Im not sure which headphone to get and not sure if a amp would do the headphones good, help please!
Related Forum Threads
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone amp for ATH-M50 - no budget - flat frequency response Last post on 6/6/11 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ATH-M50 amp Last post on 2/23/12 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What's the best amp for the ATH-M50? Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Alternatives to ATH-M50? Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
Does a headphone amp do the ATH-M50 or Ultrasone HFI 580 justice?post #1 of 327/5/12 at 8:45amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 327/6/12 at 4:46pmQuote:
no. They are extremely efficient, and do not need one. You can easily run them through macs, PCs, iphone, ipod etc.
Edited by LazBro123 - 1/10/13 at 1:08pmpost #3 of 327/6/12 at 10:56pmQuote:
Having a good DAC is always a plus with whatever headphone you use.
What source(s) are you going to be plugging the headphones into?post #4 of 327/15/12 at 9:38pmpost #5 of 327/15/12 at 10:02pm
The Ultrasone is quite responsive to EQ. I remember my friend who has a DJ1 when he first started this hobby and we hooked it up to a cheap E5, bass boost on and woah! That was some awesome bass performance. Even without the bass boost we still found improvements over bass transient responses.
Well for merely $20 even psychological effects would be well worth the money you spent ;)post #6 of 327/15/12 at 10:26pmpost #7 of 327/15/12 at 10:31pmQuote:
The HFI-580 is a good all-rounder headphone. It is efficient, as others have mentioned, but with an amp it tightens everything up with better impact.post #8 of 327/15/12 at 10:33pmpost #9 of 327/15/12 at 10:37pmQuote:
This is Head-Fi Jay.
You MUST spend a lot of money for great sound. For the 580s, nothing under 1K would suffice....LOL...JK
Rules of Head-Fi- state a budget and go from there. There are no cheap amps per se. If your budget is about 60 beans a PA2V2 or E11 would be more than adequate.
Edited by HeatFan12 - 7/15/12 at 10:46pmpost #10 of 327/15/12 at 10:39pmpost #11 of 327/15/12 at 10:47pmpost #12 of 327/15/12 at 10:49pmpost #13 of 327/15/12 at 10:52pmpost #14 of 327/15/12 at 10:59pm
Fair enough. But you must think a bit about your whole setup. What is your source? If it's an iDevice (iPod, iTouch, Nano, iPad, iPhone etc..) you will need an LOD (line-out dock) to get a clean signal and bypass the internal amp of the source. You must look at your chain as a whole.
- Does a headphone amp do the ATH-M50 or Ultrasone HFI 580 justice?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › anyone have experience with this? 41 seconds ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › anyone here prefer IEMs as endgame desktop setup? 4 minutes ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Menuet DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added... 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...