I thought I read the 1.1s have a leather-like bag included in the package. The 1.0s didn't. Can anyone confirm?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- usb DAC/Headphone Amp Last post on 1/27/11 at 7:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out Last post on 5/1/14 at 9:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for a Portable Headphone Amp Last post on 7/29/10 at 1:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do i need a USB DAC Last post on 7/27/10 at 2:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
Disclaimer: I would like to thank Fiio very much for providing me with the opportunity to review the X5 iii. This review is part of Fiio’s tour, there is no monetary incentive for a positive...
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp - Page 91
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1352 of 248311/28/13 at 7:48ampost #1353 of 248311/28/13 at 8:16amQuote:
I know they changed the bag along the way, but has anyone seen info to indicate that they changed the Dragonfly device hardware at the same time?post #1354 of 248311/28/13 at 8:55am
So AudioAdvisor sent the following email to customers:
“Why the $150 Savings?
AudioQuest will shortly release DragonFly v1.2, so they were willing to sell us DragonFly v1.0 at a low closeout price. But here's the secret scoop on v1.0. It's really a v1.1 with identical specs to the forthcoming v1.2. The original v1.0 units were updated last year in an unannounced running change. They removed a capacitor and improved the mini headphone jack to improve reliability. This version also had a software upgrade, but when you plug one into a computer, the computer still reads "DragonFly v1.0".
So get the DragonFly v1.0 at our low closeout price and enjoy superb sound quality on the cheap!”
As it turns out, this is not true. Hopefully AudioAdvisor will be sending out a correction. This is coming straight from AQ.post #1355 of 248311/28/13 at 1:15pmQuote:
I thought they didn't change the version number for that one.post #1356 of 248311/28/13 at 7:20pmpost #1357 of 248311/28/13 at 8:23pmQuote:
Wasn't the difference between the 1.0 and the 1.1 the 64 steps vs 60 step of attenuation respectively?
My DF came in a leather pouch, but still has volume at 0 ( OS Volume). I don't think the cloth sac vs pouch is a good determination of revision.
Do we have an accurate way to lookup our version?post #1358 of 248311/28/13 at 11:18pm
Other than open it up and look the main board? :P
Well i had a problem with the first unit, (1st batch, string pouch), also the "DragonFly" text on it was dark / barely see able.
On the unit i got in exchange, the DragonFly text is in white. and it came with a leather sleeve.post #1359 of 248311/29/13 at 8:08ampost #1360 of 248311/29/13 at 8:21amQuote:
No. But it is still a great deal. The 1.2 version will be $50 more though, so if the dough isn't a concern you may just want to order that one.post #1361 of 248311/29/13 at 9:51ampost #1362 of 248311/29/13 at 11:18amQuote:
I use my DragonFly with K550 all the time, it's great. Without amp have to keep the volume as low as 2-8 /100 on the windows. But i think i prefer it straight from DragonFly, rather than trough my Arrow 3G, witch i use with SE535.post #1363 of 248311/29/13 at 1:01pmQuote:
Thanks mate, both are at a very nice price from today at my local hifi store..grab myself a bargain for Christmas!..USB DAC/Headphone Amp
"All hail hi-fi's newest superstar." What Hi-Fi Sound & Vision magazine. A SOUND UPGRADE FOR...TSP: £169.95SAVE £80£89.95
"Rousingly musical headphones with no obvious deficiencies" What Hi-Fi Sound & Vision magazine....TSP: £179.95SAVE £55£124
3 great ways to buy
Edited by martin vegas - 11/29/13 at 1:12pmpost #1364 of 248311/29/13 at 2:15pmQuote:
The 1.2 version will be $50 more from the $99 price point (so $150) or $50 more at the regular $250 price point (so $300)?post #1365 of 248311/29/13 at 2:34pm
BTW you can check the version number of your DF on a Mac under "system information" app in the USB section under hardware. Click the DragonFly. Here's a 1.0c:
Should be possible in Windows or Linux (lsusb -v or something) but I don't have my desktop with me so I can't verify.
I guess there was never a 1.1 since this one was bought very recently.
There seems to be some revisions of the hardware:
- Dark DragonFly text (1.0?)
- Light DragonFly text (after 1.0?)
- Light DragonFly text + FCC logos in white on the bottom (1.0c+?)
Inclusion of leather pouch/cloth pouch doesn't seem to have any bearing on actual version number but it often corresponds because the cloth pouch was only shipped with early units...
- AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 1 minute ago
- › [WTB] ALO Continental Dual Mono 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Nuforce HA-200 - affordable class-A monoblocks 1 minute ago
- › Does FM result in degradation of music? 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017) 5 minutes ago
- › What's your foobar2000 setup? 5 minutes ago
- › Having a hard time finding the right headphones. 5 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by peter1480
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear