I am in serious need of an IEM! I would like to have the overall best one for around $200 or less (USD). I mainly listen to HipHop/Rap & DnB/Dubstep/Techno. It would be GREAT if the IEM had a removable cable!! Feel free to suggest anything! Thanks and I greatly appreciate it!!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/3/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newbie IEM suggestion? Last post on 8/1/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I'm looking for an earphone in $200 range Last post on 7/17/12 at 10:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MDR EX-600 vs VSonic GR07 vs UE Triple Fi 10 Last post on 7/3/12 at 9:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM with no, "For the money" status? Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Best IEM for $200 or less!!post #1 of 206/30/12 at 9:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 206/30/12 at 9:19pmpost #3 of 206/30/12 at 9:40pm
To be honest. I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but the Se215 have removable cables and a little thump in the rump. It's not as clear and punchy as I'd like it, but it's there for your hip-hop and wubstep. It's also got removable cables and is $100. Just my opinion.post #4 of 206/30/12 at 10:35pmFrom my experience with IEMs, the list is included in my profile, I would definitely recommend the UE Triple Fi 10s. They can be had for under 200 on Amazon and sound amazing with the genres you listed above.post #5 of 207/1/12 at 12:10pmThread Starterpost #6 of 207/1/12 at 12:37pm
I have to back up the Shure 215. It sounds great, and has a removable cable. It'll work nicely for your genres because it has good bass, yet retains excellent vocals.post #7 of 207/2/12 at 9:14amThread Starterpost #8 of 207/2/12 at 9:19am
Oh yeah, that's a fantastic IEM as well. I found it very comfortable but the fit is quite strange. I'd recommend it on the conditions that you were only going to stay indoors with it, live in a place with little wind, or if you a a confident, non self-conscious person.post #9 of 207/2/12 at 12:39pmThread Starterpost #10 of 207/2/12 at 2:12pmQuote:
While your'e waiting for the comparison to that question, try reading a lot on the sound signature of the Triple.Fi 10s and try and cross reference that with other phones you know about or have heard.
Of course, this only helps you but so much, but, if you haven't yet, obtaining as much knowledge as you can about how different phones best each other helps tremendously, right behind actual sessions with the equipment.post #11 of 207/2/12 at 2:16pmQuote:
I'm probably the wrong person to ask since I'm not exactly the TF10's biggest fan.
I'd put it like this: EX600 >> TF10 > SE215post #12 of 207/2/12 at 3:09pmThread Starterpost #13 of 207/2/12 at 3:14pmQuote:
If I remember correctly the EX600 has more bass than the TF10, with better texture and rumble. Best of all, the mids are still present and they're great.post #14 of 207/2/12 at 3:44pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $200 or less!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard H10 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › KRK KNS8400 Studio Headphones (Slightly modded) 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Instrument separation 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 165, RS 175, RS 185, RS 195 - Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...