I thought I read the 1.1s have a leather-like bag included in the package. The 1.0s didn't. Can anyone confirm?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- usb DAC/Headphone Amp Last post on 1/27/11 at 7:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out Last post on 5/1/14 at 9:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a Portable Headphone Amp Last post on 7/29/10 at 1:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need a USB DAC Last post on 7/27/10 at 2:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp - Page 91
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1352 of 247211/28/13 at 7:48ampost #1353 of 247211/28/13 at 8:16amQuote:
I know they changed the bag along the way, but has anyone seen info to indicate that they changed the Dragonfly device hardware at the same time?post #1354 of 247211/28/13 at 8:55am
So AudioAdvisor sent the following email to customers:
“Why the $150 Savings?
AudioQuest will shortly release DragonFly v1.2, so they were willing to sell us DragonFly v1.0 at a low closeout price. But here's the secret scoop on v1.0. It's really a v1.1 with identical specs to the forthcoming v1.2. The original v1.0 units were updated last year in an unannounced running change. They removed a capacitor and improved the mini headphone jack to improve reliability. This version also had a software upgrade, but when you plug one into a computer, the computer still reads "DragonFly v1.0".
So get the DragonFly v1.0 at our low closeout price and enjoy superb sound quality on the cheap!”
As it turns out, this is not true. Hopefully AudioAdvisor will be sending out a correction. This is coming straight from AQ.post #1355 of 247211/28/13 at 1:15pmQuote:
I thought they didn't change the version number for that one.post #1356 of 247211/28/13 at 7:20pmpost #1357 of 247211/28/13 at 8:23pmQuote:
Wasn't the difference between the 1.0 and the 1.1 the 64 steps vs 60 step of attenuation respectively?
My DF came in a leather pouch, but still has volume at 0 ( OS Volume). I don't think the cloth sac vs pouch is a good determination of revision.
Do we have an accurate way to lookup our version?post #1358 of 247211/28/13 at 11:18pm
Other than open it up and look the main board? :P
Well i had a problem with the first unit, (1st batch, string pouch), also the "DragonFly" text on it was dark / barely see able.
On the unit i got in exchange, the DragonFly text is in white. and it came with a leather sleeve.post #1359 of 247211/29/13 at 8:08ampost #1360 of 247211/29/13 at 8:21amQuote:
No. But it is still a great deal. The 1.2 version will be $50 more though, so if the dough isn't a concern you may just want to order that one.post #1361 of 247211/29/13 at 9:51ampost #1362 of 247211/29/13 at 11:18amQuote:
I use my DragonFly with K550 all the time, it's great. Without amp have to keep the volume as low as 2-8 /100 on the windows. But i think i prefer it straight from DragonFly, rather than trough my Arrow 3G, witch i use with SE535.post #1363 of 247211/29/13 at 1:01pmQuote:
Thanks mate, both are at a very nice price from today at my local hifi store..grab myself a bargain for Christmas!..USB DAC/Headphone Amp
"All hail hi-fi's newest superstar." What Hi-Fi Sound & Vision magazine. A SOUND UPGRADE FOR...TSP: £169.95SAVE £80£89.95
"Rousingly musical headphones with no obvious deficiencies" What Hi-Fi Sound & Vision magazine....TSP: £179.95SAVE £55£124
3 great ways to buy
Edited by martin vegas - 11/29/13 at 1:12pmpost #1364 of 247211/29/13 at 2:15pmQuote:
The 1.2 version will be $50 more from the $99 price point (so $150) or $50 more at the regular $250 price point (so $300)?post #1365 of 247211/29/13 at 2:34pm
BTW you can check the version number of your DF on a Mac under "system information" app in the USB section under hardware. Click the DragonFly. Here's a 1.0c:
Should be possible in Windows or Linux (lsusb -v or something) but I don't have my desktop with me so I can't verify.
I guess there was never a 1.1 since this one was bought very recently.
There seems to be some revisions of the hardware:
- Dark DragonFly text (1.0?)
- Light DragonFly text (after 1.0?)
- Light DragonFly text + FCC logos in white on the bottom (1.0c+?)
Inclusion of leather pouch/cloth pouch doesn't seem to have any bearing on actual version number but it often corresponds because the cloth pouch was only shipped with early units...
- AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 17 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 45 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › Help me choose a new pair of headphones, thanks! 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear