I just took a really deep breath about the LL........................
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Stax thread (New) Last post on 8/20/13 at 12:45am in High-end Audio Forum
- WTB- Stax SR-009 or SR-007 Omega Mk1 Electrostatic Headphones Last post on 7/19/13 at 3:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Amp recommandation for Stax SR507 Last post on 11/10/12 at 3:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
Pairing notes: Cavalli LL, Woo WA-5 w/ WEE, First Watt F1, HE6, Jade, Stax SR-007 mk I, SR-009,... - Page 2post #16 of 387/5/12 at 2:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 387/5/12 at 4:32pmThread Starterpost #18 of 387/5/12 at 7:06pmpost #19 of 387/5/12 at 8:05pmThread Starter
Shouldn't you be doing something else instead of posting here too? Something to do with knowledge acquisition and all?post #20 of 387/5/12 at 8:06pmQuote:
All day erryday. That's how we do.post #21 of 387/5/12 at 10:09pmpost #22 of 387/6/12 at 8:47ampost #23 of 387/6/12 at 8:49ampost #24 of 387/6/12 at 11:40amThread Starter
I would be interested in this comparison as well. I know SillySally has the SRM-727 and a 009, but don't know whether a LL has made it all the way to him.Quote:
Edited by mwilson - 7/6/12 at 11:41ampost #25 of 387/6/12 at 1:50pmI'll add (just for the heck of it)...
SR-007 Mk1 + Cary SLI-80 w/ Woo WEE
Triode mode - On the border between relaxed and too warm, not a great combination for faster material but brilliant with soft jazz, blues, and classical piano. Softer bass but full, fluid mids. The soundstage is close, more intimate, and there's a minor loss of detail in the highs, but as a consolation there's not even a hint of sibilance or harshness. This is pure ear candy without being syrupy.
Direct Linear (Pentode) mode - Lively and somewhat aggressive, bring on the hard rock and EDM. If electrostats could get angry, this is what they'd sound like. The detail is back, but along with it is some harshness. If you watch the volume, however, complex classical and acoustic pieces are a real treat. There's a wider soundstage and sharper imaging, with a slight electric shimmer, like the feeling in the air during a thunderstorm.post #26 of 387/6/12 at 6:56pmpost #27 of 387/7/12 at 1:09pm
Sorry if this might be out of topic.
I wish I could have attended the meet. I just got delivery of my SR-009 , the seller had a WEE in the box as he bought the set together, he never got to open it. Currently using an SRM-323s with the 007mk1 and the 009, but feel the 007 sound better. I do not know how to describe it, IME the sound is a bit fautiguing. Since I only bought the Stax, I am returning the WEE, but would like to know if a Decware Taboo (arriving next week) might pair better with the 009. (WEE+Taboo+009) The Taboo is intended for use with a CSP2+ and LCD2. While waiting on the Taboo I tried the Stax and fell in love.
Edited by rubenpp - 7/7/12 at 1:11pmpost #28 of 387/7/12 at 3:26pmIt's probably a combination of the source, music you listen to and listening level rather than the amp (if anything the 323S make the 009 sound more mellow ime). I strongly suspect the music is the biggest culprit (what is sounding fatiguing)? If everything sounds edgy, I would look at the source next or simply run away from the 009 (it's not always a good thing to buy a highly resolving transducer).post #29 of 387/7/12 at 4:11pmQuote:
(what is sounding fatiguing)? If everything sounds edgy
Having gone through the Describing Sound a Glossary page my experience is that the sound is a bit forward , and steely sounding , hence the fatigue. It isn't the case for everything though , I agree that it may be the source (Bifrost) and now that you mentioned it - music - especially with female vocals. I don't think it would be wise to run away from a gift , especially one from my wife . Thank you, Arnaud, for your inputs.post #30 of 387/7/12 at 4:34pm
The LL + SR009 combo is starting to grow on me. The phones just seem to disappear soon as the music starts to play. THe only way you know you are listening to headphones is cause of the pads pressing up against your cheeks. This is not the case with the SR007, i haven't ever heard it do a disappearing act like the 009. I still favor the 007 presentation a little more than the SR009. But when you are running through some fine recording material, you know you are witnessing something special with the 009s.
The delicacy conveyed with the immediacy, yet firm and heavy handed when the material calls for it. Its tantalizing i tell you!
- Pairing notes: Cavalli LL, Woo WA-5 w/ WEE, First Watt F1, HE6, Jade, Stax SR-007 mk I, SR-009, SR-507, Lambda Nova Sig.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 seconds ago
- › Modification for Beyerdynamics DT990's 39 seconds ago
- › Haven't found it yet 1 minute ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Post your computer specs!~ 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe