Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp - Page 34

post #496 of 1921
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeau View Post

 

For my use this is pretty much for really portable stuff, and to that end its performance with the GR07 and JVC S500 (incredible cans for the price) really sell it for me.

I disconnected the O2 and have been listening to the S500 paired with the DF and I can't believe how incredible it sounds.  Love both these gems.  

post #497 of 1921
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

I have heard this....Somewhere....tongue.gif


beerchug.gif

post #498 of 1921

The DF really backs enough juice to power the HD650s? I'm surprised.

post #499 of 1921
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycuyler View Post

The DF really backs enough juice to power the HD650s? I'm surprised.


Easily powers the 650's.

 

Yeah, I was surprised too.

post #500 of 1921

It might drive them loud enough but the quality surely must be lacking. My DF drives my HE-500 loud enough but certainly not with the authaurity and ease that my 2 balanced amps can muster

post #501 of 1921
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post

It might drive them loud enough but the quality surely must be lacking. My DF drives my HE-500 loud enough but certainly not with the authaurity and ease that my 2 balanced amps can muster

 

I found going DF-> O2 -> HD600   (over DF -> HD600)  smoothed out the bass just a TINY little bit, and prefer to listen through the O2, but going directly into the HD600 is NOT a problem.  THere's plenty of bass with this combo ---- when I switch off to DF-> HD25-1 ii , there's almost too much (notice I said almost)

post #502 of 1921
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post

It might drive them loud enough but the quality surely must be lacking. My DF drives my HE-500 loud enough but certainly not with the authaurity and ease that my 2 balanced amps can muster

The quality is there with the HD650's I can't say with the HE-500's. I would love to hear them one day.

post #503 of 1921

I know this may not be the thread, but because so many people are using the HD650 here I've got to ask. How do the HD650 perform when gaming? I'll be using the DF + some headphone for music, movies, and games (non competitive) with equal priority.

post #504 of 1921
Hello DF owners, help me pls

Today I noticed that my DF is ratling.
When I hold it by its case, I can move (just a little) the usb connector, I think the hole board is loose from the case. Can you tell if this also happens to you?
Thanks,
Best regards
post #505 of 1921
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycuyler View Post

I know this may not be the thread, but because so many people are using the HD650 here I've got to ask. How do the HD650 perform when gaming? I'll be using the DF + some headphone for music, movies, and games (non competitive) with equal priority.

The 650's are going to give you back the quality of input you give them. So....wink.gif
post #506 of 1921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefano View Post

Hello DF owners, help me pls
Today I noticed that my DF is ratling.
When I hold it by its case, I can move (just a little) the usb connector, I think the hole board is loose from the case. Can you tell if this also happens to you?
Thanks,
Best regards

 

I was going to hold off on saying something, but mine started doing this last week.  It actually does it slightly from the headphone connector as well.

 

I tend to insert/remove from my MBA at least a couple times a day, so that means it's been inserted/removed in the 50-100 time range.  Probably plugged/unplugged phones a few hundred times.  Not good.  Functionally it's fine, but I'm a bit perturbed as I bought this one used so I don't have a warranty to fall back on.  And the build quality otherwise appears fantastic, but I don't recall for instance ever having other USB devices do this before, and I baby this guy.

post #507 of 1921

A flaw I find with the DF.  Using Mac, I have the volume at max in sound preferences ( I believe this is recommended for best performance) and adjust the volume with iTunes.  With this setting, it seems I cannot use sensitive iem's/actually many iem's I've tried because at the lowest volume setting, it's borderline too loud.  To fix this, I adjust the main volume control and as I release the mouse click, the sound the Mac makes when adjusting volume about rips my eardrums.  Not sure if anyone knows what I'm talking about but has anyone tried iem's with this?  I cannot use my Miracles at all because it's too loud.  Correct me if I'm doing something wrong.  

post #508 of 1921
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

A flaw I find with the DF.  Using Mac, I have the volume at max in sound preferences ( I believe this is recommended for best performance) and adjust the volume with iTunes.  With this setting, it seems I cannot use sensitive iem's/actually many iem's I've tried because at the lowest volume setting, it's borderline too loud.  To fix this, I adjust the main volume control and as I release the mouse click, the sound the Mac makes when adjusting volume about rips my eardrums.  Not sure if anyone knows what I'm talking about but has anyone tried iem's with this?  I cannot use my Miracles at all because it's too loud.  Correct me if I'm doing something wrong.  

I do not max the volume that way. I simply plug in to the MBPro and use the volume buttons at the top of the keyboard. iTunes and Amarra are maxed, but the system voiume is the up/down control. Works great and sounds great!

 

beerchug.gif

post #509 of 1921
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

I do not max the volume that way. I simply plug in to the MBPro and use the volume buttons at the top of the keyboard. iTunes and Amarra are maxed, but the system voiume is the up/down control. Works great and sounds great!

 

beerchug.gif

Thanks for that.  Not sure what the hell was going through my mind as I was playing around with it.  So easy but I had to make it sooo difficult.  Duh!!!

post #510 of 1921
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Thanks for that.  Not sure what the hell was going through my mind as I was playing around with it.  So easy but I had to make it sooo difficult.  Duh!!!

Hey, 3 different volumes to play with...Sometimes it gets off kilter....No Worries!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp