I gave up reading at page 3 so I'm sorry if the thread's already reached a resoluteion, but I think the K550 is perfect. It looks great, isolates wlel, but is still a true audiophile can. I think the PSB would be a bit too modern for who you're working with (trust me, I haven't worn a normal-fitting pair of jeans in years and all my shirts are for obscure Icelandic post-rock bands), but the K550 strikes the whole style perfectly while still being a great headphone.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 7/3/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12More
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/3/12
- productSony MDR-7520 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 7/3/12
- productULTRASONE HFI 2200 ULEtagged by System, 7/3/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- New member looking for advice Last post on 9/5/12 at 11:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amazing Headphones <$500 Last post on 7/8/12 at 10:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Accurate/Neutral Sounding Headphones for Recording, Mixing, Tracking and General Listening for... Last post on 7/3/12 at 2:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Beats are garbage Last post on 9/29/12 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Street cred with hipsters and overears, $500? - Page 6post #76 of 817/19/12 at 8:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 817/19/12 at 8:31pmpost #78 of 817/19/12 at 9:21pm
I'm surprised this thread has gotten these many replies. My gut is telling me the OP is a troll. Every time I read the title, well, it sounds pretty bogus. Not to mention the last time the OP was on HF was two weeks ago - when he started this thread.post #79 of 817/19/12 at 9:40pm
what would he be trolling for, there's some pretty fun comments and it's rather interesting to see how people reply to the question. He probably got enough ideas and doesn't see the need to check in every day for no reason. I wish I could be more like that :)
Just my 2 cents.post #80 of 817/20/12 at 1:50am
I doubt he was trolling, but it wasn't a typical question, that's for sure. If he was trolling, maybe he was looking to see how many serious responses he could get for his own personal amusement.post #81 of 811/4/13 at 8:42am
The K550 is a really classy looking and beautifully made and really comfortable headphone. A headphone that is designed for the 40+ crowd.
Sound wise I feel they are lacking. A bit thin sounding and some weird spikes in the upper mids or treble making them a bit fatiguing for long time listening. M50 is a better sounding headphone even though that headphone have it shares of flaws too.
A really cool looking (a bit hipstery) headphone is the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro. Nice big Beyer soundstage but with a warmer and smoother sound than the typical Beyer.
- Street cred with hipsters and overears, $500?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 34 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 37 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 2 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 2 minutes ago
- › Introduction and help looking for low budget IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse