I am in serious need of an IEM! I would like to have the overall best one for around $200 or less (USD). I mainly listen to HipHop/Rap & DnB/Dubstep/Techno. It would be GREAT if the IEM had a removable cable!! Feel free to suggest anything! Thanks and I greatly appreciate it!!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/3/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newbie IEM suggestion? Last post on 8/1/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I'm looking for an earphone in $200 range Last post on 7/17/12 at 10:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MDR EX-600 vs VSonic GR07 vs UE Triple Fi 10 Last post on 7/3/12 at 9:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM with no, "For the money" status? Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
Best IEM for $200 or less!!post #1 of 206/30/12 at 9:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 206/30/12 at 9:19pmpost #3 of 206/30/12 at 9:40pm
To be honest. I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but the Se215 have removable cables and a little thump in the rump. It's not as clear and punchy as I'd like it, but it's there for your hip-hop and wubstep. It's also got removable cables and is $100. Just my opinion.post #4 of 206/30/12 at 10:35pmFrom my experience with IEMs, the list is included in my profile, I would definitely recommend the UE Triple Fi 10s. They can be had for under 200 on Amazon and sound amazing with the genres you listed above.post #5 of 207/1/12 at 12:10pmThread Starterpost #6 of 207/1/12 at 12:37pm
I have to back up the Shure 215. It sounds great, and has a removable cable. It'll work nicely for your genres because it has good bass, yet retains excellent vocals.post #7 of 207/2/12 at 9:14amThread Starterpost #8 of 207/2/12 at 9:19am
Oh yeah, that's a fantastic IEM as well. I found it very comfortable but the fit is quite strange. I'd recommend it on the conditions that you were only going to stay indoors with it, live in a place with little wind, or if you a a confident, non self-conscious person.post #9 of 207/2/12 at 12:39pmThread Starterpost #10 of 207/2/12 at 2:12pmQuote:
While your'e waiting for the comparison to that question, try reading a lot on the sound signature of the Triple.Fi 10s and try and cross reference that with other phones you know about or have heard.
Of course, this only helps you but so much, but, if you haven't yet, obtaining as much knowledge as you can about how different phones best each other helps tremendously, right behind actual sessions with the equipment.post #11 of 207/2/12 at 2:16pmQuote:
I'm probably the wrong person to ask since I'm not exactly the TF10's biggest fan.
I'd put it like this: EX600 >> TF10 > SE215post #12 of 207/2/12 at 3:09pmThread Starterpost #13 of 207/2/12 at 3:14pmQuote:
If I remember correctly the EX600 has more bass than the TF10, with better texture and rumble. Best of all, the mids are still present and they're great.post #14 of 207/2/12 at 3:44pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $200 or less!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 1 second ago
- › Music Game IX 14 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 34 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 3 minutes ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 4 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)