I gave up reading at page 3 so I'm sorry if the thread's already reached a resoluteion, but I think the K550 is perfect. It looks great, isolates wlel, but is still a true audiophile can. I think the PSB would be a bit too modern for who you're working with (trust me, I haven't worn a normal-fitting pair of jeans in years and all my shirts are for obscure Icelandic post-rock bands), but the K550 strikes the whole style perfectly while still being a great headphone.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 7/3/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12More
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/3/12
- productSony MDR-7520 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productULTRASONE HFI 2200 ULEtagged by System, 7/3/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- New member looking for advice Last post on 9/5/12 at 11:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amazing Headphones <$500 Last post on 7/8/12 at 10:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Accurate/Neutral Sounding Headphones for Recording, Mixing, Tracking and General Listening for... Last post on 7/3/12 at 2:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats are garbage Last post on 9/29/12 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for rap/hip hop using iPhone!? Last post on 9/22/12 at 1:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
They look cheap. The "silver" plastic is very bad taste. They are also too big to go around, unless you are one of those guys who like to show themselves with headphones bigger than their...
Street cred with hipsters and overears, $500? - Page 6post #76 of 817/19/12 at 8:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 817/19/12 at 8:31pmpost #78 of 817/19/12 at 9:21pm
I'm surprised this thread has gotten these many replies. My gut is telling me the OP is a troll. Every time I read the title, well, it sounds pretty bogus. Not to mention the last time the OP was on HF was two weeks ago - when he started this thread.post #79 of 817/19/12 at 9:40pm
what would he be trolling for, there's some pretty fun comments and it's rather interesting to see how people reply to the question. He probably got enough ideas and doesn't see the need to check in every day for no reason. I wish I could be more like that :)
Just my 2 cents.post #80 of 817/20/12 at 1:50am
I doubt he was trolling, but it wasn't a typical question, that's for sure. If he was trolling, maybe he was looking to see how many serious responses he could get for his own personal amusement.post #81 of 811/4/13 at 8:42am
The K550 is a really classy looking and beautifully made and really comfortable headphone. A headphone that is designed for the 40+ crowd.
Sound wise I feel they are lacking. A bit thin sounding and some weird spikes in the upper mids or treble making them a bit fatiguing for long time listening. M50 is a better sounding headphone even though that headphone have it shares of flaws too.
A really cool looking (a bit hipstery) headphone is the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro. Nice big Beyer soundstage but with a warmer and smoother sound than the typical Beyer.
- Street cred with hipsters and overears, $500?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 37 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3