Originally Posted by Griploc
Rendering the session will be converted through my interface and passed through my usb cables into my computer
You've fed us some information in small bites. It would be better if you could summarize your protocol as follows
1. What is the fixed value that we start with (it must be verifiaby and exactly the same for all conditions) for instance the source such as a source file in a given format played back on a device
2. What is the role of the independent variable (i.e cable)
3. How does the cable interact with the fixed value i.e does it connect between the source and the input of a PC
4. What happens next? Is the transmitted signal recorded using some software - how do you account for random variation between multiple recordings of the same signal. When you digitally capture an analog signal you get variation from trial to trial. With a digital to digital capture this is less likely but you still need to make sure you know how much random variation there is. In my cable trials I recorded signals from each cable 10 times and could average out variation. I'd recommend a similar approach. This also involves extremely careful cropping and trimming of recorded samples.
5 Assuming there are no big random variations how will you measure the differences between the two conditions.
6. If you are going to DBT samples I suggest no less than 15 trials
7. Will you be posting short (fair use ) samples for others to evaluate ?
The overarching principle is that only one variable is changed at a time and all other variables remain the same, easier said than done....