Most electrostats are quite good at pulling the disappearing trick, but yes, the 009 is one of the very best at this.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Stax thread (New) Last post on 8/20/13 at 12:45am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones in the world Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB- Stax SR-009 or SR-007 Omega Mk1 Electrostatic Headphones Last post on 7/19/13 at 3:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 6/23/16 at 3:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble: Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing...
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
Pairing notes: Cavalli LL, Woo WA-5 w/ WEE, First Watt F1, HE6, Jade, Stax SR-007 mk I, SR-009, SR-507, Lambda Nova Sig. - Page 3post #31 of 387/7/12 at 7:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 387/8/12 at 1:36amQuote:
QUite good yes...but don't do it so completely like the 009. at least not in my experience.
The HE90 was also one such headphone.post #33 of 387/8/12 at 2:26ampost #34 of 387/8/12 at 4:33ampost #35 of 387/8/12 at 2:25pmQuote:
Taboo is 12AT7 driving EL84 with 5U4 tube rectification in single-ended pentode mode. Can't really see it sounding bad with WEE/SR009.post #36 of 387/9/12 at 11:38amQuote:
Thanks for the input. Jon L . I hope I get a good deal for the WEE, so I can try it with the Taboo.post #37 of 387/10/12 at 9:20pmI want share my set up for Stax Sr 009 plus Srm 727 mk 2
With these combo above to my Stax Sr 009 sound quality is already good
For better Sound Quality I add pre amp to my set up above like
Eximus Dp 1 as DAC amp and pre amp
For the MAXX set up I used my tube pre amp from Germany T + A. P 10.2
Please see my set up below in this thread :
http://www.head-fi.org/t/608775/impression-stax-sr-007-mk2-and-sr-009-srm-727-mk2-as-active-speaker-drive-with-tube-pre-amp-t-a-p-10-2post #38 of 387/11/12 at 7:51am
Question to Rudi or anyone else: are you actually hearing any improvements when using the 727A as a direct power amp with the Eximus?
And, if so, is the difference really palpable?
- Pairing notes: Cavalli LL, Woo WA-5 w/ WEE, First Watt F1, HE6, Jade, Stax SR-007 mk I, SR-009, SR-507, Lambda Nova Sig.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 25 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 1 minute ago
- › M-Audio HDH50 vs M-Audio Q40 5 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 9 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 9 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 12 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 15 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 16 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 17 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...