Hello, I am new to this website. Basically, I want to upgrade from my 20 dollar Sony headphones. I mainly listen to hip-hop and some rock. I would like some IEMs with a good soundstage, and good bass but not too overpowering. I would like to spend no more than 100 dollars. Any help is appreciated.
- productEtymotic MC5tagged by System, 7/3/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/3/12
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/3/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Portable headphones or IEMs under $100? Last post on 7/6/12 at 2:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for good quality sweet sounding IEMs Last post on 6/11/12 at 12:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
I'm looking for the best IEMs under 100$
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 157/1/12 at 6:36pmpost #3 of 157/1/12 at 6:37pmpost #4 of 157/1/12 at 6:47pmThread Starterpost #5 of 157/1/12 at 6:50pm
The Etymotic MC5's bass levels are closer to what the recording intended, but if you want bass boost for the sake of EQing your music that way because of preference, GR06s are well recommended.post #6 of 157/1/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
I am currently listening to a sounds of nature cd. And you know what?
The crickets sound like crickets and the bull frogs sound like bull frogs.
As for rock, the bass suits me just fine. YMMV...
Good Luck, Jimpost #7 of 157/1/12 at 7:01pmpost #8 of 157/1/12 at 7:05pmThread Starterpost #9 of 157/1/12 at 7:07pmpost #10 of 157/25/12 at 1:59ampost #11 of 157/25/12 at 6:03ampost #12 of 157/25/12 at 6:12ampost #13 of 157/25/12 at 6:30ampost #14 of 157/25/12 at 8:31am
GR06 sounds best when paired with a good source and eq. (REALLY DEEP bass, sparkly treble, natural sounding, a bit airy)
And, if you really want to appreciate them at first listen, don't put them on unless they're burned-in for at least a month.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I'm looking for the best IEMs under 100$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FLC 8S 21 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser hd 558 vs. Audio Technica ata msr7 1 minute ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear