Hello, I am new to this website. Basically, I want to upgrade from my 20 dollar Sony headphones. I mainly listen to hip-hop and some rock. I would like some IEMs with a good soundstage, and good bass but not too overpowering. I would like to spend no more than 100 dollars. Any help is appreciated.
- productEtymotic MC5tagged by System, 7/3/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/3/12
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/3/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Portable headphones or IEMs under $100? Last post on 7/6/12 at 2:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for good quality sweet sounding IEMs Last post on 6/11/12 at 12:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEWS ARE CREATED BY SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM AND MORE DETAILED REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE INTRODUCTION We reviewed the VE Monk Plus recently and fell in love with it. The...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
I'm looking for the best IEMs under 100$
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 157/1/12 at 6:36pmpost #3 of 157/1/12 at 6:37pmpost #4 of 157/1/12 at 6:47pmThread Starterpost #5 of 157/1/12 at 6:50pm
The Etymotic MC5's bass levels are closer to what the recording intended, but if you want bass boost for the sake of EQing your music that way because of preference, GR06s are well recommended.post #6 of 157/1/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
I am currently listening to a sounds of nature cd. And you know what?
The crickets sound like crickets and the bull frogs sound like bull frogs.
As for rock, the bass suits me just fine. YMMV...
Good Luck, Jimpost #7 of 157/1/12 at 7:01pmpost #8 of 157/1/12 at 7:05pmThread Starterpost #9 of 157/1/12 at 7:07pmpost #10 of 157/25/12 at 1:59ampost #11 of 157/25/12 at 6:03ampost #12 of 157/25/12 at 6:12ampost #13 of 157/25/12 at 6:30ampost #14 of 157/25/12 at 8:31am
GR06 sounds best when paired with a good source and eq. (REALLY DEEP bass, sparkly treble, natural sounding, a bit airy)
And, if you really want to appreciate them at first listen, don't put them on unless they're burned-in for at least a month.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I'm looking for the best IEMs under 100$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Advanced Acousticwerkes US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - W900, W500, plus... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 2 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/Blue/MISC Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear