What does the dragonfly dac and akg550 sound like with dance music?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- usb DAC/Headphone Amp Last post on 1/27/11 at 7:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out Last post on 5/1/14 at 9:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a Portable Headphone Amp Last post on 7/29/10 at 1:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need a USB DAC Last post on 7/27/10 at 2:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp - Page 92
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1367 of 247211/29/13 at 3:16pmQuote:
According to the audio stream review the new RRP is $149.99post #1368 of 247211/29/13 at 5:36pmpost #1369 of 247211/29/13 at 5:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by tninety
BTW you can check the version number of your DF on a Mac under "system information" app in the USB section under hardware. Click the DragonFly. Here's a 1.0c:
Should be possible in Windows or Linux (lsusb -v or something) but I don't have my desktop with me so I can't verify.
I guess there was never a 1.1 since this one was bought very recently.
There seems to be some revisions of the hardware:
- Dark DragonFly text (1.0?)
- Light DragonFly text (after 1.0?)
- Light DragonFly text + FCC logos in white on the bottom (1.0c+?)
Inclusion of leather pouch/cloth pouch doesn't seem to have any bearing on actual version number but it often corresponds because the cloth pouch was only shipped with early units...
All but about the first 500 devices were version 1.1.post #1370 of 247211/29/13 at 5:39pm
Thanks, I just read audiostream, and it appears the new version blows the older one out of the water in terms of clarity and airiness so I think I might wait to simply purchase the new version if it ever goes on sale between $100-$150.post #1371 of 247211/29/13 at 5:42pmQuote:
I will probably have one next week. I will post my impressions. If what AudioStream says is true, we are in for a treat.post #1372 of 247211/29/13 at 6:03pmpost #1373 of 247211/29/13 at 6:10pmpost #1374 of 247211/29/13 at 6:14pmQuote:
Really? What kind of laptop do you have? It was night and day for me, vs. computer audio. What other gear do you have?post #1375 of 247211/29/13 at 6:17pmpost #1376 of 247211/29/13 at 6:39pmQuote:
What headphones do you have? Also, what was the source?post #1377 of 247211/29/13 at 11:45pmQuote:
Closest thing to dance music i have is Lindsey Stirling (Dubstep with violin) and that's pretty much the only thing. I'm into symphonic metal/metal/rock/acoustic...
K550 has good bass, but only if the headphones fit your head.post #1378 of 247211/30/13 at 6:52ampost #1379 of 247211/30/13 at 7:28amQuote:
Those are both very easily driven headphones. The "effect" won't be quite as pronounced as it would be on some harder to drive headphones. You should still hear an improvement though.
- AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Sys Concept 3.5mm to Toslink short optical cable for... 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV Player by wt - screenless budget dual mono... 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear