FXD80. Here's what I wrote about them:

 

 

 

 

 

How do you like the JVC against the GR07?  I know they are pretty different, but since my HJE 900 broke down I need a great dynamic universal with clear mids and punchy bass.

post #538 of 974

How do I use this articulating nozzle to get a good seal?  I feel like it's difficult x2 because not only does the nozzle move but there is no airtight seal so I have no idea if I'm doing it right and the Sensaphonics seal test is not working as the link seems to be broken.


Edited by Cassadian - 9/10/12 at 2:37pm
post #539 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinquito View Post

How do you like the JVC against the GR07?  I know they are pretty different, but since my HJE 900 broke down I need a great dynamic universal with clear mids and punchy bass.

 

 

They're different enough for me to like them almost equally. From what I've read about the HJE900, the FXD80 should be more up your alley.

post #540 of 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

 

They're different enough for me to like them almost equally. From what I've read about the HJE900, the FXD80 should be more up your alley.

I see that you also owned the  FTX 90, how do they compared to the other two ( FXD 80 and the GR07)  and finally why did you sold them?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post