Im not sure which headphone to get and not sure if a amp would do the headphones good, help please!
Related Forum Threads
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone amp for ATH-M50 - no budget - flat frequency response Last post on 6/6/11 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ATH-M50 amp Last post on 2/23/12 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What's the best amp for the ATH-M50? Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Alternatives to ATH-M50? Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble: Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing...
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
Does a headphone amp do the ATH-M50 or Ultrasone HFI 580 justice?post #1 of 327/5/12 at 8:45amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 327/6/12 at 4:46pmQuote:
no. They are extremely efficient, and do not need one. You can easily run them through macs, PCs, iphone, ipod etc.
Edited by LazBro123 - 1/10/13 at 1:08pmpost #3 of 327/6/12 at 10:56pmQuote:
Having a good DAC is always a plus with whatever headphone you use.
What source(s) are you going to be plugging the headphones into?post #4 of 327/15/12 at 9:38pmpost #5 of 327/15/12 at 10:02pm
The Ultrasone is quite responsive to EQ. I remember my friend who has a DJ1 when he first started this hobby and we hooked it up to a cheap E5, bass boost on and woah! That was some awesome bass performance. Even without the bass boost we still found improvements over bass transient responses.
Well for merely $20 even psychological effects would be well worth the money you spent ;)post #6 of 327/15/12 at 10:26pmpost #7 of 327/15/12 at 10:31pmQuote:
The HFI-580 is a good all-rounder headphone. It is efficient, as others have mentioned, but with an amp it tightens everything up with better impact.post #8 of 327/15/12 at 10:33pmpost #9 of 327/15/12 at 10:37pmQuote:
This is Head-Fi Jay.
You MUST spend a lot of money for great sound. For the 580s, nothing under 1K would suffice....LOL...JK
Rules of Head-Fi- state a budget and go from there. There are no cheap amps per se. If your budget is about 60 beans a PA2V2 or E11 would be more than adequate.
Edited by HeatFan12 - 7/15/12 at 10:46pmpost #10 of 327/15/12 at 10:39pmpost #11 of 327/15/12 at 10:47pmpost #12 of 327/15/12 at 10:49pmpost #13 of 327/15/12 at 10:52pmpost #14 of 327/15/12 at 10:59pm
Fair enough. But you must think a bit about your whole setup. What is your source? If it's an iDevice (iPod, iTouch, Nano, iPad, iPhone etc..) you will need an LOD (line-out dock) to get a clean signal and bypass the internal amp of the source. You must look at your chain as a whole.
- Does a headphone amp do the ATH-M50 or Ultrasone HFI 580 justice?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 30 seconds ago
- › AKG k702's and "lack of bass". 47 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso PB-2 Pelican fully balanced portable, DB-2 Dac . . HiFlight... 2 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing high end headphones for games and music 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...