What does the dragonfly dac and akg550 sound like with dance music?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- usb DAC/Headphone Amp Last post on 1/27/11 at 7:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out Last post on 5/1/14 at 9:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a Portable Headphone Amp Last post on 7/29/10 at 1:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need a USB DAC Last post on 7/27/10 at 2:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp - Page 92
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1367 of 248311/29/13 at 3:16pmQuote:
According to the audio stream review the new RRP is $149.99post #1368 of 248311/29/13 at 5:36pmpost #1369 of 248311/29/13 at 5:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by tninety
BTW you can check the version number of your DF on a Mac under "system information" app in the USB section under hardware. Click the DragonFly. Here's a 1.0c:
Should be possible in Windows or Linux (lsusb -v or something) but I don't have my desktop with me so I can't verify.
I guess there was never a 1.1 since this one was bought very recently.
There seems to be some revisions of the hardware:
- Dark DragonFly text (1.0?)
- Light DragonFly text (after 1.0?)
- Light DragonFly text + FCC logos in white on the bottom (1.0c+?)
Inclusion of leather pouch/cloth pouch doesn't seem to have any bearing on actual version number but it often corresponds because the cloth pouch was only shipped with early units...
All but about the first 500 devices were version 1.1.post #1370 of 248311/29/13 at 5:39pm
Thanks, I just read audiostream, and it appears the new version blows the older one out of the water in terms of clarity and airiness so I think I might wait to simply purchase the new version if it ever goes on sale between $100-$150.post #1371 of 248311/29/13 at 5:42pmQuote:
I will probably have one next week. I will post my impressions. If what AudioStream says is true, we are in for a treat.post #1372 of 248311/29/13 at 6:03pmpost #1373 of 248311/29/13 at 6:10pmpost #1374 of 248311/29/13 at 6:14pmQuote:
Really? What kind of laptop do you have? It was night and day for me, vs. computer audio. What other gear do you have?post #1375 of 248311/29/13 at 6:17pmpost #1376 of 248311/29/13 at 6:39pmQuote:
What headphones do you have? Also, what was the source?post #1377 of 248311/29/13 at 11:45pmQuote:
Closest thing to dance music i have is Lindsey Stirling (Dubstep with violin) and that's pretty much the only thing. I'm into symphonic metal/metal/rock/acoustic...
K550 has good bass, but only if the headphones fit your head.post #1378 of 248311/30/13 at 6:52ampost #1379 of 248311/30/13 at 7:28amQuote:
Those are both very easily driven headphones. The "effect" won't be quite as pronounced as it would be on some harder to drive headphones. You should still hear an improvement though.
- AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 5 minutes ago
- › Don't be shy, contact us directly with problems with your FiiO! 6 minutes ago
- › Cable braiding (Litz) : Just eye candy or significant audio... 9 minutes ago
- › Cyrus SoundKey portable DAC 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 11 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for IEM For Classical music 12 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear