Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA Shield Design Discussion - Page 48

post #706 of 896

Has anyone had any issues with V-MODA screwing up their custom artwork? I received an order today and they did a really poor job. I send them an entirely black and white proof, with the black parts intended to be engraved, and white to be background color. This is the same as every example on their website. For some reason, they chose to engrave some black parts, and then in other spots they engraved white parts and left black bits as background. So some stuff is engraved that shouldn't be, other still is missing that should have been. It was meant to be a gift for my recently deployed wife, and it's sort of **** and I'm really bummed about it. 

 

I e-mailed them, and have yet to hear back. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. 

post #707 of 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Schwartzman View Post
 

Has anyone had any issues with V-MODA screwing up their custom artwork? I received an order today and they did a really poor job. I send them an entirely black and white proof, with the black parts intended to be engraved, and white to be background color. This is the same as every example on their website. For some reason, they chose to engrave some black parts, and then in other spots they engraved white parts and left black bits as background. So some stuff is engraved that shouldn't be, other still is missing that should have been. It was meant to be a gift for my recently deployed wife, and it's sort of **** and I'm really bummed about it. 

 

I e-mailed them, and have yet to hear back. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. 

if you're gettin em as a gift, i wld recommend gettin the xl pads with it as well. they are kinda uncomfy for a lot of ppl w/o the pads hahah

post #708 of 896

She's already used the headphones, and likes them. I thought they were uncomfortable too, but my wife is really tiny, so they fit her well. 

post #709 of 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Schwartzman View Post
 

Has anyone had any issues with V-MODA screwing up their custom artwork? I received an order today and they did a really poor job. I send them an entirely black and white proof, with the black parts intended to be engraved, and white to be background color. This is the same as every example on their website. For some reason, they chose to engrave some black parts, and then in other spots they engraved white parts and left black bits as background. So some stuff is engraved that shouldn't be, other still is missing that should have been. It was meant to be a gift for my recently deployed wife, and it's sort of **** and I'm really bummed about it. 

 

I e-mailed them, and have yet to hear back. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. 

i'm sorry man.

going through the thread i haven't seen this happen at all

i've ordered custom shields twice and it hasn't happened to me.

what was the image that you were trying to get on a shield?

post #710 of 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdguy500 View Post
 

i'm sorry man.

going through the thread i haven't seen this happen at all

i've ordered custom shields twice and it hasn't happened to me.

what was the image that you were trying to get on a shield?

Here's my template vs actual...

 

You can see that the two outer rings and the N,E,S,W of the compass are black, and etched, like they should be. But with the points of the nautical star, it's the white that was engraved, and the black is missing. But all the detail is in the black, so now each point is essential only a half by missing the outline. The eye itself is also in inverted. The white of the eye is engraved, the pupil is not. And really, the actual eye doesn't look bad (but it still shouldn't have been done that way.) The points on the nautical star are awful though, and I see no reason for them to have inverted the engraving. And if there was a reason why this needed to be, I should have been informed, because I would have fixed it or not ordered. Also, they are supposed to be purple. There is a veeery slight purple tint to them, but if I took a poll, every single seeing person on the planet would call this blue. They certainly aren't the color purple the website suggests. 

 

I showed her a picture last night and she was really bummed how it came out. Really disappointing since this was to be her first gift after getting there, and I wanted her to really like it. But it's just not what I ordered. I'm hoping V-Moda will agree and re-do it, but I'm worried I'm going to get fed some "custom order... results may very..." nonsense. We'll see. 

 

 

 


Edited by Gil Schwartzman - 2/2/14 at 4:21am
post #711 of 896
Accidental double post
Edited by weirdguy500 - 2/2/14 at 9:19am
post #712 of 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Schwartzman View Post

Here's my template vs actual...

You can see that the two outer rings and the N,E,S,W of the compass are black, and etched, like they should be. But with the points of the nautical star, it's the white that was engraved, and the black is missing. But all the detail is in the black, so now each point is essential only a half by missing the outline. The eye itself is also in inverted. The white of the eye is engraved, the pupil is not. And really, the actual eye doesn't look bad (but it still shouldn't have been done that way.) The points on the nautical star are awful though, and I see no reason for them to have inverted the engraving. And if there was a reason why this needed to be, I should have been informed, because I would have fixed it or not ordered. Also, they are supposed to be purple. There is a veeery slight purple tint to them, but if I took a poll, every single seeing person on the planet would call this blue. They certainly aren't the color purple the website suggests. 

I showed her a picture last night and she was really bummed how it came out. Really disappointing since this was to be her first gift after getting there, and I wanted her to really like it. But it's just not what I ordered. I'm hoping V-Moda will agree and re-do it, but I'm worried I'm going to get fed some "custom order... results may very..." nonsense. We'll see. 



 

They should send you a new shield. My portal shields were messed up slightly when i first got them(not to that extent, but part of the top of my engraving was cut off) They sent me a new pair that were correct free of charge.
I was told it might have been someone new running the machine and they didn't let it warm up.
And also, when they engrave, they don't take your exact image, someone has to re-do the image for the engraving machine.(i think, cause the guy i talked to when i got two shield designs at one time said he had to do something with them before they could get engraved. I would think there would be human error and things may fet lost in translation.)
Did you contact them through the customer support on the website?
There is also a person you can contact that personally works the shield engraving.
Edited by weirdguy500 - 2/2/14 at 9:14am
post #713 of 896

I sent them an email, but no reply. Not surprising as it's the weekend. Hopefully they have something to say tomorrow. 

post #714 of 896

I've heard that they have amazing support so I wouldn't worry.

post #715 of 896

Got an e-mail back today saying they would try again. Fingers crossed!

post #716 of 896

Do you guys think they could do this?

post #717 of 896

@coachharpo yes they will be able to do it but you might lose a little detail in his hair, but I like it

post #718 of 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVal View Post
 

@coachharpo yes they will be able to do it but you might lose a little detail in his hair, but I like it

Thanks for the reply. I'll order them and we'll see what happens.

post #719 of 896

Wanted to pop back in and say I'm really impressed with V-Moda. The guy who does the engravings sent me an e-mail today. He actually went and engraved two different shields for me. One was 100% exactly my drawing, the other was a slightly tweaked version where just the pupil and eye whites were inverted, and the rest was left as is, and no detail in the drawing was lost. Well, this time they nailed it, their modified version looked absolutely brilliant. This time around I think my wife will be really pleased, and I appreciate V-Moda taking the time to get it right. 

post #720 of 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Schwartzman View Post
 

Wanted to pop back in and say I'm really impressed with V-Moda. The guy who does the engravings sent me an e-mail today. He actually went and engraved two different shields for me. One was 100% exactly my drawing, the other was a slightly tweaked version where just the pupil and eye whites were inverted, and the rest was left as is, and no detail in the drawing was lost. Well, this time they nailed it, their modified version looked absolutely brilliant. This time around I think my wife will be really pleased, and I appreciate V-Moda taking the time to get it right. 

In my experience, their customer service has always been spot on. Do you have any pics of the new shields?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion