They sound way too recessed and S words like snake sound way too sharp, my $15 headphones sound better than this piece of crap, I've burned them in for like 3 hours now but they still sound like crap, I can't return them either because of the poor build quality they're broke already :S.
Related Forum Threads
- How does the new AKG K 540 sound? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which brand sounds the clearest with moderate to high bass? Last post on 11/7/12 at 6:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Global Force, DJ and Producer TIËSTO, Teams With AKG for New Headphone Line Last post on 10/14/12 at 8:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need help to pave my journey towards audiophiliation! Last post on 9/7/12 at 8:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
After owning the PS Audio PWD II for six months, most recently running firmware version 2.4.6 (which is the best I tried), I wanted to move to a dac/preamp solution that would include analog inputs...
Prior to owning the Ref 1, Tralucent Audio was primarily known to me for it Uber cable as well as its silver/gold cable. I own both cables terminated for Fitear customs. I have had the Ref 1...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
Why do vocals on the AKG K540 sound so bad?post #1 of 67/4/12 at 11:29amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 67/4/12 at 1:52pmThread Starterpost #3 of 67/4/12 at 1:58pmpost #4 of 67/4/12 at 2:07pmThread Starterpost #5 of 67/4/12 at 3:21pmpost #6 of 67/4/12 at 3:31pm
Seems like you've been at this for quite some time, OP. Honestly, if you don't like a pair of headphones, return/sell them and move on. I understand you're mad if you paid good money and the SQ is garbage, but complaining about them isn't doing much good either, since not many people on these forums have the K540.
AKG has a 2 year warranty on all of their headphones. Might want to give that a shot.
- Why do vocals on the AKG K540 sound so bad?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FS: Sennheiser HD-800 Headphones Complete 11 seconds ago
- › ECP Audio - DSHA-1, L-2, Black Diamond 19 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 32 seconds ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014 42 seconds ago
- › Grado Labs NEW e series headphones and loaner program! 52 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › Need help in deciding on a pair of headphones 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › The best headphones that give you a real fun experience when... 3 minutes ago
- › Grace Design m920 by boatheelmusic
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kiats
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)