I am relatively new to the whole headphone scene. I have some Audio-Technica M-50. Need help on an amplifier if I need one. Needs to be pretty portable.
Related Forum Threads
- does an amplifier work well eith an ipod nano 6th gen and the aduio technicia ath-m50s? Last post on 6/23/12 at 12:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for Cheap portable amp Last post on 9/13/14 at 8:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Recommend an amp that can be charged while in use Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need more bass for ATH-M50? fiio e11? Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s...
- Headphone Impedance
Need help deciding on what headphone amp to get.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 4
7/4/12 at 2:06am
post #3 of 4
7/4/12 at 2:44am
post #4 of 4
7/4/12 at 2:49am
Fiio E6 would run 80 ohms just fine. E11 would better if within your price range.
- Need help deciding on what headphone amp to get.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3479 Active Users (654 Members and 2825 Guests)
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 11 seconds ago
- › Initial Impressions: Not sold on the Blue Mo-Fi quite yet 23 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 24 seconds ago
- › Destiny 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 1 minute ago
- › e09k to the astro mixamp? 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)