- 4,816 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Kalundborg, Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- usb DAC/Headphone Amp Last post on 1/27/11 at 7:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out Last post on 5/1/14 at 9:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a Portable Headphone Amp Last post on 7/29/10 at 1:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need a USB DAC Last post on 7/27/10 at 2:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp - Page 58
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For me sample rate switches automatically in foobar (44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96) but I'm on Win7-64, don't know it that makes any difference. I use WASAPI (push) and the latest version has fixed the problem where the buffer had to be set to the minimum so I now run with a buffer of 3380 ms. If I play 176.4 or 192 I have to use the sample rate converter and downsample to 88.2 or 96 as the Dragonfly don't support >96
Got some ratling and few soundproblems with wasapi (push), and KS. Wasapi (event) seems to be sounding smooth. And yes, i'm runing windows 8.
Edited by Whippler - 12/18/12 at 1:56am
I think it has been mentioned that it draws too much power to work with smartphones and tablets. 2 new versions are in the works for 2013 for use with Android and Apple devices.
I'm sure it didn't do that for me but I'll have to check again when next I'm home as I don't have any >96 music on my pc's local drive.
Interestingly the Dragonfly is picked up by my Note 2, can confirm that as speaker audio is disabled, but it does quirky things - no audio, and playback is at 2x speed... consider it a loss for that...
However, I have to say, only a few minutes of use in (only unpacked it a few moments ago) that this really is Impressing me! - is driving my AKG Q701s nicely...
...Now to find a 6.5 to 3.5mm adapter to try the HD800s ;o)
..Now to find a 6.5 to 3.5mm adapter to try the HD800s ;o)
Dragonfly is able to drive the HD800 to quite adequate volume, but it obviously falls short compare to even moderate priced headphone amps designed for full size headphone such as the Headamp GLite.
Yes, I did think that'd probably be the case (only so much oomph you can squeeze out of a small package!) - I may try the DF in line out 'mode', and connect to my Burson - just to see if it is the amp, or the DAC section of the Burson that makes the HD800s sound thin [in my opinion of course]...
...I hope that the new product line isn't too low powered (seeing that we're going from a 500ma bus to a 150ma one...)
...Either way I think i'll be signing myself up ;o)
Having looked on the Audioquest website, I can't find any reference o the Dragonfly having an amp function?
This combination indicates there is an amp. In fact, if you would read what has been written here, or on the website, one of the import features is that the "volume control" under OSX (maybe windows, I haven't paid attention) works in the analog rather than the digital domain when playing through the dragonfly which is a good thing.
The DF amp is 150mW out @ ~=12ohms, 2.0VRMS
- AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 seconds ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 32 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 39 seconds ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › My Takstar Hi2050s feel uncomfortable -- any help? 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › please help me decide buy an earphone 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)