Is this a good one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047MX2F2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00? thanks in advance.
- productApogee Duet 2tagged by System, 7/5/12
- productBenchmark - DAC-1 PRE - Preamplifier / DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/5/12
- productCEntrance DACport USB Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/5/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/5/12
- productHalide Design DAC HDtagged by System, 7/5/12
- productMartin Custom Audio MS1tagged by System, 7/5/12
- productMetrum Acoustics Quadtagged by System, 7/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
- audio interface or DAC Last post on 7/11/12 at 10:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC woes Last post on 9/20/12 at 12:54am in Dedicated Source Components
- Will I see an improvement in SQ by upgrading to a USB DAC for my laptop's audio? Last post on 3/29/13 at 2:23am in Computer Audio
- DAC to pair with TubeMagic A1 & DT880s Last post on 1/8/13 at 12:04pm in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
Looking to buy a DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 137/3/12 at 8:32am
Not so much. especially for the price. Try listening first. At the $500 mark I would be looking at Ross Martin, Apogee Duet 2 (Mac only), Centrance Dac Port, used Benchmark Dac 1. I don't think the Async implementation is done very well on this dac and its overall sound quality was not as good as the aforementioned dacs.
Although I have not heard it, I would put the Metrum quad and Halide Dac on my list. Here is a list of dacs, albeit incomplete, to help with your research.
Edited by bixby - 7/3/12 at 8:38ampost #3 of 137/3/12 at 5:18pmThread Starterpost #4 of 137/3/12 at 7:09pm
I'd check out the ODAC before you drop 500 bucks on something. It might suite you just fine. If not, it's a good piece to have around to compare your more expensive purchases against :)post #5 of 137/3/12 at 7:51pmThread Starterpost #6 of 137/3/12 at 9:17pm
That is correct. Didn't know you needed those things, sorry mate. I forget they exist because nearly all my listening is done with digital files.post #7 of 137/3/12 at 9:45pmThread Starterpost #8 of 137/3/12 at 10:05pm
I have heard good things about bifrost.. Not so great things about schiit in general though.post #9 of 137/4/12 at 7:41am
If I were going to try something blind, I would put my money on the Halide Dac. First I think they have a 30 or 60 day money back program. They are in the US and have been around for a while. I own their Halide Bridge and it is a very good piece of equipment. I respect the designers and have had good communication with them. They are responsive and care about the customer.
This dac uses one of the better implementations of async USB, has a great USB cable and RCA cable built in and is easily moved around if using with a laptop.
And it does not hurt when the dac got a very good review in a dac shootout over at Enjoy the Music (I think, that is the ezine).
Good Luck with whatever you decide.post #10 of 137/4/12 at 11:37amThread Starterpost #11 of 137/4/12 at 12:48pm
that's the problem then isn't it. And even if they do most don't lend out overnight anymore like the old days of boutique audio dealers. Now all we have are big box guys who can't even spell dac.post #12 of 137/4/12 at 5:05pmpost #13 of 137/4/12 at 5:21pmThread StarterQuote:
im using a hd650 with a valhalla. my sources are a ps3 and squeezebox touch but i also want to connect my cable box to the dac as well.
- Looking to buy a DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 5 seconds ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 7 seconds ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 47 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear