- 5,155 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Kalundborg, Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- usb DAC/Headphone Amp Last post on 1/27/11 at 7:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out Last post on 5/1/14 at 9:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a Portable Headphone Amp Last post on 7/29/10 at 1:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need a USB DAC Last post on 7/27/10 at 2:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
Introduction Bluetooth audio has come a long way. It used to be the playground of niche audio brands like Jabra and Plantronics, but when the big boys like Sennheiser got into the mix, things got...
I spent a week with the OPPO PM-3 through the head-fi loaner program, and got the chance to try them out on a variety of pieces. 99% of my headphone listening is classical music of one type or...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp - Page 58
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For me sample rate switches automatically in foobar (44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96) but I'm on Win7-64, don't know it that makes any difference. I use WASAPI (push) and the latest version has fixed the problem where the buffer had to be set to the minimum so I now run with a buffer of 3380 ms. If I play 176.4 or 192 I have to use the sample rate converter and downsample to 88.2 or 96 as the Dragonfly don't support >96
Got some ratling and few soundproblems with wasapi (push), and KS. Wasapi (event) seems to be sounding smooth. And yes, i'm runing windows 8.
Edited by Whippler - 12/18/12 at 1:56am
I think it has been mentioned that it draws too much power to work with smartphones and tablets. 2 new versions are in the works for 2013 for use with Android and Apple devices.
I'm sure it didn't do that for me but I'll have to check again when next I'm home as I don't have any >96 music on my pc's local drive.
Interestingly the Dragonfly is picked up by my Note 2, can confirm that as speaker audio is disabled, but it does quirky things - no audio, and playback is at 2x speed... consider it a loss for that...
However, I have to say, only a few minutes of use in (only unpacked it a few moments ago) that this really is Impressing me! - is driving my AKG Q701s nicely...
...Now to find a 6.5 to 3.5mm adapter to try the HD800s ;o)
..Now to find a 6.5 to 3.5mm adapter to try the HD800s ;o)
Dragonfly is able to drive the HD800 to quite adequate volume, but it obviously falls short compare to even moderate priced headphone amps designed for full size headphone such as the Headamp GLite.
Yes, I did think that'd probably be the case (only so much oomph you can squeeze out of a small package!) - I may try the DF in line out 'mode', and connect to my Burson - just to see if it is the amp, or the DAC section of the Burson that makes the HD800s sound thin [in my opinion of course]...
...I hope that the new product line isn't too low powered (seeing that we're going from a 500ma bus to a 150ma one...)
...Either way I think i'll be signing myself up ;o)
Having looked on the Audioquest website, I can't find any reference o the Dragonfly having an amp function?
This combination indicates there is an amp. In fact, if you would read what has been written here, or on the website, one of the import features is that the "volume control" under OSX (maybe windows, I haven't paid attention) works in the analog rather than the digital domain when playing through the dragonfly which is a good thing.
The DF amp is 150mW out @ ~=12ohms, 2.0VRMS
- AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 25 seconds ago
- › AKG N20 iem 33 seconds ago
- › fidelio x2 vs dt990 pro 250 ohm 45 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015... 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-AS800AP Splashproof Sporty In-Earphone - Black... by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by ezekiel77
- › OPPO PM-3 by gardibolt
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...