- 5,253 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Kalundborg, Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- usb DAC/Headphone Amp Last post on 1/27/11 at 7:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out Last post on 5/1/14 at 9:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a Portable Headphone Amp Last post on 7/29/10 at 1:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need a USB DAC Last post on 7/27/10 at 2:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp - Page 58
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For me sample rate switches automatically in foobar (44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96) but I'm on Win7-64, don't know it that makes any difference. I use WASAPI (push) and the latest version has fixed the problem where the buffer had to be set to the minimum so I now run with a buffer of 3380 ms. If I play 176.4 or 192 I have to use the sample rate converter and downsample to 88.2 or 96 as the Dragonfly don't support >96
Got some ratling and few soundproblems with wasapi (push), and KS. Wasapi (event) seems to be sounding smooth. And yes, i'm runing windows 8.
Edited by Whippler - 12/18/12 at 1:56am
I think it has been mentioned that it draws too much power to work with smartphones and tablets. 2 new versions are in the works for 2013 for use with Android and Apple devices.
I'm sure it didn't do that for me but I'll have to check again when next I'm home as I don't have any >96 music on my pc's local drive.
Interestingly the Dragonfly is picked up by my Note 2, can confirm that as speaker audio is disabled, but it does quirky things - no audio, and playback is at 2x speed... consider it a loss for that...
However, I have to say, only a few minutes of use in (only unpacked it a few moments ago) that this really is Impressing me! - is driving my AKG Q701s nicely...
...Now to find a 6.5 to 3.5mm adapter to try the HD800s ;o)
..Now to find a 6.5 to 3.5mm adapter to try the HD800s ;o)
Dragonfly is able to drive the HD800 to quite adequate volume, but it obviously falls short compare to even moderate priced headphone amps designed for full size headphone such as the Headamp GLite.
Yes, I did think that'd probably be the case (only so much oomph you can squeeze out of a small package!) - I may try the DF in line out 'mode', and connect to my Burson - just to see if it is the amp, or the DAC section of the Burson that makes the HD800s sound thin [in my opinion of course]...
...I hope that the new product line isn't too low powered (seeing that we're going from a 500ma bus to a 150ma one...)
...Either way I think i'll be signing myself up ;o)
Having looked on the Audioquest website, I can't find any reference o the Dragonfly having an amp function?
This combination indicates there is an amp. In fact, if you would read what has been written here, or on the website, one of the import features is that the "volume control" under OSX (maybe windows, I haven't paid attention) works in the analog rather than the digital domain when playing through the dragonfly which is a good thing.
The DF amp is 150mW out @ ~=12ohms, 2.0VRMS
- AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 37 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-5 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Headphone and Amp are you listening to right now? 4 minutes ago
- › Desperately looking for DAP with dual microSD and that can be used... 5 minutes ago
- › Seahorse Carry Case 5 minutes ago
- › Denver summer meet, 2016 - August 27 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 10 minutes ago
- › Impressions of the Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend... 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...