Is this a good one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047MX2F2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00? thanks in advance.
- productApogee Duet 2tagged by System, 7/5/12
- productBenchmark - DAC-1 PRE - Preamplifier / DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/5/12
- productCEntrance DACport USB Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/5/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/5/12
- productHalide Design DAC HDtagged by System, 7/5/12
- productMartin Custom Audio MS1tagged by System, 7/5/12
- productMetrum Acoustics Quadtagged by System, 7/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
- audio interface or DAC Last post on 7/11/12 at 10:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC woes Last post on 9/20/12 at 12:54am in Dedicated Source Components
- Will I see an improvement in SQ by upgrading to a USB DAC for my laptop's audio? Last post on 3/29/13 at 2:23am in Computer Audio
- DAC to pair with TubeMagic A1 & DT880s Last post on 1/8/13 at 12:04pm in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
Looking to buy a DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 137/3/12 at 8:32am
Not so much. especially for the price. Try listening first. At the $500 mark I would be looking at Ross Martin, Apogee Duet 2 (Mac only), Centrance Dac Port, used Benchmark Dac 1. I don't think the Async implementation is done very well on this dac and its overall sound quality was not as good as the aforementioned dacs.
Although I have not heard it, I would put the Metrum quad and Halide Dac on my list. Here is a list of dacs, albeit incomplete, to help with your research.
Edited by bixby - 7/3/12 at 8:38ampost #3 of 137/3/12 at 5:18pmThread Starterpost #4 of 137/3/12 at 7:09pm
I'd check out the ODAC before you drop 500 bucks on something. It might suite you just fine. If not, it's a good piece to have around to compare your more expensive purchases against :)post #5 of 137/3/12 at 7:51pmThread Starterpost #6 of 137/3/12 at 9:17pm
That is correct. Didn't know you needed those things, sorry mate. I forget they exist because nearly all my listening is done with digital files.post #7 of 137/3/12 at 9:45pmThread Starterpost #8 of 137/3/12 at 10:05pm
I have heard good things about bifrost.. Not so great things about schiit in general though.post #9 of 137/4/12 at 7:41am
If I were going to try something blind, I would put my money on the Halide Dac. First I think they have a 30 or 60 day money back program. They are in the US and have been around for a while. I own their Halide Bridge and it is a very good piece of equipment. I respect the designers and have had good communication with them. They are responsive and care about the customer.
This dac uses one of the better implementations of async USB, has a great USB cable and RCA cable built in and is easily moved around if using with a laptop.
And it does not hurt when the dac got a very good review in a dac shootout over at Enjoy the Music (I think, that is the ezine).
Good Luck with whatever you decide.post #10 of 137/4/12 at 11:37amThread Starterpost #11 of 137/4/12 at 12:48pm
that's the problem then isn't it. And even if they do most don't lend out overnight anymore like the old days of boutique audio dealers. Now all we have are big box guys who can't even spell dac.post #12 of 137/4/12 at 5:05pmpost #13 of 137/4/12 at 5:21pmThread StarterQuote:
im using a hd650 with a valhalla. my sources are a ps3 and squeezebox touch but i also want to connect my cable box to the dac as well.
- Looking to buy a DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Hunting for ideal office headphones: closed & comfortable 1 minute ago
- › Westone W80 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 4 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Q & A 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR09 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk 6 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 7 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear