Im not sure which headphone to get and not sure if a amp would do the headphones good, help please!
Related Forum Threads
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone amp for ATH-M50 - no budget - flat frequency response Last post on 6/6/11 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ATH-M50 amp Last post on 2/23/12 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What's the best amp for the ATH-M50? Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Alternatives to ATH-M50? Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Introduction Everyone here and their mothers have heard of the HD600/650. After over 10+ years, the HD600 series still remains a timeless classic, withstanding the test of time with is...
Does a headphone amp do the ATH-M50 or Ultrasone HFI 580 justice?post #1 of 327/5/12 at 8:45amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 327/6/12 at 4:46pmQuote:
no. They are extremely efficient, and do not need one. You can easily run them through macs, PCs, iphone, ipod etc.
Edited by LazBro123 - 1/10/13 at 1:08pmpost #3 of 327/6/12 at 10:56pmQuote:
Having a good DAC is always a plus with whatever headphone you use.
What source(s) are you going to be plugging the headphones into?post #4 of 327/15/12 at 9:38pmpost #5 of 327/15/12 at 10:02pm
The Ultrasone is quite responsive to EQ. I remember my friend who has a DJ1 when he first started this hobby and we hooked it up to a cheap E5, bass boost on and woah! That was some awesome bass performance. Even without the bass boost we still found improvements over bass transient responses.
Well for merely $20 even psychological effects would be well worth the money you spent ;)post #6 of 327/15/12 at 10:26pmpost #7 of 327/15/12 at 10:31pmQuote:
The HFI-580 is a good all-rounder headphone. It is efficient, as others have mentioned, but with an amp it tightens everything up with better impact.post #8 of 327/15/12 at 10:33pmpost #9 of 327/15/12 at 10:37pmQuote:
This is Head-Fi Jay.
You MUST spend a lot of money for great sound. For the 580s, nothing under 1K would suffice....LOL...JK
Rules of Head-Fi- state a budget and go from there. There are no cheap amps per se. If your budget is about 60 beans a PA2V2 or E11 would be more than adequate.
Edited by HeatFan12 - 7/15/12 at 10:46pmpost #10 of 327/15/12 at 10:39pmpost #11 of 327/15/12 at 10:47pmpost #12 of 327/15/12 at 10:49pmpost #13 of 327/15/12 at 10:52pmpost #14 of 327/15/12 at 10:59pm
Fair enough. But you must think a bit about your whole setup. What is your source? If it's an iDevice (iPod, iTouch, Nano, iPad, iPhone etc..) you will need an LOD (line-out dock) to get a clean signal and bypass the internal amp of the source. You must look at your chain as a whole.
- Does a headphone amp do the ATH-M50 or Ultrasone HFI 580 justice?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Songs You Can't Listen to Anymore 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › This maybe stretching it, but, headphones on this budget.. 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 4 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 5 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 6 minutes ago
- › ATH M50 vs. M50X, M40 vs M40X, etc 7 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2