They sound way too recessed and S words like snake sound way too sharp, my $15 headphones sound better than this piece of crap, I've burned them in for like 3 hours now but they still sound like crap, I can't return them either because of the poor build quality they're broke already :S.
Related Forum Threads
- How does the new AKG K 540 sound? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which brand sounds the clearest with moderate to high bass? Last post on 11/7/12 at 6:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Global Force, DJ and Producer TIËSTO, Teams With AKG for New Headphone Line Last post on 10/14/12 at 8:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need help to pave my journey towards audiophiliation! Last post on 9/7/12 at 8:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
Why do vocals on the AKG K540 sound so bad?post #1 of 67/4/12 at 11:29amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/4/12 at 1:52pmThread Starterpost #3 of 67/4/12 at 1:58pmpost #4 of 67/4/12 at 2:07pmThread Starterpost #5 of 67/4/12 at 3:21pmpost #6 of 67/4/12 at 3:31pm
Seems like you've been at this for quite some time, OP. Honestly, if you don't like a pair of headphones, return/sell them and move on. I understand you're mad if you paid good money and the SQ is garbage, but complaining about them isn't doing much good either, since not many people on these forums have the K540.
AKG has a 2 year warranty on all of their headphones. Might want to give that a shot.
- Why do vocals on the AKG K540 sound so bad?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 11 seconds ago
- › Close listening, majorly for games, a little bit of music and... 39 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 47 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 48 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 50 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 54 seconds ago
- › Discussion of a niche 'PURE-Transport' DAP (to serve digital... 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)