its an awesome product but i'd hate to think of the wear and tear on the USB port from its physical design
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 10/6/12 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- usb DAC/Headphone Amp Last post on 1/27/11 at 7:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out Last post on 5/1/14 at 9:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a Portable Headphone Amp Last post on 7/29/10 at 1:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need a USB DAC Last post on 7/27/10 at 2:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp - Page 53
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I will never claim to have the golden ears others do around here. After several months with the DF I have not heard what is described as a congested delivery. I was listening to a variety of Mozart concerto's and symphonies yesterday. Pretty complex, lots of nuance and plenty of action all over the orchestra. I could pick out details as I wanted. So maybe I am not understanding what the other posters meant, but it sure sounds good to me.
This is why you leave it plugged into an extension cable.
I had the same issue with Bitperfect if you have a Mac you have to manually change the change the sound preferences and Midi over to Dragonfly output.
Drives the HE-400 well but the HE-500 might be a different story as it requires more amp.
IMO, the HE-500 needs more juice than the DF can provide to be driven well. I haven't heard the HE-400, so I can't comment.
However, the DF drives the HD650s very well. Surprisingly well.
I have listened to the dragonfly with a friend's he-500 for a bit. I have also had a fair amount of time with my hd800 as well as a number of other headphones and some IEMs. The dragonfly could drive all the headphones I tried. The IEMs sounds fine... I didn't notice the SQ improve by running the dragonfly into an amplifier, but I don't think the dragonfly didn't do a justice to either the he-500 or the hd800. Adding a headamp gilmore lite to the chain made a significant improvement in the sound quality. Better dynamic range, tighter and more base, more open sound stage. Pretty must across the board improvement.
Edited by verber - 11/12/12 at 11:48pm
- AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 37 seconds ago
- › Destiny 2 minutes ago
- › 150 dollar headphones that don't look too bad? 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- ONLY 12 HOURS AWAY!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.8.0 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2