Most electrostats are quite good at pulling the disappearing trick, but yes, the 009 is one of the very best at this.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Stax thread (New) Last post on 8/20/13 at 12:45am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones in the world Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB- Stax SR-009 or SR-007 Omega Mk1 Electrostatic Headphones Last post on 7/19/13 at 3:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
Disclaimer: The Meze 99 Classics were send to me as part of their European Tour. Impression are based on around a week of intensive usage. Preamble: First of all, welcome to another review here...
It's Zmall, it's Zpacious, it's ZuperDAC, from Zorloo - The Review Website: zorloo.com Product details and Specs: LINK MSRP: $74 To read more about the original project, you may...
DUNU TITAN 3 Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/807020/dunu-titan-3-review-by-mark2410 Brief: DUNU’s Middle...
Review: Massdrop X HIFIMAN HE350 Introduction It has been such a vibrant time in the Massdrop landscape, as they have been able to create successful collaborations with respected...
INTRODUCTION This is my 2nd product from Shozy. I purchased Shozy Alien Gold Edition and loved the product so much so that I put my sincere appreciation of releasing such a great DAP to...
Pairing notes: Cavalli LL, Woo WA-5 w/ WEE, First Watt F1, HE6, Jade, Stax SR-007 mk I, SR-009, SR-507, Lambda Nova Sig. - Page 3post #31 of 387/7/12 at 7:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 387/8/12 at 1:36amQuote:
QUite good yes...but don't do it so completely like the 009. at least not in my experience.
The HE90 was also one such headphone.post #33 of 387/8/12 at 2:26ampost #34 of 387/8/12 at 4:33ampost #35 of 387/8/12 at 2:25pmQuote:
Taboo is 12AT7 driving EL84 with 5U4 tube rectification in single-ended pentode mode. Can't really see it sounding bad with WEE/SR009.post #36 of 387/9/12 at 11:38amQuote:
Thanks for the input. Jon L . I hope I get a good deal for the WEE, so I can try it with the Taboo.post #37 of 387/10/12 at 9:20pmI want share my set up for Stax Sr 009 plus Srm 727 mk 2
With these combo above to my Stax Sr 009 sound quality is already good
For better Sound Quality I add pre amp to my set up above like
Eximus Dp 1 as DAC amp and pre amp
For the MAXX set up I used my tube pre amp from Germany T + A. P 10.2
Please see my set up below in this thread :
http://www.head-fi.org/t/608775/impression-stax-sr-007-mk2-and-sr-009-srm-727-mk2-as-active-speaker-drive-with-tube-pre-amp-t-a-p-10-2post #38 of 387/11/12 at 7:51am
Question to Rudi or anyone else: are you actually hearing any improvements when using the 727A as a direct power amp with the Eximus?
And, if so, is the difference really palpable?
- Pairing notes: Cavalli LL, Woo WA-5 w/ WEE, First Watt F1, HE6, Jade, Stax SR-007 mk I, SR-009, SR-507, Lambda Nova Sig.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Three Word Story 40 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 53 seconds ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 6 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 6 minutes ago
- › Shanling M5 9 minutes ago
- › Headphone Burn-in 11 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse