I got the DF 1.2 today, and have been listening for awhile. I'll post my impressions with my Pro 900 and D2000 sometime soon.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 10/6/12 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- usb DAC/Headphone Amp Last post on 1/27/11 at 7:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out Last post on 5/1/14 at 9:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a Portable Headphone Amp Last post on 7/29/10 at 1:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need a USB DAC Last post on 7/27/10 at 2:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp - Page 121
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi all. This is a long thread, so it may be that I missed the answer somewhere. But I'm thinking of pairing the DF with KEF m500s. The cans are rated at 32 +/-15%ohm and the DF has a max output of 32.
Is this pushing it? That is, will the DF generate enough power?
Thanks for your input.
Looking for your opinion on this:
I would be using the DrangonFly on a Macbook air 2013 (Bootcamp) with Shure SRH-840. I just use spotify and nothing else.
Is it worth the extra $50 on the 1.2 version over the previous one?
In any case, compared vs. the macbook air on board dac/amp will the difference be noticeable or just marginal?
I used to pair these cans with my ipad 4, but I'm selling it for economical reasons. I really think that the sound from the ipad headphone jack was noticeable better.
Thanks in advance!
Read here and decide yourself:
- AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 18 seconds ago
- › ZxR died just today, need a new soundcard for primarily gaming for... 28 seconds ago
- › Does scratches on a CD effect sound quality besides skipping? 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- ONLY 12 HOURS AWAY!!! 2 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-1000 coming 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2