Hello, I am new to this website. Basically, I want to upgrade from my 20 dollar Sony headphones. I mainly listen to hip-hop and some rock. I would like some IEMs with a good soundstage, and good bass but not too overpowering. I would like to spend no more than 100 dollars. Any help is appreciated.
- productEtymotic MC5tagged by System, 7/3/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/3/12
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/3/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Portable headphones or IEMs under $100? Last post on 7/6/12 at 2:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for good quality sweet sounding IEMs Last post on 6/11/12 at 12:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
-- The RBH EP3 is a brand new model succeeding the EP1 & EP2. ~ All photos were taken by me, no stock pictures from the manufacturer were used ~ *Packaging* Simple Box, but...
In 2012 Burson Audio introduced the Musician Series of headphone amplifiers that brought significant technical enhancements to their popular classic HA-160 line. Acknowledging that even the best...
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
To start this off, i did not pay for my pair of 315. If i had payed for them the disappointment would be vast. I have a pair of SE215 and while they are not my favourite iem, they have their...
I'm looking for the best IEMs under 100$
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 157/1/12 at 6:36pmpost #3 of 157/1/12 at 6:37pmpost #4 of 157/1/12 at 6:47pmThread Starterpost #5 of 157/1/12 at 6:50pm
The Etymotic MC5's bass levels are closer to what the recording intended, but if you want bass boost for the sake of EQing your music that way because of preference, GR06s are well recommended.post #6 of 157/1/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
I am currently listening to a sounds of nature cd. And you know what?
The crickets sound like crickets and the bull frogs sound like bull frogs.
As for rock, the bass suits me just fine. YMMV...
Good Luck, Jimpost #7 of 157/1/12 at 7:01pmpost #8 of 157/1/12 at 7:05pmThread Starterpost #9 of 157/1/12 at 7:07pmpost #10 of 157/25/12 at 1:59ampost #11 of 157/25/12 at 6:03ampost #12 of 157/25/12 at 6:12ampost #13 of 157/25/12 at 6:30ampost #14 of 157/25/12 at 8:31am
GR06 sounds best when paired with a good source and eq. (REALLY DEEP bass, sparkly treble, natural sounding, a bit airy)
And, if you really want to appreciate them at first listen, don't put them on unless they're burned-in for at least a month.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I'm looking for the best IEMs under 100$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iPhone 6s Sound Quality 2 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 6 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 20 seconds ago
- › what's more important, a good DAC or a Good Amp? 1 minute ago
- › looking for a speaker setup 1 minute ago
- › Need some decent cables for my Bifrost and Valhalla. (RCA and USB) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › RBH EP-3 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso DAC1 ESS9018 DAC and Headphone Preamp by iDesign
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by yfnt
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2