Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 10/6/12 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- usb DAC/Headphone Amp Last post on 1/27/11 at 7:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out Last post on 5/1/14 at 9:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a Portable Headphone Amp Last post on 7/29/10 at 1:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need a USB DAC Last post on 7/27/10 at 2:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp - Page 48
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not sure about Grado dealers there, you could try phoning around to the local Hi-Fi shops. There's also what looks to be the Canadian Grado distributor and Headphone Bar in BC who carry Grado. If none of those work, as mentioned there's eBay or I'm sure you could probably pick one via one of the sponsors like Todd The Vinyl Junkie.
So I received mine yesterday and love it. I have been using it almost non-stop and it pairs wonderfully with the ie 80s - great clarity and quality throughout the sound spectrum. However, one thing concerns me about the DAC for the long term. When I plug the DF into a USB 2.0 port it works perfectly. However, when I plug it into a USB 3.0 port it doesn't get recognized. I've tried this on two separate notebooks with the same result. Both are running Windows 7 64 bit. Anyone have any ideas?
Also, did anyone figure out if this can be used with a Galaxy S III?
Edited by devilsadvocate - 9/26/12 at 12:44pm
Well, we will soon find out. I just ordered the cable, so I will update everyone in this thread.
In other news, I did a bit of research with regards to issues with USB 3.0 and came across this: http://createdigitalmusic.com/2012/06/usb-3-0-backwards-compatible-in-theory-but-some-audio-drivers-arent-cooperating/
It appears the DF is falling victim to this, which is concerning me as at some point USB 2.0 will get discontinued. As I just spent $250, I would hate to think that it may be useless on my next laptop.
The problem I see is the DF relies on getting its power from the USB port so unless the S3 is sporting a powered USB port I would imagine this would be a no go.
Stereophile's review of the Dragonfly is up:
Overall a very positive review.
One interesting observation is the fact that there are two versions of the DF with slightly different volume control configuration.
The first or early version clips the output after the 60th step.
The current version stops at the 60th step and thus reduces the distortion at max volume significantly.
I wonder what version do I have and if there is a way to find out by the codes on the box since the device has no version markings of its own.
Doesn't work. Draws too much power.
Interesting. One of my laptops is an X220 and it didn't work. Maybe the newer USB3.0 ports will have better support.
- AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ZMF x Vibro Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 26 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 2 minutes ago
- › High-end Headphone Decision 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! Bose QC25 2014 4 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 5 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 7 minutes ago
- › Unboxing Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC tonight 7 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 8 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 10 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)