Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback - Page 15

post #211 of 324

Will you non V-Moda fanboys try and by the  pre production models as soon as it is released for us? Or, will you guys wait til the official release after all the madness has died down?

post #212 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Will you non V-Moda fanboys try and by the  pre production models as soon as it is released for us? Or, will you guys wait til the official release after all the madness has died down?


I will be buying the M-100 PPU as soon as they are available.  I was tempted to buy the new Denon AH-D600 which is already being discounted on Amazon for $400, but want to wait on that one for some reviews.

post #213 of 324

I will still buy them whenever they come to a store in my area

post #214 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Will you non V-Moda fanboys try and by the  pre production models as soon as it is released for us? Or, will you guys wait til the official release after all the madness has died down?


I'm going to try and get one. At the moment I love my Shure SRH940, which is completely different from what the M-100's will offer despite them having a similar price tag.

 

The SRH940's have a very analytical sound, which is nice for some genres of music. However, now I'm getting into electronic and synthpop, so a more "musical" or bassy headphone would be a nice addition to my gear.

 

Not only that, the M-100's seem to be very portable and robust. The SRH940's are fairly portable as well (being able to fold up similar to the M-100's), but are made of a plastic material that tends to crack.


Edited by miceblue - 7/31/12 at 11:21pm
post #215 of 324

I like my M80s so far, but still finding a reason to justify buying another headphone. Spending another 300 on anything, not just headphones, is something for me to consider. Then again, 300 isn't that much on this forum is it?

post #216 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

I like my M80s so far, but still finding a reason to justify buying another headphone. Spending another 300 on anything, not just headphones, is something for me to consider. Then again, 300 isn't that much on this forum is it?

 

No I completely agree with you. I've been thinking "do I really need another pair of headphones?"...

 

I've been thinking that since my current headphones aren't really meant for portable-use (as in during bus commutes, listening to music at school, etc), maybe it will be worth it to invest in a more portable headphone. After all, a [slightly] bassy headphone is better suited for the portable/on-the-go/transit consumer.

 

If you like the M80's, I don't see a reason to spend $300 on a headphone that is essentially just a slight upgrade.


Edited by miceblue - 8/1/12 at 2:29am
post #217 of 324
post #218 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

I like my M80s so far, but still finding a reason to justify buying another headphone. Spending another 300 on anything, not just headphones, is something for me to consider. Then again, 300 isn't that much on this forum is it?

 

Which is why I'll be selling my M-80s and my KRKs in order to get the M-100s. I realized I need to settle on 1 circumaural, closed headphone to fit all my needs. Bought the KRKs first, and generally like them, but decided I wanted something more fun. I also wanted something more portable to walk around with, so thinking fun+portable I bought the M-80s. Realized I don't like walking around with headphones on at all, so now I think I'll sell both to get the M-100s, which should be fun and portable when I need them to be (not walking around, but in a library or on the train). I see a need for only 1 nice headphone.

post #219 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

 

No I completely agree with you. I've been thinking "do I really need another pair of headphones?"...

 

I've been thinking that since my current headphones aren't really meant for portable-use (as in during bus commutes, listening to music at school, etc), maybe it will be worth it to invest in a more portable headphone. After all, a [slightly] bassy headphone is better suited for the portable/on-the-go/transit consumer.

 

If you like the M80's, I don't see a reason to spend $300 on a headphone that is essentially just a slight upgrade.

Well that depends if it really is just a "slight" upgrade or not right? I'm actually hoping that the M100s are not vastly better sounding than the M80s. That way, I won't have to spend more money :D. But I guess, if it ends up being that way, I may as well sell my M80s and buy the M100s. 

post #220 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

 

No I completely agree with you. I've been thinking "do I really need another pair of headphones?"...

 

 

This question always ends in a YES. My poor wallet.. triportsad.gif

post #221 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

 

No I completely agree with you. I've been thinking "do I really need another pair of headphones?"...

 

I've been thinking that since my current headphones aren't really meant for portable-use (as in during bus commutes, listening to music at school, etc), maybe it will be worth it to invest in a more portable headphone. After all, a [slightly] bassy headphone is better suited for the portable/on-the-go/transit consumer.

 

If you like the M80's, I don't see a reason to spend $300 on a headphone that is essentially just a slight upgrade.

Uhhh yes. The answer is yes. It always has been and always will be.

post #222 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

 

No I completely agree with you. I've been thinking "do I really need another pair of headphones?"...

 

I've been thinking that since my current headphones aren't really meant for portable-use (as in during bus commutes, listening to music at school, etc), maybe it will be worth it to invest in a more portable headphone. After all, a [slightly] bassy headphone is better suited for the portable/on-the-go/transit consumer.

 

If you like the M80's, I don't see a reason to spend $300 on a headphone that is essentially just a slight upgrade.

 

I see your point but for me personally I would get the M100 just solely for the fact that it is circumaural.  I loved the sound that came from the M80's but in the end they hurt too much to use since they were supra-aural.

 

I do find it hard to justify spending an extra 100 bucks for just a slight upgrade in SQ though.

post #223 of 324
I'm hoping it will be more than just a slight upgrade.
post #224 of 324

Honestly if you ask me, a little bit can go a long way with these.  Of course diminishing returns probably will play a bit of a factor, but if they were to add a bit more sparkle to the highs and a bit more rumble in the lows, that could really go a long way to making them a lot better.

post #225 of 324

I don't know where this "slight upgrade" conjecture came from in the first place.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback