Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA Shield Design Discussion - Page 41

post #601 of 1079

I'm looking to put this design on my M-80's, anyone have any feedback? The original image of the design itself was already pretty low-res, but I upped the DPI using my basic GIMP editor skills. I'm concerned that the intricacies of the image won't be engraved properly. I have the white M-80's and I plan to have this engraved on a 'brushed black' shield.

This is my first time posting on this forum so I cannot directly post an image. I have been taking a look around this thread for while, looking at the designs people have uploaded. I'm finally convinced that the fairly steep price for custom shields is actually worth it.


Thanks for your time, thread.

post #602 of 1079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman5293 View Post
 

What do you guys think of this?

 

 

 

I plan on getting this design put on gloss black shields for my Shadow M-100s.

 

You can never go wrong with Celtic knot-esque designs IMO.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGatsby View Post

 

 

 

Mine just arrived!

 

Did you make two designs for one pair of shields (for a single order)?

post #603 of 1079
Can anyone take the picure inside this and transfer it to a crossfade lp shield template? And also heighten the resolution if possible. Thanks!
post #604 of 1079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephiritrix View Post

Can anyone take the picure inside this and transfer it to a crossfade lp shield template? And also heighten the resolution if possible. Thanks!

post #605 of 1079

Hi, Im new and I wanted to do some custom shields for my headphones and I wanted some opinions before I decide on it.

 

right ear: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jz64h39pu0qgdjc/on-ear-shield-blank-template_illustrator%20right%20ear.jpg

 

Left ear: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zb60yedfcfjobv/on-ear-shield-blank-template_illustrator_cs41.jpg

post #606 of 1079
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post


Thanks!
post #607 of 1079
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemistgunner View Post

Hi, Im new and I wanted to do some custom shields for my headphones and I wanted some opinions before I decide on it.

right ear: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jz64h39pu0qgdjc/on-ear-shield-blank-template_illustrator%20right%20ear.jpg

Left ear: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zb60yedfcfjobv/on-ear-shield-blank-template_illustrator_cs41.jpg

Bleach and Fairy Tail. wink.gif
Both pretty cool logos, although I would personally go with the same logo for both sides.
post #608 of 1079

Got my new shields installed!

 

BGuCl6E.jpg

3QOfTFM.jpg

post #609 of 1079

That's sharp, and really white.

post #610 of 1079

Yes very cool!

post #611 of 1079

Hi,

 

Does anyone know if the picture from the link violate any copyrights? i would like to engrave them on the m100 shield.

All should be ok, right?

 

http://www.wall321.com/thumbnails/detail/20121111/lupus%20gregory%20house%20house%20md%201920x1200%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_3.jpg

post #612 of 1079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragos02 View Post
 

Hi,

 

Does anyone know if the picture from the link violate any copyrights? i would like to engrave them on the m100 shield.

All should be ok, right?

 

http://www.wall321.com/thumbnails/detail/20121111/lupus%20gregory%20house%20house%20md%201920x1200%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_3.jpg

 

...I think this falls under either de minimis or fair use as either a parody or transformative work, but IANAL, so I'd ask someone else.


Edited by JbstormburstADV - 9/30/13 at 5:58pm
post #613 of 1079

Hey,

I recently got the V Moda M100's.

I''ve got the Matt Black edition and wanted to order a pair of custom shields.

First of all, I was wondering if Crimson Red shields would go well with the Matt Black headphone?

I've looked at over a dozen of pages on this topic but only found gold or matt black shields.

Since I'm Russian, my friend put a Russian Coat of Arms on a Crimson Red shield.

I need some opinions, can it be any better and will it look good in real life (probably?)

Will the coat of arms be ingraved in white or black? In my opinion white looks better.

One thing he couldn't do was add my name to it. It would take away the beauty of the coat of arms.

Could anybody give it a try? I'd like to have my last name, 'Bondarev' up or under the coat of arms without ruining its beauty.

Thanks in advance!

 

Edit; I think my friend did it on a LP Template, I have the M100's.

post #614 of 1079

Any color will work with black, it's personal preference really. But I would personally see if your friend can shrink it a bit. I mean you'll still probably wont get it all in the shields without compromising detail. But When looking from a distance I think would look awesome!

post #615 of 1079
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVersace View Post
 

Hey,

I recently got the V Moda M100's.

I''ve got the Matt Black edition and wanted to order a pair of custom shields.

First of all, I was wondering if Crimson Red shields would go well with the Matt Black headphone?

I've looked at over a dozen of pages on this topic but only found gold or matt black shields.

Since I'm Russian, my friend put a Russian Coat of Arms on a Crimson Red shield.

I need some opinions, can it be any better and will it look good in real life (probably?)

Will the coat of arms be ingraved in white or black? In my opinion white looks better.

One thing he couldn't do was add my name to it. It would take away the beauty of the coat of arms.

Could anybody give it a try? I'd like to have my last name, 'Bondarev' up or under the coat of arms without ruining its beauty.

Thanks in advance!

 

Edit; I think my friend did it on a LP Template, I have the M100's.

 

The template for the LP and the M-100 is the same. And V-MODA always engraves in white no matter what the shield color.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion