Hi everyone. I am using a shure se215 IEMs which i got 3 weeks ago and i love them. I am planning to buy a new pair of closed back headphones but im confused. I mostly listen to rock (all kinds of sub genres of rock). I want a punchy & correct bass but not overpowering the mids and the highs. The only model in my mind right now is the shure SRH440 coz i only have $100-150 budget range. Please give me some other options considering these parameters... Thanks in advance...
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/6/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 7/6/12
- productKoss Pro DJ 200tagged by System, 7/6/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/6/12
- productSennheiser HD 518tagged by System, 7/6/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/6/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/6/12
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 7/6/12
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 7/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a cheap but durable pair for my dad: under $100. Last post on 7/5/12 at 10:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphone for me Last post on 6/22/12 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hey, new here, came for some advice Last post on 8/14/11 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Didn't Care for XB500, what to get instead? Last post on 3/3/11 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
...need some advice for buying a new over the ear head phones...post #1 of 147/3/12 at 10:48pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 147/4/12 at 1:04am
i have the koss tbse1 which is said to sound identical to the dj100 and dj200, those are in your price range. to me, it has a slight forward mid, the bass is present but never overwhelming. the earpads can be a problem though but check them out, maybe they are what you wantpost #3 of 147/4/12 at 1:59amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by reddragon
i have the koss tbse1 which is said to sound identical to the dj100 and dj200, those are in your price range. to me, it has a slight forward mid, the bass is present but never overwhelming. the earpads can be a problem though but check them out, maybe they are what you wantpost #4 of 147/4/12 at 2:12ampost #5 of 147/4/12 at 3:09amThread Starterpost #6 of 147/4/12 at 3:16am
also go check out the sony zx700, i dont have it myself though have demoed it in best buy. at that time, i had nothing good as a source, used only my android phone and my vague memory of it was it had less bass than the xb500 next to it and the overall sound signature was fairly neutral and rich. if you can, go listen to it yourself because my memory of it was very very vague. i , however, own the z1000 (discontinued model which was 1 step up from the zx700 and was the flagship before being discontinued) and i think they may sound similar and the z1000 may just be a bit more detailed and everything may just be a bit better. if its very close to the z1000, then ill tell you to GET IT NOW!!!
Edited by reddragon - 7/4/12 at 3:20ampost #7 of 147/4/12 at 3:18amQuote:
closed provides more noise isolation and sound leakage generally and open usually allows better soundstage but will leak sound and does isolate. basically closed, you can use for portable and home. open you can only use it for home.post #8 of 147/4/12 at 4:24amThread Starterpost #9 of 147/4/12 at 6:54am
Did you read his post carefully? He was recommending you the ZX700 because he thinks it might sound like the 1000.
Closed vs open: If you're using it on the go, never ever consider open.
M50 and 440 are a bit big to carry everywhere. Try this: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-ear-pad-sealedpost #10 of 147/5/12 at 12:00amThread Starter
if we focus on performance only, ruling out the size or brand, which closed back headphone is the best option in the 100-150 price range?post #11 of 147/5/12 at 12:06amQuote:
it really depends on what you want and personal opinion... i may like A better, you may like B better, that kind of thing...post #12 of 147/5/12 at 12:18am
OP: sorry, I didn't see the budget in your first post. Have you read the article I linked you to? There are some closed cans for <$150 discussed there.
Also, what reddragon says is absolutely correct--the "best" headphone tends to be a subjective matter. If you're simply asking for the "best" at price $X, I think you're going about it the wrong way. I'd suggest starting with the article I linked, then/or searching the forums for something like "closed $100 rock"post #13 of 147/5/12 at 12:21amThread Starter
- ...need some advice for buying a new over the ear head phones...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 10 seconds ago
- › Xonar Essense stx Random LOUD high pitched Ringing Noise? 22 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Review by mark2410 53 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 1 minute ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Gr10e piano distortion 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...