Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA Shield Design Discussion - Page 26

post #376 of 1017
Thread Starter 

I see an owl in the tree. 

post #377 of 1017

bibas, I'll help ya out! :~D M-100/LP or M-80 sized? What's the style you're going for so I can know what to aim for with fonts and sizing an' stuff. What name and number? Bibas 42? xD How do you want them placed? Regular or the other inverted negative thing?

 

Wow, didn't see the name under the tree either, those, those are really awesome.

 

I'd go matte black and grey pads as another reason for not gloss is fingerprints. Up to you. :~P I've got shadow with glossy shields and I'm happy with them, so I don't have a lot of experience with that, but yeahh..

 

Like the imperial designs! Looks nice with the Pearls, I generaly don't like pearls much, but those make me reconsider a bit.

 

LP's are pretty solid, and I know what you mean, I'm kind of wanting to get M-100's now, but I like my supra-aural m-80's, but meh, that's a different discution (on or over ear.)

 

My friend recently got some LP's (gunmetal), he didn't know much about them, his dad gave them to him. I got to try 'em out to compare LP's to M-80's, making me happy, it was interesting. I want to try some m-100's! Anyone compared in person all 3?

post #378 of 1017
Alright guys, i decided on getting the V moda white pearl lp's with matte black shields and black cushions. Here's the design i'm thinking of putting on them. What do you guys think? Do you think that I used my space effectively and is the pic too detailed? Please feel free to leave any criticism so I can improve on this. Thanks!

Here's the link: http://s1311.beta.photobucket.com/user/visor96/media/over-ear-shield-blank-template_photoshop1_zps5b71d40f.png.html
Edited by Visor96 - 1/31/13 at 3:32pm
post #379 of 1017
Do you guys know if I'll be able to have them engraved this daft punk picture into their shields for me?

http://www.a-gc.com/images/2012/11/black-music-white-daft-punk-punk-tron-dj-HD-Wallpapers.png
post #380 of 1017
Might as well try, though your odds are better if you crop the letters off.
post #381 of 1017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse View Post

Might as well try, though your odds are better if you crop the letters off.

But don't I need some kind of special permission to reproduce pictures :/
post #382 of 1017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept357 View Post


But don't I need some kind of special permission to reproduce pictures :/

 

Only if the picture is copyrighted

post #383 of 1017

Come on guys. I could really use some help here!

post #384 of 1017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visor96 View Post

Come on guys. I could really use some help here!

My honest opinion is that the stylized edging of the font won't translate well in the etching. Pure blocks of solid black vs white work best.
Edited by simonpking - 2/2/13 at 12:50pm
post #385 of 1017
I think it'd translate fine if the details were bigger, look at the skeleton someone posted earlier or even that tree... They're doing details and shades just fine, but I'm sure there's a limit to how small they can go.
post #386 of 1017

Daft Punk one looks nice, but I agree with what was said earlier. Like to see it if you get them.

 

Visor, I personally think it'll come out fine, the jagedy-ness of the font should still look jagged, the letters will look fine probably, any details that won't come out will probably just end up looking jagged. it you look realy close to the edges of angled strait lines on designs, they're a liiiitle jagged, so for that reason I think yours will come out well. If it needs to be OCD exact, probably not.

post #387 of 1017
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Pon-3 View Post

Daft Punk one looks nice, but I agree with what was said earlier. Like to see it if you get them.

Visor, I personally think it'll come out fine, the jagedy-ness of the font should still look jagged, the letters will look fine probably, any details that won't come out will probably just end up looking jagged. it you look realy close to the edges of angled strait lines on designs, they're a liiiitle jagged, so for that reason I think yours will come out well. If it needs to be OCD exact, probably not.

Can I just send them the cropped image like so or do I need to send it with the template cause I'm really bad at PS and all that stuff... Can they just place up the design for me?
post #388 of 1017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept357 View Post


Can I just send them the cropped image like so or do I need to send it with the template cause I'm really bad at PS and all that stuff... Can they just place up the design for me?


Yerp-a-derp.  :~)  It's what I did with the music note on my left shield, I just found the best design of it in the highest quality and sent it. I added a little note saying to make it take up as much space as posibble as not to waste space, but without altering the proportions, like warping or turning the image, as I heard sometimes the image gets shrunk or something by accident. They're getting better at them though so all in all you should probably be fine just sending in the cropped image. I mean if you're paranoid, you could just send customs@v-moda.com an email checking if it'd work.

post #389 of 1017

I think it looks good and thats a good size. Laser engraving can pick up very small details and your design doesn't have too many other than the specks coming off the tail of the "R". I think it will work

post #390 of 1017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visor96 View Post

Alright guys, i decided on getting the V moda white pearl lp's with matte black shields and black cushions. Here's the design i'm thinking of putting on them. What do you guys think? Do you think that I used my space effectively and is the pic too detailed? Please feel free to leave any criticism so I can improve on this. Thanks!

Here's the link: http://s1311.beta.photobucket.com/user/visor96/media/over-ear-shield-blank-template_photoshop1_zps5b71d40f.png.html

I think it looks good and thats a good size. Laser engraving can pick up very small details and your design doesn't have too many other than the specks coming off the tail of the "R". I think it will work

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion