Im not sure which headphone to get and not sure if a amp would do the headphones good, help please!
Related Forum Threads
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone amp for ATH-M50 - no budget - flat frequency response Last post on 6/6/11 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ATH-M50 amp Last post on 2/23/12 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What's the best amp for the ATH-M50? Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Alternatives to ATH-M50? Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONA fair bit of this review may borrow sections from my U6 review. The reason for this is that a lot of...
Special thanks to Fiio for sponsoring this review unit for testing purposes Firmware installed : 1.2 Micro SD size used: 128GB C10 Sandisk Spec...
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q Earphone Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Advanced AcousticWerkes Q earphone with the Hifiman MegaMini Dap Advanced AcousticWerkes Q...
First of all, fantastic sound. Not necessarily *non-biased*, but possesses smooth highs, fantastically defined mids, and rich, powerful, yet completely not overwhelming bass. I accidentally broke...
Thinksound On2 Review: A Wonderful Wooden On-Ear With A Small Ecological Footprint I like Thinksound products. I always have, with the exception of the On1. It was a product that had so much...
Does a headphone amp do the ATH-M50 or Ultrasone HFI 580 justice?post #1 of 327/5/12 at 8:45amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 327/6/12 at 4:46pmQuote:
no. They are extremely efficient, and do not need one. You can easily run them through macs, PCs, iphone, ipod etc.
Edited by LazBro123 - 1/10/13 at 1:08pmpost #3 of 327/6/12 at 10:56pmQuote:
Having a good DAC is always a plus with whatever headphone you use.
What source(s) are you going to be plugging the headphones into?post #4 of 327/15/12 at 9:38pmpost #5 of 327/15/12 at 10:02pm
The Ultrasone is quite responsive to EQ. I remember my friend who has a DJ1 when he first started this hobby and we hooked it up to a cheap E5, bass boost on and woah! That was some awesome bass performance. Even without the bass boost we still found improvements over bass transient responses.
Well for merely $20 even psychological effects would be well worth the money you spent ;)post #6 of 327/15/12 at 10:26pmpost #7 of 327/15/12 at 10:31pmQuote:
The HFI-580 is a good all-rounder headphone. It is efficient, as others have mentioned, but with an amp it tightens everything up with better impact.post #8 of 327/15/12 at 10:33pmpost #9 of 327/15/12 at 10:37pmQuote:
This is Head-Fi Jay.
You MUST spend a lot of money for great sound. For the 580s, nothing under 1K would suffice....LOL...JK
Rules of Head-Fi- state a budget and go from there. There are no cheap amps per se. If your budget is about 60 beans a PA2V2 or E11 would be more than adequate.
Edited by HeatFan12 - 7/15/12 at 10:46pmpost #10 of 327/15/12 at 10:39pmpost #11 of 327/15/12 at 10:47pmpost #12 of 327/15/12 at 10:49pmpost #13 of 327/15/12 at 10:52pmpost #14 of 327/15/12 at 10:59pm
Fair enough. But you must think a bit about your whole setup. What is your source? If it's an iDevice (iPod, iTouch, Nano, iPad, iPhone etc..) you will need an LOD (line-out dock) to get a clean signal and bypass the internal amp of the source. You must look at your chain as a whole.
- Does a headphone amp do the ATH-M50 or Ultrasone HFI 580 justice?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Review by mark2410 22 seconds ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › Chromebook as source? 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › MWTS Heir Audio 4ai.s iem 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-350 Headphone Review by mark2410 4 minutes ago
- › 64 Audio U10 by Brooko
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by noobandroid
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ExpatinJapan
- › RHA MA750i by Peter Zhang
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...