Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 10/6/12 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- usb DAC/Headphone Amp Last post on 1/27/11 at 7:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out Last post on 5/1/14 at 9:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a Portable Headphone Amp Last post on 7/29/10 at 1:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need a USB DAC Last post on 7/27/10 at 2:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/10/14
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp - Page 48
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not sure about Grado dealers there, you could try phoning around to the local Hi-Fi shops. There's also what looks to be the Canadian Grado distributor and Headphone Bar in BC who carry Grado. If none of those work, as mentioned there's eBay or I'm sure you could probably pick one via one of the sponsors like Todd The Vinyl Junkie.
So I received mine yesterday and love it. I have been using it almost non-stop and it pairs wonderfully with the ie 80s - great clarity and quality throughout the sound spectrum. However, one thing concerns me about the DAC for the long term. When I plug the DF into a USB 2.0 port it works perfectly. However, when I plug it into a USB 3.0 port it doesn't get recognized. I've tried this on two separate notebooks with the same result. Both are running Windows 7 64 bit. Anyone have any ideas?
Also, did anyone figure out if this can be used with a Galaxy S III?
Edited by devilsadvocate - 9/26/12 at 12:44pm
Well, we will soon find out. I just ordered the cable, so I will update everyone in this thread.
In other news, I did a bit of research with regards to issues with USB 3.0 and came across this: http://createdigitalmusic.com/2012/06/usb-3-0-backwards-compatible-in-theory-but-some-audio-drivers-arent-cooperating/
It appears the DF is falling victim to this, which is concerning me as at some point USB 2.0 will get discontinued. As I just spent $250, I would hate to think that it may be useless on my next laptop.
The problem I see is the DF relies on getting its power from the USB port so unless the S3 is sporting a powered USB port I would imagine this would be a no go.
Great combo. They image like crazy with the DF!
Stereophile's review of the Dragonfly is up:
Overall a very positive review.
One interesting observation is the fact that there are two versions of the DF with slightly different volume control configuration.
The first or early version clips the output after the 60th step.
The current version stops at the 60th step and thus reduces the distortion at max volume significantly.
I wonder what version do I have and if there is a way to find out by the codes on the box since the device has no version markings of its own.
Doesn't work. Draws too much power.
Interesting. One of my laptops is an X220 and it didn't work. Maybe the newer USB3.0 ports will have better support.
- AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 seconds ago
- › Havi B6 ! 27 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 56 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm 6 minutes ago
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)