Hello, I am new to this website. Basically, I want to upgrade from my 20 dollar Sony headphones. I mainly listen to hip-hop and some rock. I would like some IEMs with a good soundstage, and good bass but not too overpowering. I would like to spend no more than 100 dollars. Any help is appreciated.
- productEtymotic MC5tagged by System, 7/3/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/3/12
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 7/3/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Portable headphones or IEMs under $100? Last post on 7/6/12 at 2:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for good quality sweet sounding IEMs Last post on 6/11/12 at 12:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
I'm looking for the best IEMs under 100$
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 157/1/12 at 6:36pmpost #3 of 157/1/12 at 6:37pmpost #4 of 157/1/12 at 6:47pmThread Starterpost #5 of 157/1/12 at 6:50pm
The Etymotic MC5's bass levels are closer to what the recording intended, but if you want bass boost for the sake of EQing your music that way because of preference, GR06s are well recommended.post #6 of 157/1/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
I am currently listening to a sounds of nature cd. And you know what?
The crickets sound like crickets and the bull frogs sound like bull frogs.
As for rock, the bass suits me just fine. YMMV...
Good Luck, Jimpost #7 of 157/1/12 at 7:01pmpost #8 of 157/1/12 at 7:05pmThread Starterpost #9 of 157/1/12 at 7:07pmpost #10 of 157/25/12 at 1:59ampost #11 of 157/25/12 at 6:03ampost #12 of 157/25/12 at 6:12ampost #13 of 157/25/12 at 6:30ampost #14 of 157/25/12 at 8:31am
GR06 sounds best when paired with a good source and eq. (REALLY DEEP bass, sparkly treble, natural sounding, a bit airy)
And, if you really want to appreciate them at first listen, don't put them on unless they're burned-in for at least a month.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I'm looking for the best IEMs under 100$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chord Hugo 30 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 56 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX 2 minutes ago
- › [Price drop] Beyerdynamic T70P 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 8 minutes ago
- › Ortofon e-Q8 Impressions Thread (new 2014 successor of the e-Q7 /... 8 minutes ago
- › are IEM tip sizes universal? 10 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 10 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3