They sound way too recessed and S words like snake sound way too sharp, my $15 headphones sound better than this piece of crap, I've burned them in for like 3 hours now but they still sound like crap, I can't return them either because of the poor build quality they're broke already :S.
Related Forum Threads
- How does the new AKG K 540 sound? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which brand sounds the clearest with moderate to high bass? Last post on 11/7/12 at 6:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Global Force, DJ and Producer TIËSTO, Teams With AKG for New Headphone Line Last post on 10/14/12 at 8:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need help to pave my journey towards audiophiliation! Last post on 9/7/12 at 8:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review to come when i have some time. Bottom line is, if you can pick these up on sale, they are a good buy for what they are. They are fairly comfortable, have ample bass which sadly lacks a...
Okay, these are my thoughts after a few hours. I recognize that's it's only been a few hours, but my opinion rarely changes with additional time. Initial Impressions: As has been...
I recently parted with my V-Moda Crossfade M-100 DJ Headphones and decided to move into something new. I had heard a lot about the Sennheiser HD 8 DJ and had a chance to own a pair for a Discount...
To be able to value my review I think it is important to mention some things about my preferences and experience with audio equipment and writing reviews. This is my first review for audio gear and...
Hifiman EF2A Review Overview:This is my first headphone amp review and I'm just going to review the amp section of this headphone amp as the DAC is nothing special, a bit better than most computer...
Why do vocals on the AKG K540 sound so bad?post #1 of 67/4/12 at 11:29amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/4/12 at 1:52pmThread Starterpost #3 of 67/4/12 at 1:58pmpost #4 of 67/4/12 at 2:07pmThread Starterpost #5 of 67/4/12 at 3:21pmpost #6 of 67/4/12 at 3:31pm
Seems like you've been at this for quite some time, OP. Honestly, if you don't like a pair of headphones, return/sell them and move on. I understand you're mad if you paid good money and the SQ is garbage, but complaining about them isn't doing much good either, since not many people on these forums have the K540.
AKG has a 2 year warranty on all of their headphones. Might want to give that a shot.
- Why do vocals on the AKG K540 sound so bad?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 39 seconds ago
- › Lightweight cans with good isolation for listening whilst studying 40 seconds ago
- › Please help?? ibasso DX90 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU Head FI Contact account change notice 4 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo... 5 minutes ago
- › Ortofon e-Q8 Impressions Thread (new 2014 successor of the e-Q7 /... 5 minutes ago
- › Help with an IEM USB DAC/Amp 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kman1211
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by MarcadoStalker7
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by gopats1479
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by Hi-Fi'er
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)