They sound way too recessed and S words like snake sound way too sharp, my $15 headphones sound better than this piece of crap, I've burned them in for like 3 hours now but they still sound like crap, I can't return them either because of the poor build quality they're broke already :S.
Related Forum Threads
- How does the new AKG K 540 sound? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which brand sounds the clearest with moderate to high bass? Last post on 11/7/12 at 6:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Global Force, DJ and Producer TIËSTO, Teams With AKG for New Headphone Line Last post on 10/14/12 at 8:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need help to pave my journey towards audiophiliation! Last post on 9/7/12 at 8:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share if it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Why do vocals on the AKG K540 sound so bad?post #1 of 67/4/12 at 11:29amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/4/12 at 1:52pmThread Starterpost #3 of 67/4/12 at 1:58pmpost #4 of 67/4/12 at 2:07pmThread Starterpost #5 of 67/4/12 at 3:21pmpost #6 of 67/4/12 at 3:31pm
Seems like you've been at this for quite some time, OP. Honestly, if you don't like a pair of headphones, return/sell them and move on. I understand you're mad if you paid good money and the SQ is garbage, but complaining about them isn't doing much good either, since not many people on these forums have the K540.
AKG has a 2 year warranty on all of their headphones. Might want to give that a shot.
- Why do vocals on the AKG K540 sound so bad?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 52 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 56 seconds ago
- › Any old fart head-fi'ers still around? 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a small dorm speaker/sub combo. Budget-$300 1 minute ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Essence STX useres 4 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)