My own DIY one needs quite some burn in to reach its full potential, keep using it!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Review: The Toxic Cables 8-wire Hybrid IEM cable (& comparison with TWag Hybrid) Last post on 10/30/12 at 10:15am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- The Toxic Cables "Scorpion" OCC copper IEM cable (Review) Last post on 9/5/12 at 5:47pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- IE80 replacement cable Last post on 4/5/14 at 11:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Listening Impressions: Toxic Silver Poison/ TWag v2 Gold & Toxic Scorpion/ TWcu v3 Last post on 7/17/13 at 1:05am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Head-Direct RE0 recabling - anything against? Last post on 9/25/12 at 5:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 3/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
[REVIEW]: The Silver Poison: Pure, Cyro-Treated, Silver Cable For In-Ear Monitors From Toxic Cables - Page 2post #16 of 577/3/12 at 5:58am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 577/4/12 at 7:39amI realize I asked you this before. But considering you've now had a chance to fully audition the cable, do you believe that the percentage of gold content adds any differentiation to the sound then what would be expected from a pure silver cable. Chances are it isn't the reason for the additional detail considering gold has a higher resistivity value in addition to other properties but seems to be quite similar to copper in its characteristics with a slightly higher resistivity value (Ag < Cu < Au). Does the gold add any analogue-like properties that copper is known for etc?post #18 of 577/4/12 at 9:56am
The gold likely improved the bass. The difference between this cable and other silver cables is that this one has very fast, detailed, textured, though slightly aggressive bass. The bass will always be there in the music, unlike other silver cables which often have sloppy or little bass. There is good depth but I heard better. The resolution of this cable is uncomparable to any other cable I've heard.post #19 of 577/5/12 at 1:04pmpost #20 of 577/6/12 at 8:53pmpost #21 of 577/6/12 at 8:59pmQuote:
You can email me for details and pre ordering, they will be listed once i have the final production units in hand. Yes they will fit UM Recessed sockets.post #22 of 577/6/12 at 9:18pmpost #23 of 577/9/12 at 7:08am
Great review as always Kunlun, how does this cable compare with the silver Fortis in bass?
I see you mentioned Silver Poison is better in Detail and even smoothness.
I have just received my Silver Fortis, and another upgraded cable also silver, from the same maker, which I find is a little more detailed and seems to deal with the bottom end better for my Miracle.
I have found the original Silver Fortis to be a good match with my Merlin.post #24 of 577/9/12 at 7:37am
I sure would like to try the Silver Poison one day myself and hear how it compares......Yes Frank is sure making some top quality cables.....
He has quite a range it seems , kinda makes you want to get all of them really.........post #25 of 577/10/12 at 12:37pmThread Starterpost #26 of 577/13/12 at 6:34amThread Starterpost #27 of 577/13/12 at 10:26pmQuote:
Thats beautiful! Still need to wait 2 weeks for mine though I can hardly wait. =P
post #28 of 577/14/12 at 4:02pmpost #29 of 577/14/12 at 5:33pmThread StarterQuote:
Very good news. When people get their Silver Poison cables, they can post their impressions in this thread.Return Home
- [REVIEW]: The Silver Poison: Pure, Cyro-Treated, Silver Cable For In-Ear Monitors From Toxic Cables
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Audio Technica ATH-ES10 + Leather Earpads HP-ESW11 35 seconds ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › K712 vs Spirit Pro vs MDR7520 for transient response accuracy,... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear