Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post - Page 24

post #346 of 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

What that EQing adds detail timbre etc. If you say so.

 

On second look, I can see that maybe I didn't provide enough context for you. Read the first few paragraphs of the sound section of my 1.0 review: http://www.head-fi.org/t/604547/review-aurisonics-asg-1-diamond-in-the-rough-rev-1-2-update-added

post #347 of 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzjin View Post

I also don't really get a "seal" feeling. I just push it directly into my ear canal.

Same thing happens for me I don't get that seal feeling even with the largest silicon tips. I've experimented applying a little pressure and it changes the sound but I prefer it how they sit naturally.
post #348 of 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

Got 50 hours on these, not very impressed with it compared to TDK BA200 and Brainwavz B2 so far..

Maybe it has to do with the synergy of the source, my b2 sounds decidely better on my SGS2 than my HJE900, but on my pc the HJE sounds better. I know its not the same but it could be.

post #349 of 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinquito View Post

Maybe it has to do with the synergy of the source, my b2 sounds decidely better on my SGS2 than my HJE900, but on my pc the HJE sounds better. I know its not the same but it could be.

Good source is very important, it can make or break an IEM. You can hear changes between them as do I and am sure many others as well. I can hear a huge difference between an ipod and my Cowon players, E10 and USB sound cards, to be honest the ipods are down right awful even rockboxed IMO (not so much touches) Clip+ is probably one of the best all round sources you can buy. My GRO7 sound their best through either S9 or E10, with very slight EQ on the high end "very slight" and surprisingly the Clip+ though it doesn't have great bass detail compared and is noticeably brighter.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 8/7/12 at 10:45pm
post #350 of 981

You should hear the Sony A864/A865. It blows the Clip+ out of the water ; )
 

post #351 of 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

You should hear the Sony A864/A865. It blows the Clip+ out of the water ; )

 

Sony make some good high end DAP's, I would like to try them sometime however, I would need to hear them before I'd consider buying one as they're quite expensive. But I'm sure for the price there are rewards. I'm guessing your Sony A864/A865 has clear bass? The Cowon S9 bass is really superb when using Mach3bass providing great detail especvially with GRO7 but really any IEM, providing it has technical ability.. I've tried clear bass on a Sony NWZ-A828, and was mighty impressed. The only reason I sold it was because of the volume cap. I find it hard to call a player complete with the volume caps. (Cowon S9 can be bypassed by changing the region)
Edited by H20Fidelity - 8/8/12 at 1:30am
post #352 of 981

The biggest problem about Sony DAP's is that most of them don't have line out, and the on ones which have it, apparently it's not "true" line out. So, to use with dedicated external amps, it's a fail point. Obviously, that doesn't mean they won't sound great from their internal amp... wink.gif

post #353 of 981
I agree with H20, I also use GR07 with E10 and really like the result
Edited by X i l i X - 8/8/12 at 10:01pm
post #354 of 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post

Yeah, that's the GR08.  It's slated to come out in October (it was delayed so they could implement replaceable cables).

very nice ! thank you, it's good to know that they're in the works. should be exciting to see/hear how they turn out
post #355 of 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Sony make some good high end DAP's, I would like to try them sometime however, I would need to hear them before I'd consider buying one as they're quite expensive. But I'm sure for the price there are rewards. I'm guessing your Sony A864/A865 has clear bass? The Cowon S9 bass is really superb when using Mach3bass providing great detail especvially with GRO7 but really any IEM, providing it has technical ability.. I've tried clear bass on a Sony NWZ-A828, and was mighty impressed. The only reason I sold it was because of the volume cap. I find it hard to call a player complete with the volume caps. (Cowon S9 can be bypassed by changing the region)

 

Yes, it has Clear Bass and it makes a difference. However no more than +1 or it muffles some micro-detail. The difference between the A865 and the Clip+ is how real and impactful the snare drums sound like as well as everything else. The Sony sounds more like Hi-Fi, whereas the Clip+ sounds just like a PMP. After listening to the A865 for 3 weeks or so and then the Clip+, I have noticed such a difference that I can't listen to the Clip+ anymore. I don't have any problem with the volume cap as I use an amp. And the A864 is now costing just 99€. So cheap for what it offers (if 8GB is suffficient for you).

post #356 of 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

Yes, it has Clear Bass and it makes a difference. However no more than +1 or it muffles some micro-detail. The difference between the A865 and the Clip+ is how real and impactful the snare drums sound like as well as everything else. The Sony sounds more like Hi-Fi, whereas the Clip+ sounds just like a PMP. After listening to the A865 for 3 weeks or so and then the Clip+, I have noticed such a difference that I can't listen to the Clip+ anymore. I don't have any problem with the volume cap as I use an amp. And the A864 is now costing just 99€. So cheap for what it offers (if 8GB is suffficient for you).

The Cowon S9 also covers some micro detail using Mach3bass, it's fairly clear up to 5/10 though. Really depends on the IEM's bass response too how much so. It's the same thing for me with the Clip - Clip+ plays music basically all muddled together, Cowons a music player. The Clip+ can't bring separation and natural tone higher ends can. I still think the Clip is very impressive for the money though paired with GRO7. I'd require 32GB, I can't handle low storage anymore, not with all my Britney Spears singles. I haven't been amping most recently unless going through the Fiio E10 which is pretty impressive for the money too with GRO7!
Edited by H20Fidelity - 8/9/12 at 5:01am
post #357 of 981

If anyone is curious about another signature I have a HiFiMan RE-262 I could trade for a GR07.

 http://www.head-fi.org/t/621630/re-262-and-ckm500-looking-for-gr07-and-fxd80

post #358 of 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

100x100px-LS-16ed29df_IMAG0006.jpeg

 

i have original GR07 and love them, but since i have very few headphones / IEMs i will probably try something different for my next pair. i was considering JVC HA-FXT90 for awhile, then i found out about the FXD80 which seem better designed although i was interested in the dual-drivers on FXT90. i was wondering what's your expert opinion in the comparison of those JVCs.

 

i've been really interested in nanotechnology for awhile, so it's really cool to see headphones that are implementing it.

 

thanks !i

 


 

Hi X i l i X,

 

Whenever I quote your post I get a blank screen for some reason, so I'm answering like this.

 

I think I read your listening impressions on the GR07 once which made me curious about them.

 

I have only listened to the FXT90 and FXD80 for ~25 minutes each, but the FXD80 left me more impressed, and made me feel like comparing it to the CK10 etc.

 

 

Let's start with build quality to get that out of the way.  The FXT90 is two pieces of plastic glued together, the demo unit I used, they were actually falling apart.  The FXD80 on the other hand, is possibly the best constructed IEM I've ever seen, it's a cylinder of chiseled stainless steel with a good strain relief and feels nice in the hand.

 

In sound, the FXT90 commits little error and sounds nice, I liked it with rock music and the VestAmp a lot, I was brought back to earth when trying the JH11 and FI-BA-SS shortly afterwards, which excel it in realism, presentation, tone, dynamics etc.  Still it's quite even and detailed sounding, the only apparent fault was some hardness and glare in the highs at times, like with certain vocals.

 

The FXD80 had unreal stereo imaging and very nice clarity, it didn't have any hardness or glare like the FXT90, on the other hand it has a decent sized spike at 10kHz which some may find offensive, you can check with an equalizer.

 

Don't be tricked by the model numbers and lower price, the FXD80 is the 'flagship' IEM from JVC right now.  I compared it directly to my JVC FX500 which I think is the less interesting IEM, still I need to listen to my -now arrived- FXD80 to listen closer, and wait until new-toy-effect is no longer a deviant, which will take a few weeks.

kiteki,

 

thank you very much for this detailed comparison of these IEMs.  based on this i can definitely say i will go for the FXD80 if i am to going to grab a new pair of IEMs any time soon.  i am really interested in hearing what kind of sound CNT diaphragms produces and after you mention the build and soundstage of FXD80 that does it for me.  much of what i listen to probably sounds like a sci-fi movie to most people, so good a soundstage is key and i actually like a little boost in the highs for the neuronal effect so the 10 kHz spike is fine for me

 

feel free to let me know how your impression of the FXD80 develops, but as it is i bet they sound great. and thanks again for the detailed lo-down on these IEMs

post #359 of 981

If soundstage & imaging matter to you.. the FXD80 will NOT disappoint.  those two aspects, among many others, are truly remarkable.

post #360 of 981

Can anyone recommend an authorized dealer/ebay seller?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post