Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA Shield Design Discussion - Page 13

post #181 of 1050

And here are the replacement shields I got, after not being 100% happy with the ones I got before!

 

 

1000

 

I must say they turned out quite a bit better this time around.  I wouldn't say they're 100% perfect - and for some reason I noticed that one side was off-white and the other was a more natural white?  At any rate, the lines are smooth and it's pretty crisp!  I find that near the edges of the shields it starts to get a little less defined, but it's not enough for me to demand another replacement, I felt that I was being a bit picky even the first time. :P

 

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with these now!

 

(and yes, that is a raichu)

post #182 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post

And here are the replacement shields I got, after not being 100% happy with the ones I got before!

 

 

1000

 

I must say they turned out quite a bit better this time around.  I wouldn't say they're 100% perfect - and for some reason I noticed that one side was off-white and the other was a more natural white?  At any rate, the lines are smooth and it's pretty crisp!  I find that near the edges of the shields it starts to get a little less defined, but it's not enough for me to demand another replacement, I felt that I was being a bit picky even the first time. :P

 

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with these now!

 

(and yes, that is a raichu)


Now that looks real nice. I never knew they could get a print so detailed like that.

post #183 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


Now that looks real nice. I never knew they could get a print so detailed like that.

The first time was actually all jaggy and not very nice, but then I made a vector version of the art and sent that in, and it turned out like this!

post #184 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post

The first time was actually all jaggy and not very nice, but then I made a vector version of the art and sent that in, and it turned out like this!


I'm starting to wonder if I could maybe find a better tribal cross with a little more flare for my shields now

700

post #185 of 1050

Looking back at it, I would love something simple like this on my shields - rather than my current design. Thing is, with the cost of shipping and such, I'm not sure it would be worth it...

 

 

700

Possible Design (Simple)

 

 

700

Current Design (Detailed)

 

Which do you think would be better? Simple? (Cracked Star) Or Detailed? (Vocaloid Producer + Signature) This would be on white M-100's with matte black shields.


Edited by BRSxIgnition - 10/29/12 at 8:24pm
post #186 of 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

Looking back at it, I would love something simple like this on my shields - rather than my current design. Thing is, with the cost of shipping and such, I'm not sure it would be worth it...

 

 

Which do you think would be better? Simple? (Cracked Star) Or Detailed? (Vocaloid Producer + Signature) This would be on white M-100's with matte black shields.

I kinda like a mix of simple and nonsimple depending on how it complements the shield (or at least hope it does, lol). I suppose on a smaller canvas it works well to keep it simple but hey, it's personalized to your own tastes.

 

Back in July I gambled and said, hey, I'll probably end up using the M-100's regardless because I preordered them, and the M-80's are pretty good, so I *kinda* got a few extra shields.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

700

 

700

(second shot where you can see the purple shield design a teensy bit better)

 

Edit: Good shield pics

 

L

 

700

 

Zelda

 

700

 

Hunpo (I wear hun on the right which is why it's arranged like this)

 

700

 

Purple (Phuc luc tho and my favorite things. One thing to note is any picture I take doesn't really capture the right color of purple it is. Instead it comes out strikingly similar to the shade on the v-moda website which isn't truly representative of the shade. I love the actual shade much more)

 

700

 

700

 

 

 

Gold is obvious. Zelda. Has to be gold!

 

The one I have equipped right now is L, because it's death note, come on! Although L is also for my last name (shoulda done one with R to differentiate the sides and compliment my first name too... but oh well). Gunmetal and Gold also work well together like gold and silver! So it has my two hobbies, manga and video games!

 

Black is the one that came with my M-100's. For black I went with the top one being Hun and the bottom symbol being po. The bottom with Po (the soul that stays with the body death) has the vitruvian man (kinda stick-ish figure) behind it to symbolize how kinda jumbled life is compared to the Hun side (the soul that leaves the body after death) which is simple and is wrapped around a Zen Enso. Also black and white for that sort of duality.

 

Purple! my favorite color, so let's lop all my favorite things on one side. A lotus, a daoist bagua, and clouds! The other side features a sign I have in my house that says "Phuc Luc Tho" and some other sayings that I put on there but wasn't too critical about showing up (looks calligraphy enough anyway, and it came out pretty good!). Key thing is that it's Vietnamese, means happiness, prosperity, and longevity (basically just good luck in general), and both sides represent me the most out of all the shields in one impact. (also gold/yellow and purple are great together if I really wanted to pair them)

 

So yes, combo of simple or not depending on what I want and how it complements the overall scheme of things. Obviously I don't think anyone'd go nearly as crazy as me, but that's my two cents.

 

Edit: The pics didn't come out great. I'll get better ones soon enough. Also, I could just be that I'm wearing down the screws, but every time I take out the screws and put them back in, it becomes easier. Weird, and changing them up is still just a weekly thing, but hey, whatever works.

 

Edit2: Right, so post is updated with pics.


Edited by robble - 10/29/12 at 10:25pm
post #187 of 1050

Anyone here know the Chinese symbols required to represent peace and war?

post #188 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Anyone here know the Chinese symbols required to represent peace and war?

 

1000

War: Zhan

Peace: He (think "her" without the "r")


Edited by Emospence - 10/30/12 at 2:41am
post #189 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

 

1000

War: Zhan

Peace: He (think "her" without the "r")


Thanks, those are nice looking symbols.someone with decent photoshop skills could probably make some nice shields with those

post #190 of 1050

Hey anyone know if i can have two different images on each side that means sending them two images for a pair of shields... 

post #191 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryberry View Post

Hey anyone know if i can have two different images on each side that means sending them two images for a pair of shields... 

Indeed. Just send the second artwork to customs@vmoda.com with your order number and they'll take care of it.

post #192 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by robble View Post

Indeed. Just send the second artwork to customs@vmoda.com with your order number and they'll take care of it.

thanks man !!!

post #193 of 1050

Decided I was going to buy myself some a pair of Limited Edition Matte Black LP2s when I get my card. Started getting into the idea of having some custom artwork on the matte black shields and found and image on google. I had to play with it to make the lines solid and complete after I made it black and white. Here is the image I reworked for my shields, tell me what you think.

 

x26v0n.jpg

 

I have been emailing David from the v-moda customer support and he has told me that the machines will be able to handle the shadows and the small details like the spiders and barbed wire, so Im hoping for the best when I order.


Edited by Aaron94 - 10/30/12 at 12:34pm
post #194 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron94 View Post

Decided I was going to buy myself some a pair of Limited Edition Matte Black LP2s when I get my card. Started getting into the idea of having some custom artwork on the matte black shields and found and image on google. I had to play with it to make the lines solid and complete after I made it black and white. Here is the image I reworked for my shields, tell me what you think.

 

x26v0n.jpg

 

I have been emailing David from the v-moda customer support and he has told me that the machines will be able to handle the shadows and the small details like the spiders and barbed wire, so Im hoping for the best when I order.

I'm just worried that might not be a high enough resolution - you should make sure that when they do it, it doesn't end up all jaggy and low-res.

post #195 of 1050

David told me it should be fine when they down size the image, since it is actually much larger than they need it to be to fit on the shields. He also told me they would contact me if they had issues, as well as I have the option to request new shields should these turn out bad.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion