Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [Need Advice] Movie Cans w/Amp For $400<
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Need Advice] Movie Cans w/Amp For $400<

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

i would like movie cans that make you feel like your in a theater. i also would like to hear things in the distant you would not normally hear and hear voices clearer also in the distant if they are in the background or not on screen.

 

 

 

i watch most movies on my macbook at home so i would like a pair of headphones for just movie watching. i aslo dont have to worry about leaked noises so any headphones will do.

 

 

 

i would like headphones with an amp included for $400< but if a $500 headphone included with an amp is just a beast compared to the $400 headphones then that is the only time i will pay an extra $100.

 

 

 

 

i would like to thank anybody who helps me in advance and please include an amp with the headphone you suggest. thank you again. i'm sorry if this has posted b4 but i want to make sure cause all the posts i read are really old and im not sure if they are still the best out there now.

post #2 of 6

Beyerdynamic DT 990 (not sure what amp pairs best with this headphone; especially considering the impedance you choose, as there are several options)

 

or

 

Denon AH D5000 (doesn't need an amp, but a Little Dot I+ will benefit if it's in your budget)

post #3 of 6

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250-Ohm headphones.

 

Amplifiers

Littlie Dot 1 + Hybrid

Fiio E9

post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250-Ohm headphones.

 

Amplifiers

Littlie Dot 1 + Hybrid

Fiio E9


the Little Dot I+ is best for low impedance cans, not the 250 ohm 990's.

post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee inthe Attic View Post

Beyerdynamic DT 990 (not sure what amp pairs best with this headphone; especially considering the impedance you choose, as there are several options)

 

or

 

Denon AH D5000 (doesn't need an amp, but a Little Dot I+ will benefit if it's in your budget)


the Denon AH D5000 plus the Little Dot 1+ is about $600 which is past my budget. i dont mind buying it later on in the future though when i save up enough money. the beyerdynamic DT990 is in my price range but i would like to know if the Denon AH D5000 is worth the price compared to the DT 990. Should i save up some more money and wait for the AH D5000 is my question?

post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballin AZN View Post


the Denon AH D5000 plus the Little Dot 1+ is about $600 which is past my budget. i dont mind buying it later on in the future though when i save up enough money. the beyerdynamic DT990 is in my price range but i would like to know if the Denon AH D5000 is worth the price compared to the DT 990. Should i save up some more money and wait for the AH D5000 is my question?


the denon is being discontinued, so it might become harder to find later on.

with that said, they do not require an amp at all. if you can find these within your budget, i'd get them (without an amp), over the DT990 (with an amp).

another option is the denon ah d2000. these aren't as refined as the d5000, but still very good cans that might fit your budget a bit better.

i'd recommend putting all of your money into a headphone purchase, over getting an amp at this point.

 

the dt990's are very good headphones too, and deliver that large cinematic sound for movies. the dt 990 pro 250-ohm version can be found for under $200, which leaves you with enough money to buy an amp - the fiio e9 is a good starter amp for about $100.

 

so the choice is yours: denon d2000 or d5000 (i'd recommend either of these first if you can find a good price, no amp needed) OR the beyer dt 990 pro-250ohm & fiio e9 for ~$300.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [Need Advice] Movie Cans w/Amp For $400<