Hi everyone. I am using a shure se215 IEMs which i got 3 weeks ago and i love them. I am planning to buy a new pair of closed back headphones but im confused. I mostly listen to rock (all kinds of sub genres of rock). I want a punchy & correct bass but not overpowering the mids and the highs. The only model in my mind right now is the shure SRH440 coz i only have $100-150 budget range. Please give me some other options considering these parameters... Thanks in advance...
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/6/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 7/6/12
- productKoss Pro DJ 200tagged by System, 7/6/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/6/12
- productSennheiser HD-518tagged by System, 7/6/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/6/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/6/12
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 7/6/12
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 7/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a cheap but durable pair for my dad: under $100. Last post on 7/5/12 at 10:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphone for me Last post on 6/22/12 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hey, new here, came for some advice Last post on 8/14/11 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Didn't Care for XB500, what to get instead? Last post on 3/3/11 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
...need some advice for buying a new over the ear head phones...post #1 of 147/3/12 at 10:48pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 147/4/12 at 1:04am
i have the koss tbse1 which is said to sound identical to the dj100 and dj200, those are in your price range. to me, it has a slight forward mid, the bass is present but never overwhelming. the earpads can be a problem though but check them out, maybe they are what you wantpost #3 of 147/4/12 at 1:59amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by reddragon
i have the koss tbse1 which is said to sound identical to the dj100 and dj200, those are in your price range. to me, it has a slight forward mid, the bass is present but never overwhelming. the earpads can be a problem though but check them out, maybe they are what you wantpost #4 of 147/4/12 at 2:12ampost #5 of 147/4/12 at 3:09amThread Starterpost #6 of 147/4/12 at 3:16am
also go check out the sony zx700, i dont have it myself though have demoed it in best buy. at that time, i had nothing good as a source, used only my android phone and my vague memory of it was it had less bass than the xb500 next to it and the overall sound signature was fairly neutral and rich. if you can, go listen to it yourself because my memory of it was very very vague. i , however, own the z1000 (discontinued model which was 1 step up from the zx700 and was the flagship before being discontinued) and i think they may sound similar and the z1000 may just be a bit more detailed and everything may just be a bit better. if its very close to the z1000, then ill tell you to GET IT NOW!!!
Edited by reddragon - 7/4/12 at 3:20ampost #7 of 147/4/12 at 3:18amQuote:
closed provides more noise isolation and sound leakage generally and open usually allows better soundstage but will leak sound and does isolate. basically closed, you can use for portable and home. open you can only use it for home.post #8 of 147/4/12 at 4:24amThread Starterpost #9 of 147/4/12 at 6:54am
Did you read his post carefully? He was recommending you the ZX700 because he thinks it might sound like the 1000.
Closed vs open: If you're using it on the go, never ever consider open.
M50 and 440 are a bit big to carry everywhere. Try this: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-ear-pad-sealedpost #10 of 147/5/12 at 12:00amThread Starter
if we focus on performance only, ruling out the size or brand, which closed back headphone is the best option in the 100-150 price range?post #11 of 147/5/12 at 12:06amQuote:
it really depends on what you want and personal opinion... i may like A better, you may like B better, that kind of thing...post #12 of 147/5/12 at 12:18am
OP: sorry, I didn't see the budget in your first post. Have you read the article I linked you to? There are some closed cans for <$150 discussed there.
Also, what reddragon says is absolutely correct--the "best" headphone tends to be a subjective matter. If you're simply asking for the "best" at price $X, I think you're going about it the wrong way. I'd suggest starting with the article I linked, then/or searching the forums for something like "closed $100 rock"post #13 of 147/5/12 at 12:21amThread Starter
- ...need some advice for buying a new over the ear head phones...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 19 seconds ago
- › Need help determining if my new Ultimate Ears Custom In-Ear... 55 seconds ago
- › O2 headamp output booster & modification PCB 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE400 ( mint + unused velour and canare cables ) 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › HD600 and Toxic cables 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob