Im not sure which headphone to get and not sure if a amp would do the headphones good, help please!
Related Forum Threads
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone amp for ATH-M50 - no budget - flat frequency response Last post on 6/6/11 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ATH-M50 amp Last post on 2/23/12 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What's the best amp for the ATH-M50? Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Alternatives to ATH-M50? Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Is being a Jack of all trades and Master of none really a bad thing? Firstly thank you to RHA and Lin0003 for organizing the tour of the T10i as this was one IEM I was...
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
Does a headphone amp do the ATH-M50 or Ultrasone HFI 580 justice?post #1 of 327/5/12 at 8:45amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 327/6/12 at 4:46pmQuote:
no. They are extremely efficient, and do not need one. You can easily run them through macs, PCs, iphone, ipod etc.
Edited by LazBro123 - 1/10/13 at 1:08pmpost #3 of 327/6/12 at 10:56pmQuote:
Having a good DAC is always a plus with whatever headphone you use.
What source(s) are you going to be plugging the headphones into?post #4 of 327/15/12 at 9:38pmpost #5 of 327/15/12 at 10:02pm
The Ultrasone is quite responsive to EQ. I remember my friend who has a DJ1 when he first started this hobby and we hooked it up to a cheap E5, bass boost on and woah! That was some awesome bass performance. Even without the bass boost we still found improvements over bass transient responses.
Well for merely $20 even psychological effects would be well worth the money you spent ;)post #6 of 327/15/12 at 10:26pmpost #7 of 327/15/12 at 10:31pmQuote:
The HFI-580 is a good all-rounder headphone. It is efficient, as others have mentioned, but with an amp it tightens everything up with better impact.post #8 of 327/15/12 at 10:33pmpost #9 of 327/15/12 at 10:37pmQuote:
This is Head-Fi Jay.
You MUST spend a lot of money for great sound. For the 580s, nothing under 1K would suffice....LOL...JK
Rules of Head-Fi- state a budget and go from there. There are no cheap amps per se. If your budget is about 60 beans a PA2V2 or E11 would be more than adequate.
Edited by HeatFan12 - 7/15/12 at 10:46pmpost #10 of 327/15/12 at 10:39pmpost #11 of 327/15/12 at 10:47pmpost #12 of 327/15/12 at 10:49pmpost #13 of 327/15/12 at 10:52pmpost #14 of 327/15/12 at 10:59pm
Fair enough. But you must think a bit about your whole setup. What is your source? If it's an iDevice (iPod, iTouch, Nano, iPad, iPhone etc..) you will need an LOD (line-out dock) to get a clean signal and bypass the internal amp of the source. You must look at your chain as a whole.
- Does a headphone amp do the ATH-M50 or Ultrasone HFI 580 justice?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 second ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 25 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 50 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. 1 minute ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 1 minute ago
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by gikigill
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)