Hello, I am new to this website. Basically, I want to upgrade from my 20 dollar Sony headphones. I mainly listen to hip-hop and some rock. I would like some IEMs with a good soundstage, and good bass but not too overpowering. I would like to spend no more than 100 dollars. Any help is appreciated.
- productEtymotic MC5tagged by System, 7/3/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/3/12
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productShure SE215 Blacktagged by System, 7/3/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/3/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Portable headphones or IEMs under $100? Last post on 7/6/12 at 2:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for good quality sweet sounding IEMs Last post on 6/11/12 at 12:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any reccomendations for me?? Last post on 9/30/12 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
I'm looking for the best IEMs under 100$
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 157/1/12 at 6:36pmpost #3 of 157/1/12 at 6:37pmpost #4 of 157/1/12 at 6:47pmThread Starterpost #5 of 157/1/12 at 6:50pm
The Etymotic MC5's bass levels are closer to what the recording intended, but if you want bass boost for the sake of EQing your music that way because of preference, GR06s are well recommended.post #6 of 157/1/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
I am currently listening to a sounds of nature cd. And you know what?
The crickets sound like crickets and the bull frogs sound like bull frogs.
As for rock, the bass suits me just fine. YMMV...
Good Luck, Jimpost #7 of 157/1/12 at 7:01pmpost #8 of 157/1/12 at 7:05pmThread Starterpost #9 of 157/1/12 at 7:07pmpost #10 of 157/25/12 at 1:59ampost #11 of 157/25/12 at 6:03ampost #12 of 157/25/12 at 6:12ampost #13 of 157/25/12 at 6:30ampost #14 of 157/25/12 at 8:31am
GR06 sounds best when paired with a good source and eq. (REALLY DEEP bass, sparkly treble, natural sounding, a bit airy)
And, if you really want to appreciate them at first listen, don't put them on unless they're burned-in for at least a month.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I'm looking for the best IEMs under 100$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 22 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 39 seconds ago
- › Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90 45 seconds ago
- › iFi iPurifier and/or Ultra Fi Aubisque USB Filter 1 minute ago
- › Using a subwoofer with headphones, is it a bad idea? 1 minute ago
- › Budget can for movies 1 minute ago
- › Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 3 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude