- 5,456 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Kalundborg, Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- usb DAC/Headphone Amp Last post on 1/27/11 at 7:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out Last post on 5/1/14 at 9:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a Portable Headphone Amp Last post on 7/29/10 at 1:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need a USB DAC Last post on 7/27/10 at 2:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp - Page 58post #856 of 248312/16/12 at 8:40pmYou find $250 to be expensive for a good dac and headphone amp ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #857 of 248312/17/12 at 1:03amSo any guide how to make the sample rate switch automatically with foobar? I'm running this of windows 8, seems to work fine when its connected. Tough right after connecting it to windows 8 pc there is some clicking, but it goes away fast.post #858 of 248312/17/12 at 3:59am
For me sample rate switches automatically in foobar (44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96) but I'm on Win7-64, don't know it that makes any difference. I use WASAPI (push) and the latest version has fixed the problem where the buffer had to be set to the minimum so I now run with a buffer of 3380 ms. If I play 176.4 or 192 I have to use the sample rate converter and downsample to 88.2 or 96 as the Dragonfly don't support >96post #859 of 248312/17/12 at 4:07ampost #860 of 248312/17/12 at 9:34pmCould have missed this in the thread, but can anyone advise me on the power consumption of the Dragonfly, especially connected to a portable device such as mobile phone? Just curious if it would seriously shortened battery life, thanks.post #861 of 248312/18/12 at 1:10amI got the sampling rate swithing to work, tried multiple output options in foobar, wasapi(push), and (event). KS, ASIO4ALL, where i couldnt select dragonfly as my audio divice for some reason.
Got some ratling and few soundproblems with wasapi (push), and KS. Wasapi (event) seems to be sounding smooth. And yes, i'm runing windows 8.Quote:Dragonfly should downsample 192 on its own, @least that's what it says on the box.
Edited by Whippler - 12/18/12 at 1:56ampost #862 of 248312/18/12 at 4:52amQuote:
I think it has been mentioned that it draws too much power to work with smartphones and tablets. 2 new versions are in the works for 2013 for use with Android and Apple devices.Quote:
I'm sure it didn't do that for me but I'll have to check again when next I'm home as I don't have any >96 music on my pc's local drive.post #863 of 248312/18/12 at 12:55pm
Interestingly the Dragonfly is picked up by my Note 2, can confirm that as speaker audio is disabled, but it does quirky things - no audio, and playback is at 2x speed... consider it a loss for that...
However, I have to say, only a few minutes of use in (only unpacked it a few moments ago) that this really is Impressing me! - is driving my AKG Q701s nicely...
...Now to find a 6.5 to 3.5mm adapter to try the HD800s ;o)post #864 of 248312/18/12 at 6:00pmQuote:
..Now to find a 6.5 to 3.5mm adapter to try the HD800s ;o)
Dragonfly is able to drive the HD800 to quite adequate volume, but it obviously falls short compare to even moderate priced headphone amps designed for full size headphone such as the Headamp GLite.
--markpost #865 of 248312/18/12 at 9:18pmpost #866 of 248312/19/12 at 12:41am
Yes, I did think that'd probably be the case (only so much oomph you can squeeze out of a small package!) - I may try the DF in line out 'mode', and connect to my Burson - just to see if it is the amp, or the DAC section of the Burson that makes the HD800s sound thin [in my opinion of course]...
...I hope that the new product line isn't too low powered (seeing that we're going from a 500ma bus to a 150ma one...)
...Either way I think i'll be signing myself up ;o)post #867 of 248312/19/12 at 4:16pmQuote:
Having looked on the Audioquest website, I can't find any reference o the Dragonfly having an amp function?post #868 of 248312/19/12 at 4:44pmQuote:
This combination indicates there is an amp. In fact, if you would read what has been written here, or on the website, one of the import features is that the "volume control" under OSX (maybe windows, I haven't paid attention) works in the analog rather than the digital domain when playing through the dragonfly which is a good thing.
--Markpost #869 of 248312/19/12 at 6:06pmQuote:
The DF amp is 150mW out @ ~=12ohms, 2.0VRMS
- AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 25 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 4 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750 vs DUNU DN-1000 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 6 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 6 minutes ago
- › Micro-Driver Madness!! (AAW Q and BYZ K17 added) 6 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear