Most electrostats are quite good at pulling the disappearing trick, but yes, the 009 is one of the very best at this.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Stax thread (New) Last post on 8/20/13 at 12:45am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones in the world Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB- Stax SR-009 or SR-007 Omega Mk1 Electrostatic Headphones Last post on 7/19/13 at 3:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 6/23/16 at 3:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
Pairing notes: Cavalli LL, Woo WA-5 w/ WEE, First Watt F1, HE6, Jade, Stax SR-007 mk I, SR-009, SR-507, Lambda Nova Sig. - Page 3post #31 of 387/7/12 at 7:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 387/8/12 at 1:36amQuote:
QUite good yes...but don't do it so completely like the 009. at least not in my experience.
The HE90 was also one such headphone.post #33 of 387/8/12 at 2:26ampost #34 of 387/8/12 at 4:33ampost #35 of 387/8/12 at 2:25pmQuote:
Taboo is 12AT7 driving EL84 with 5U4 tube rectification in single-ended pentode mode. Can't really see it sounding bad with WEE/SR009.post #36 of 387/9/12 at 11:38amQuote:
Thanks for the input. Jon L . I hope I get a good deal for the WEE, so I can try it with the Taboo.post #37 of 387/10/12 at 9:20pmI want share my set up for Stax Sr 009 plus Srm 727 mk 2
With these combo above to my Stax Sr 009 sound quality is already good
For better Sound Quality I add pre amp to my set up above like
Eximus Dp 1 as DAC amp and pre amp
For the MAXX set up I used my tube pre amp from Germany T + A. P 10.2
Please see my set up below in this thread :
http://www.head-fi.org/t/608775/impression-stax-sr-007-mk2-and-sr-009-srm-727-mk2-as-active-speaker-drive-with-tube-pre-amp-t-a-p-10-2post #38 of 387/11/12 at 7:51am
Question to Rudi or anyone else: are you actually hearing any improvements when using the 727A as a direct power amp with the Eximus?
And, if so, is the difference really palpable?
- Pairing notes: Cavalli LL, Woo WA-5 w/ WEE, First Watt F1, HE6, Jade, Stax SR-007 mk I, SR-009, SR-507, Lambda Nova Sig.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 29 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio Wizard Savanna Giveaway! 47 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Setting up a Schiit stack with my computer / headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Stax: SR 002 + Srm 002 and Srm 003 mk2 + Srm 003 impression and... 5 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 9 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 9 minutes ago
- › New Inear Prophile-8 10 minutes ago
- › Groovers & Universal Music Introduced 24/96 FLAC microSD albums in... 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...