I am in serious need of an IEM! I would like to have the overall best one for around $200 or less (USD). I mainly listen to HipHop/Rap & DnB/Dubstep/Techno. It would be GREAT if the IEM had a removable cable!! Feel free to suggest anything! Thanks and I greatly appreciate it!!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/3/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 7/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newbie IEM suggestion? Last post on 8/1/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I'm looking for an earphone in $200 range Last post on 7/17/12 at 10:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MDR EX-600 vs VSonic GR07 vs UE Triple Fi 10 Last post on 7/3/12 at 9:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM with no, "For the money" status? Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Best IEM for $200 or less!!post #1 of 206/30/12 at 9:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 206/30/12 at 9:19pmpost #3 of 206/30/12 at 9:40pm
To be honest. I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but the Se215 have removable cables and a little thump in the rump. It's not as clear and punchy as I'd like it, but it's there for your hip-hop and wubstep. It's also got removable cables and is $100. Just my opinion.post #4 of 206/30/12 at 10:35pmFrom my experience with IEMs, the list is included in my profile, I would definitely recommend the UE Triple Fi 10s. They can be had for under 200 on Amazon and sound amazing with the genres you listed above.post #5 of 207/1/12 at 12:10pmThread Starterpost #6 of 207/1/12 at 12:37pm
I have to back up the Shure 215. It sounds great, and has a removable cable. It'll work nicely for your genres because it has good bass, yet retains excellent vocals.post #7 of 207/2/12 at 9:14amThread Starterpost #8 of 207/2/12 at 9:19am
Oh yeah, that's a fantastic IEM as well. I found it very comfortable but the fit is quite strange. I'd recommend it on the conditions that you were only going to stay indoors with it, live in a place with little wind, or if you a a confident, non self-conscious person.post #9 of 207/2/12 at 12:39pmThread Starterpost #10 of 207/2/12 at 2:12pmQuote:
While your'e waiting for the comparison to that question, try reading a lot on the sound signature of the Triple.Fi 10s and try and cross reference that with other phones you know about or have heard.
Of course, this only helps you but so much, but, if you haven't yet, obtaining as much knowledge as you can about how different phones best each other helps tremendously, right behind actual sessions with the equipment.post #11 of 207/2/12 at 2:16pmQuote:
I'm probably the wrong person to ask since I'm not exactly the TF10's biggest fan.
I'd put it like this: EX600 >> TF10 > SE215post #12 of 207/2/12 at 3:09pmThread Starterpost #13 of 207/2/12 at 3:14pmQuote:
If I remember correctly the EX600 has more bass than the TF10, with better texture and rumble. Best of all, the mids are still present and they're great.post #14 of 207/2/12 at 3:44pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $200 or less!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 1 minute ago
- › Westone UM1 vs. Shure se215?? 1 minute ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Something similar to HD800 but with a soul? 3 minutes ago
- › What's wrong with Musical Fidelity? 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)