Most electrostats are quite good at pulling the disappearing trick, but yes, the 009 is one of the very best at this.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Stax thread (New) Last post on 8/20/13 at 12:45am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones in the world Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB- Stax SR-009 or SR-007 Omega Mk1 Electrostatic Headphones Last post on 7/19/13 at 3:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 6/23/16 at 3:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting as...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
Pairing notes: Cavalli LL, Woo WA-5 w/ WEE, First Watt F1, HE6, Jade, Stax SR-007 mk I, SR-009, SR-507, Lambda Nova Sig. - Page 3post #31 of 387/7/12 at 7:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 387/8/12 at 1:36amQuote:
QUite good yes...but don't do it so completely like the 009. at least not in my experience.
The HE90 was also one such headphone.post #33 of 387/8/12 at 2:26ampost #34 of 387/8/12 at 4:33ampost #35 of 387/8/12 at 2:25pmQuote:
Taboo is 12AT7 driving EL84 with 5U4 tube rectification in single-ended pentode mode. Can't really see it sounding bad with WEE/SR009.post #36 of 387/9/12 at 11:38amQuote:
Thanks for the input. Jon L . I hope I get a good deal for the WEE, so I can try it with the Taboo.post #37 of 387/10/12 at 9:20pmI want share my set up for Stax Sr 009 plus Srm 727 mk 2
With these combo above to my Stax Sr 009 sound quality is already good
For better Sound Quality I add pre amp to my set up above like
Eximus Dp 1 as DAC amp and pre amp
For the MAXX set up I used my tube pre amp from Germany T + A. P 10.2
Please see my set up below in this thread :
http://www.head-fi.org/t/608775/impression-stax-sr-007-mk2-and-sr-009-srm-727-mk2-as-active-speaker-drive-with-tube-pre-amp-t-a-p-10-2post #38 of 387/11/12 at 7:51am
Question to Rudi or anyone else: are you actually hearing any improvements when using the 727A as a direct power amp with the Eximus?
And, if so, is the difference really palpable?
- Pairing notes: Cavalli LL, Woo WA-5 w/ WEE, First Watt F1, HE6, Jade, Stax SR-007 mk I, SR-009, SR-507, Lambda Nova Sig.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Diagnosing Harsh / Metallic setup. Formerly: Choosing between... 26 seconds ago
- › Stax: SR 002 + Srm 002 and Srm 003 mk2 + Srm 003 impression and... 46 seconds ago
- › FS (EU only): Little Dot MK II 3 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 6 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 7 minutes ago
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...