its an awesome product but i'd hate to think of the wear and tear on the USB port from its physical design
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- usb DAC/Headphone Amp Last post on 1/27/11 at 7:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out Last post on 5/1/14 at 9:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a Portable Headphone Amp Last post on 7/29/10 at 1:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need a USB DAC Last post on 7/27/10 at 2:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp - Page 53post #781 of 248110/28/12 at 2:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #782 of 248110/28/12 at 4:37amQuote:
I will never claim to have the golden ears others do around here. After several months with the DF I have not heard what is described as a congested delivery. I was listening to a variety of Mozart concerto's and symphonies yesterday. Pretty complex, lots of nuance and plenty of action all over the orchestra. I could pick out details as I wanted. So maybe I am not understanding what the other posters meant, but it sure sounds good to me.post #783 of 248110/29/12 at 8:26pmpost #784 of 248110/29/12 at 8:31pmpost #785 of 248110/30/12 at 12:14ampost #786 of 248110/30/12 at 7:53pmpost #787 of 248111/5/12 at 8:54ampost #788 of 248111/5/12 at 9:33amQuote:post #789 of 248111/5/12 at 9:56amQuote:
This is why you leave it plugged into an extension cable.post #790 of 248111/6/12 at 5:35pmQuote:
I had the same issue with Bitperfect if you have a Mac you have to manually change the change the sound preferences and Midi over to Dragonfly output.post #791 of 248111/12/12 at 6:59ampost #792 of 248111/12/12 at 9:21amQuote:
Drives the HE-400 well but the HE-500 might be a different story as it requires more amp.post #793 of 248111/12/12 at 7:07pm
IMO, the HE-500 needs more juice than the DF can provide to be driven well. I haven't heard the HE-400, so I can't comment.
However, the DF drives the HD650s very well. Surprisingly well.
post #794 of 248111/12/12 at 7:46pmpost #795 of 248111/12/12 at 11:47pm
I have listened to the dragonfly with a friend's he-500 for a bit. I have also had a fair amount of time with my hd800 as well as a number of other headphones and some IEMs. The dragonfly could drive all the headphones I tried. The IEMs sounds fine... I didn't notice the SQ improve by running the dragonfly into an amplifier, but I don't think the dragonfly didn't do a justice to either the he-500 or the hd800. Adding a headamp gilmore lite to the chain made a significant improvement in the sound quality. Better dynamic range, tighter and more base, more open sound stage. Pretty must across the board improvement.
Edited by verber - 11/12/12 at 11:48pm
- AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › DDC - Digital USB interfaces - Xmos or Amanero Combo384 based -... 30 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 1 minute ago
- › My AKG comparison K7XX, K712, 65th Annies and the rest! to stop... 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Annoying hiss through 3.5mm jack 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 6 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear