Well, I pretty new to this kind of thing, that is choosing great headphones, I don't think I've ever really experienced true great quality sound, and I don't know any good places where I can go test out the different kinds of headphones. The only ones I ever see on display for demo are Bose. So I came here looking for help.
- I want great sound quality, great comfort in my headphones, and head phones that have good build. I will be using my headphones at home, car, and pretty much i won't be moving around a lot while i listen, so mobility isn't exactly an issue. I will use them mostly with my computer or my mp3 player which at this point will most likely be a Cowon J3.
2. Price range: I am willing to go up to $500 bucks, but it would be great if i found less expensive headphones that still are great quality.
3. I don't know if genre matters for choosing the right kind of headphones, but just in case I'll list my music preferences. They are various sub-genre's of metal, death metal, black metal, symphonic/melodic metal, power metal, progressive metal, folk metal, and viking metal, and I listen to classical music on occasion.
4. Also, I'd like for you to explain why you recommend a specific type of headphone. So pretty much what are your reasons.
5. And finally, I would also like you to say whether or not I'll need an amp for the specific headphones that you recommend.
Thanks for all your help.