Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Street cred with hipsters and overears, $500?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Street cred with hipsters and overears, $500? - Page 5

post #61 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingupenguins View Post


 

 

I test leakage buy sealing the headphones on my leg. Call me old fashioned but I'm 18 so that won't work.

 

Try it on your headphones, it works and you get a great idea of leakage.

Try leaking on a hipster ksc75smile.gif

post #62 of 81

OP, what did you eventually get??? Damn hipsters...

post #63 of 81

1e470_140029840.jpg

 

/thread

post #64 of 81

I hope he wised up and realized that hipsters have no street cred - they are as sheep-like a subculture as any you'll find.
 

post #65 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

I hope he wised up and realized that hipsters have no street cred - they are as sheep-like a subculture as any you'll find.
 

Am I the only one catching the irony here?

post #66 of 81
I like to smoke hipsters out of their holes with heavy jazz fusion music from the 1970's. It drives them absolutelty bat**** crazy. I realize that is not helpful but i felt like sharing.
post #67 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrow View Post

How about the B&W p5, beats for hipsters?

 

I would forget these if OP wants a headphone with any semblance of high fidelity audio reporduction.  To me they sound seriously muddy and overpriced.

 

I tried an Audio Technica A900 - Sounded surprisingly good, very clear and articulate midrange save for a sizable peak in the upper mids/lower treble.  Don't look very Indy/hipster to me though.

 

Modified T50's ( eg from MrSpeakers or LFFx) or Thunderpants might do OK.  They look dorky enough.  If I understand hipsters they cant stand anything that looks too mainstream..

post #68 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Ham Sandwich View Post

Am I the only one catching the irony here?


The irony being the suggestion that he should just follow somebody else's advice on head-fi of all places, another wellspring of lemming-like behavior? It's not lost on me...

post #69 of 81

Hipsters will worship anything they think no one else knows about. I wouldn't worry about it, just get something you like, and if they ask, tell them "you've probably never heard of them..."

post #70 of 81

AKG-K550.

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/wonderfully-competent-akg-k550-sealed-headphone

post #71 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by obzilla View Post

Hipsters will worship anything they think no one else knows about. I wouldn't worry about it, just get something you like, and if they ask, tell them "you've probably never heard of them..."


http://lookatthis****inghipster.tumblr.com/

post #72 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post


The irony being the suggestion that he should just follow somebody else's advice on head-fi of all places, another wellspring of lemming-like behavior? It's not lost on me...

 

Nope!  It's even more ironic than that.

post #73 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Ham Sandwich View Post

 

Nope!  It's even more ironic than that.


Well that'd make my head explode.

post #74 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post


Well that'd make my head explode.

I think it's the fact that he sounded like a hipster.

post #75 of 81

Oh please lump me in with the skinny-jeans sect...I'd feel honored

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Street cred with hipsters and overears, $500?