Is this a good one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047MX2F2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00? thanks in advance.
- productApogee Duet 2tagged by System, 7/5/12
- productBenchmark - DAC-1 PRE - Preamplifier / DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/5/12
- productCEntrance DACport USB Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/5/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/5/12
- productHalide Design DAC HDtagged by System, 7/5/12
- productMartin Custom Audio MS1tagged by System, 7/5/12
- productMetrum Acoustics Quadtagged by System, 7/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
- audio interface or DAC Last post on 7/11/12 at 10:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC woes Last post on 9/20/12 at 12:54am in Dedicated Source Components
- Will I see an improvement in SQ by upgrading to a USB DAC for my laptop's audio? Last post on 3/29/13 at 2:23am in Computer Audio
- DAC to pair with TubeMagic A1 & DT880s Last post on 1/8/13 at 12:04pm in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Looking to buy a DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not so much. especially for the price. Try listening first. At the $500 mark I would be looking at Ross Martin, Apogee Duet 2 (Mac only), Centrance Dac Port, used Benchmark Dac 1. I don't think the Async implementation is done very well on this dac and its overall sound quality was not as good as the aforementioned dacs.
Although I have not heard it, I would put the Metrum quad and Halide Dac on my list. Here is a list of dacs, albeit incomplete, to help with your research.
Edited by bixby - 7/3/12 at 8:38am
I'd check out the ODAC before you drop 500 bucks on something. It might suite you just fine. If not, it's a good piece to have around to compare your more expensive purchases against :)
That is correct. Didn't know you needed those things, sorry mate. I forget they exist because nearly all my listening is done with digital files.
I have heard good things about bifrost.. Not so great things about schiit in general though.
If I were going to try something blind, I would put my money on the Halide Dac. First I think they have a 30 or 60 day money back program. They are in the US and have been around for a while. I own their Halide Bridge and it is a very good piece of equipment. I respect the designers and have had good communication with them. They are responsive and care about the customer.
This dac uses one of the better implementations of async USB, has a great USB cable and RCA cable built in and is easily moved around if using with a laptop.
And it does not hurt when the dac got a very good review in a dac shootout over at Enjoy the Music (I think, that is the ezine).
Good Luck with whatever you decide.
that's the problem then isn't it. And even if they do most don't lend out overnight anymore like the old days of boutique audio dealers. Now all we have are big box guys who can't even spell dac.
im using a hd650 with a valhalla. my sources are a ps3 and squeezebox touch but i also want to connect my cable box to the dac as well.
- Looking to buy a DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 40 seconds ago
- › The Tip-Rolling/IEM Modification Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › (help) Portable set up for near $1000 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)