They sound way too recessed and S words like snake sound way too sharp, my $15 headphones sound better than this piece of crap, I've burned them in for like 3 hours now but they still sound like crap, I can't return them either because of the poor build quality they're broke already :S.
Related Forum Threads
- How does the new AKG K 540 sound? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which brand sounds the clearest with moderate to high bass? Last post on 11/7/12 at 6:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Global Force, DJ and Producer TIËSTO, Teams With AKG for New Headphone Line Last post on 10/14/12 at 8:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need help to pave my journey towards audiophiliation! Last post on 9/7/12 at 8:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
okay i am putting up this review after a lot of usage with these so called"garbage bin miracles". 1.packaging-simple,nothing wonderous here,and custom accesories 2.cable-seriously a let down but...
Why do vocals on the AKG K540 sound so bad?post #1 of 67/4/12 at 11:29amThread Starterpost #2 of 67/4/12 at 1:52pmThread Starterpost #3 of 67/4/12 at 1:58pmpost #4 of 67/4/12 at 2:07pmThread Starterpost #5 of 67/4/12 at 3:21pmpost #6 of 67/4/12 at 3:31pm
Seems like you've been at this for quite some time, OP. Honestly, if you don't like a pair of headphones, return/sell them and move on. I understand you're mad if you paid good money and the SQ is garbage, but complaining about them isn't doing much good either, since not many people on these forums have the K540.
AKG has a 2 year warranty on all of their headphones. Might want to give that a shot.
- Why do vocals on the AKG K540 sound so bad?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 27 seconds ago
- › New Sony EX450 and EX650. 2 minutes ago
- › Celsus Sound Companion One, 32/384 USB, iOS/Android, 24/192 Wi-Fi... 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 Seattle Redhook Meet impressions 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Enjoy 25% off - Sennheiser MOMENTUM Ingress! 6 minutes ago
- › Portable spectrum analyzer? 6 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 8 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by dancho
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by HUM24H
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3