I am in serious need of an IEM! I would like to have the overall best one for around $200 or less (USD). I mainly listen to HipHop/Rap & DnB/Dubstep/Techno. It would be GREAT if the IEM had a removable cable!! Feel free to suggest anything! Thanks and I greatly appreciate it!!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/3/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 7/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newbie IEM suggestion? Last post on 8/1/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I'm looking for an earphone in $200 range Last post on 7/17/12 at 10:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MDR EX-600 vs VSonic GR07 vs UE Triple Fi 10 Last post on 7/3/12 at 9:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM with no, "For the money" status? Last post on 11/9/12 at 2:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
Best IEM for $200 or less!!post #1 of 206/30/12 at 9:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 206/30/12 at 9:19pmpost #3 of 206/30/12 at 9:40pm
To be honest. I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but the Se215 have removable cables and a little thump in the rump. It's not as clear and punchy as I'd like it, but it's there for your hip-hop and wubstep. It's also got removable cables and is $100. Just my opinion.post #4 of 206/30/12 at 10:35pmFrom my experience with IEMs, the list is included in my profile, I would definitely recommend the UE Triple Fi 10s. They can be had for under 200 on Amazon and sound amazing with the genres you listed above.post #5 of 207/1/12 at 12:10pmThread Starterpost #6 of 207/1/12 at 12:37pm
I have to back up the Shure 215. It sounds great, and has a removable cable. It'll work nicely for your genres because it has good bass, yet retains excellent vocals.post #7 of 207/2/12 at 9:14amThread Starterpost #8 of 207/2/12 at 9:19am
Oh yeah, that's a fantastic IEM as well. I found it very comfortable but the fit is quite strange. I'd recommend it on the conditions that you were only going to stay indoors with it, live in a place with little wind, or if you a a confident, non self-conscious person.post #9 of 207/2/12 at 12:39pmThread Starterpost #10 of 207/2/12 at 2:12pmQuote:
While your'e waiting for the comparison to that question, try reading a lot on the sound signature of the Triple.Fi 10s and try and cross reference that with other phones you know about or have heard.
Of course, this only helps you but so much, but, if you haven't yet, obtaining as much knowledge as you can about how different phones best each other helps tremendously, right behind actual sessions with the equipment.post #11 of 207/2/12 at 2:16pmQuote:
I'm probably the wrong person to ask since I'm not exactly the TF10's biggest fan.
I'd put it like this: EX600 >> TF10 > SE215post #12 of 207/2/12 at 3:09pmThread Starterpost #13 of 207/2/12 at 3:14pmQuote:
If I remember correctly the EX600 has more bass than the TF10, with better texture and rumble. Best of all, the mids are still present and they're great.post #14 of 207/2/12 at 3:44pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $200 or less!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › IEM Suggestions for Sony F887 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 4 minutes ago
- › Classifying versions of the RS1: Your Guide (Work in Progress) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.5 - Western Sydney Fi-Fest! 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)