Haven't read the whole article yet but they're impressed. I'll update once I read the entire article tonight.
Stereophine Cover Article on Dragonfly: Without quoting the article too much, here goes:
- sound was colourful & upfront
- tonal balance from bass to treble was as good as I've heard in a modern digital source component, being neither dull nor overly crisp and bright
- spatial performance was good
- sounds at least as good as my $900 reference converter
- best of all, the DragonFly is fun
Note that the review did not cover headphones and was attached to a system with a $1395 AudioQuest cable
The article did mention Decibel (though an older versions). As I was reading the Stereophile article and writing this, was also listening to my HD700 through the DragonFly (MacBook Air > Decibel > DF > Senn HD700 - though I do gnerally prefer it via iTunes with a little EQ bit I digress) and it just keeps on impressing me. From Deadmaou5, to Enigma, Dead Can Dance, AC/DC, Patricia Barber and more..This is definitely my around the house, lounge about system. I'm really enjoying the setup!
Edited by MickeyVee - 9/11/12 at 8:01pm
Originally Posted by bobeau
What's the verdict?