its an awesome product but i'd hate to think of the wear and tear on the USB port from its physical design
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 10/6/12 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- usb DAC/Headphone Amp Last post on 1/27/11 at 7:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out Last post on 5/1/14 at 9:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a Portable Headphone Amp Last post on 7/29/10 at 1:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need a USB DAC Last post on 7/27/10 at 2:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share if it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp - Page 53
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I will never claim to have the golden ears others do around here. After several months with the DF I have not heard what is described as a congested delivery. I was listening to a variety of Mozart concerto's and symphonies yesterday. Pretty complex, lots of nuance and plenty of action all over the orchestra. I could pick out details as I wanted. So maybe I am not understanding what the other posters meant, but it sure sounds good to me.
This is why you leave it plugged into an extension cable.
I had the same issue with Bitperfect if you have a Mac you have to manually change the change the sound preferences and Midi over to Dragonfly output.
Drives the HE-400 well but the HE-500 might be a different story as it requires more amp.
IMO, the HE-500 needs more juice than the DF can provide to be driven well. I haven't heard the HE-400, so I can't comment.
However, the DF drives the HD650s very well. Surprisingly well.
I have listened to the dragonfly with a friend's he-500 for a bit. I have also had a fair amount of time with my hd800 as well as a number of other headphones and some IEMs. The dragonfly could drive all the headphones I tried. The IEMs sounds fine... I didn't notice the SQ improve by running the dragonfly into an amplifier, but I don't think the dragonfly didn't do a justice to either the he-500 or the hd800. Adding a headamp gilmore lite to the chain made a significant improvement in the sound quality. Better dynamic range, tighter and more base, more open sound stage. Pretty must across the board improvement.
Edited by verber - 11/12/12 at 11:48pm
- AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 35 seconds ago
- › How to clean Headphones Velours 38 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 52 seconds ago
- › PRESS RELEASE: Sennheiser at IFA 2014 - The Future of Audio 2 minutes ago
- › The Ear Pads Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 3 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)