I am in serious need of an IEM! I would like to have the overall best one for around $200 or less (USD). I mainly listen to HipHop/Rap & DnB/Dubstep/Techno. It would be GREAT if the IEM had a removable cable!! Feel free to suggest anything! Thanks and I greatly appreciate it!!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/3/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newbie IEM suggestion? Last post on 8/1/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I'm looking for an earphone in $200 range Last post on 7/17/12 at 10:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MDR EX-600 vs VSonic GR07 vs UE Triple Fi 10 Last post on 7/3/12 at 9:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM with no, "For the money" status? Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
Best IEM for $200 or less!!post #1 of 206/30/12 at 9:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 206/30/12 at 9:19pmpost #3 of 206/30/12 at 9:40pm
To be honest. I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but the Se215 have removable cables and a little thump in the rump. It's not as clear and punchy as I'd like it, but it's there for your hip-hop and wubstep. It's also got removable cables and is $100. Just my opinion.post #4 of 206/30/12 at 10:35pmFrom my experience with IEMs, the list is included in my profile, I would definitely recommend the UE Triple Fi 10s. They can be had for under 200 on Amazon and sound amazing with the genres you listed above.post #5 of 207/1/12 at 12:10pmThread Starterpost #6 of 207/1/12 at 12:37pm
I have to back up the Shure 215. It sounds great, and has a removable cable. It'll work nicely for your genres because it has good bass, yet retains excellent vocals.post #7 of 207/2/12 at 9:14amThread Starterpost #8 of 207/2/12 at 9:19am
Oh yeah, that's a fantastic IEM as well. I found it very comfortable but the fit is quite strange. I'd recommend it on the conditions that you were only going to stay indoors with it, live in a place with little wind, or if you a a confident, non self-conscious person.post #9 of 207/2/12 at 12:39pmThread Starterpost #10 of 207/2/12 at 2:12pmQuote:
While your'e waiting for the comparison to that question, try reading a lot on the sound signature of the Triple.Fi 10s and try and cross reference that with other phones you know about or have heard.
Of course, this only helps you but so much, but, if you haven't yet, obtaining as much knowledge as you can about how different phones best each other helps tremendously, right behind actual sessions with the equipment.post #11 of 207/2/12 at 2:16pmQuote:
I'm probably the wrong person to ask since I'm not exactly the TF10's biggest fan.
I'd put it like this: EX600 >> TF10 > SE215post #12 of 207/2/12 at 3:09pmThread Starterpost #13 of 207/2/12 at 3:14pmQuote:
If I remember correctly the EX600 has more bass than the TF10, with better texture and rumble. Best of all, the mids are still present and they're great.post #14 of 207/2/12 at 3:44pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $200 or less!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet 5.2.15 Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Amps and sensitive headphones issue. 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 6 minutes ago
- › FIIO OTG Support Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2