- 5,230 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Kalundborg, Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- usb DAC/Headphone Amp Last post on 1/27/11 at 7:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out Last post on 5/1/14 at 9:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a Portable Headphone Amp Last post on 7/29/10 at 1:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need a USB DAC Last post on 7/27/10 at 2:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp - Page 60
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have that kind of a long relationship with KS so it could be an unconciousness worry about this relationship breaking up. That thought bothered me a little, I think now it's gone
I wish my DF didn't hum when connected to an amp...
To make sure i'm not being dumb, it is simply a case of putting the Windows volume up to max to activate the line out mode, yes?
Yes i know this is a portable unit. But if we compare sound quality? So it is not better than Xonar Essence series or Sound blaster Z series?
Significantly better. Air, bloom, texture. I bought the DF for portable use. For desktop, I usually use the Bifrost into Valhalla. For no good reason, I switched to DF into Valhalla and listened to it while doing other things, then found I kept stopping and listening to whole albums. Not scientific, but always a good sign. So I'm thinking the DF is OK as a portable amp but way better than OK as a dac.
+1 on this...Great value for the DAC portion...
Is Dragonfly comparable to Xonar, Auzentech X-Fi Forte/Prelude, Sound Blaster Z? Is sound on same level or are hi-fi soundcards better?
I have the Dragonfly and Xonar Essence STX in my possession and have heard the Auzentech's X-fi Forte and at a friend's house.
The dragonfly is on par if not better than the Essence STX. The Auzentech's Forte is not as good as the the STX or dragonfly.
Your particular headphone model will determine which source sounds better.
My AKG K702 sounds better on the STX whereas my Sennheiser HD600 sounds better on the Dragonfly. It's all about the synergy!
I love my little DRAGONFLY....
so I spent some time listening to NORAH JONES
comparing 24/96 to REDBOOK. And YES, there is
a difference, but not thaaaaat much to where I would
want to use the extra disk space to store Hi-Res audio.
Again, YES there was a DIFFERENCE (her voice
sounded fuller and closer to the mic, I could hear a
little more texture on instruments). But REALLY???
Do I want to spend more money on hi-res music
and worry about switching to the right settings, blah blah blah
it makes me think of watching a 3-D movie.... it's kinna cool
at first, but after about 20 minutes it's just a hassle.
DRAGONFLY = great quality product
HI RES MUSIC = gimmick
Edited by LAmitchell - 12/25/12 at 9:04am
I am new to the whole audiophile world but I have to say I am extremely pleased with mine. When my long time audiophile dad listened it through my HD25-II's he was blown away. I am hearing things in tracks that I never heard before. Even Spotify has greatly improved. Amazing!
Just in case people were wondering: to get the colors changing correctly in Windows you need to be using WASAPI (Wouldn't work until I set it to 24 bit)/Kernel Streaming/etc. Otherwise Windows will upscale to the quality you set it to and the color will be stuck there because it doesn't know better.
(Edit) Does anyone know what the buffer length in foobar does?
Edited by gidgiddonihah - 12/25/12 at 2:30pm
- AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Red Hook Meet July 30, 2016 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › My Schiit Bifrost Multibit has no bits 2 minutes ago
- › ATH-m50x VS Fostex T50RP MK3 + Question about DAC. 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...