Most electrostats are quite good at pulling the disappearing trick, but yes, the 009 is one of the very best at this.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Stax thread (New) Last post on 8/20/13 at 12:45am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones in the world Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB- Stax SR-009 or SR-007 Omega Mk1 Electrostatic Headphones Last post on 7/19/13 at 3:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Today
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
Pairing notes: Cavalli LL, Woo WA-5 w/ WEE, First Watt F1, HE6, Jade, Stax SR-007 mk I, SR-009, SR-507, Lambda Nova Sig. - Page 3post #31 of 387/7/12 at 7:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 387/8/12 at 1:36amQuote:
QUite good yes...but don't do it so completely like the 009. at least not in my experience.
The HE90 was also one such headphone.post #33 of 387/8/12 at 2:26ampost #34 of 387/8/12 at 4:33ampost #35 of 387/8/12 at 2:25pmQuote:
Taboo is 12AT7 driving EL84 with 5U4 tube rectification in single-ended pentode mode. Can't really see it sounding bad with WEE/SR009.post #36 of 387/9/12 at 11:38amQuote:
Thanks for the input. Jon L . I hope I get a good deal for the WEE, so I can try it with the Taboo.post #37 of 387/10/12 at 9:20pmI want share my set up for Stax Sr 009 plus Srm 727 mk 2
With these combo above to my Stax Sr 009 sound quality is already good
For better Sound Quality I add pre amp to my set up above like
Eximus Dp 1 as DAC amp and pre amp
For the MAXX set up I used my tube pre amp from Germany T + A. P 10.2
Please see my set up below in this thread :
http://www.head-fi.org/t/608775/impression-stax-sr-007-mk2-and-sr-009-srm-727-mk2-as-active-speaker-drive-with-tube-pre-amp-t-a-p-10-2post #38 of 387/11/12 at 7:51am
Question to Rudi or anyone else: are you actually hearing any improvements when using the 727A as a direct power amp with the Eximus?
And, if so, is the difference really palpable?
- Pairing notes: Cavalli LL, Woo WA-5 w/ WEE, First Watt F1, HE6, Jade, Stax SR-007 mk I, SR-009, SR-507, Lambda Nova Sig.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 14 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 26 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SELLING Burson HA-160DS 4 minutes ago
- › Need help rectifying unequal cable burn in leading to channel... 4 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3