Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › O2 AMP + ODAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

O2 AMP + ODAC - Page 215

post #3211 of 3771

Hmmm anyone here using mediamonkey and the o2/odac?  Using wassapi I am unable to play in 16bit 44.1 through mediamonkey.  I need to change it above in order for it to play.  Since I set the ODAC to 24bit 96k per JDS Labs instructions I also set MM to that and it plays, it also seems to play fine at other samples just not 16 44.1.  I tried changing the odac to that and then MM still no go.  Any thoughts?

post #3212 of 3771

I'm a recent O2 convert from Asgard 2. I got a great deal on the classifieds here and am stunned with this little guy. I can't really tell any difference between it and Asgard with the HD650, even after several days of back and forth. I love the battery-powered aspect of the whole thing too, I can take it into the living room and listen to records or just lie on my bed or etc.

 

A few questions: Does having it plugged in recharge the batteries? Does high gain or high volume drain the batteries faster? and I was wondering if anyone wanted to trade faceplates? I have a silver JDS O2 faceplate and would really like a black one instead to complement the Gamma2 DAC. 

post #3213 of 3771
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcrapgorillas View Post

I'm a recent O2 convert from Asgard 2. I got a great deal on the classifieds here and am stunned with this little guy. I can't really tell any difference between it and Asgard with the HD650, even after several days of back and forth. I love the battery-powered aspect of the whole thing too, I can take it into the living room and listen to records or just lie on my bed or etc.

Right there with ya man, Asgard and Bifrost are out, O2/ODAC are in.
post #3214 of 3771
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcrapgorillas View Post
 

I'm a recent O2 convert from Asgard 2. I got a great deal on the classifieds here and am stunned with this little guy. I can't really tell any difference between it and Asgard with the HD650, even after several days of back and forth. I love the battery-powered aspect of the whole thing too, I can take it into the living room and listen to records or just lie on my bed or etc.

 

A few questions: Does having it plugged in recharge the batteries? Does high gain or high volume drain the batteries faster? and I was wondering if anyone wanted to trade faceplates? I have a silver JDS O2 faceplate and would really like a black one instead to complement the Gamma2 DAC. 

 

Batteries trickle charge while the AC adapter is connected (no risk of overcharging).

 

Run time is dictated by output power, not gain. In other words, louder listening volumes will drain the batteries faster.

Reply
post #3215 of 3771

So, had a learning experience regarding the O2 + ODAC last night.

 

For the longest time, I've been thinking of buying another ODAC to drive other headphone amplifiers because I bought the combo with the ODAC built in, thinking there was no way to output to another amplifier.

 

Come to find out last night after reading up on the combo at the JDS Labs website that the front line in jack performs double duty and works as a line in from an external source or a line out for the ODAC. For a second, I thought that feature was limited to new runs of the O2 + ODAC combo but, just for curiosity's sake, I went ahead and tried it and (of course) it worked.

 

So, while I might want to get another combo just for the heck of it down the road (sure would be nice to have at my desk at work), I'm glad I don't have to rush out and get one now. :biggrin:

post #3216 of 3771
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame21x View Post
 

So, had a learning experience regarding the O2 + ODAC last night.

 

For the longest time, I've been thinking of buying another ODAC to drive other headphone amplifiers because I bought the combo with the ODAC built in, thinking there was no way to output to another amplifier.

 

Come to find out last night after reading up on the combo at the JDS Labs website that the front line in jack performs double duty and works as a line in from an external source or a line out for the ODAC. For a second, I thought that feature was limited to new runs of the O2 + ODAC combo but, just for curiosity's sake, I went ahead and tried it and (of course) it worked.

 

So, while I might want to get another combo just for the heck of it down the road (sure would be nice to have at my desk at work), I'm glad I don't have to rush out and get one now. :biggrin:


So are you saying there is no purpose to buying the ODAC buy itself then? Unless for some reason you wanted another box.

post #3217 of 3771
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober-george View Post
 


So are you saying there is no purpose to buying the ODAC buy itself then? Unless for some reason you wanted another box.

If you already have the combo and don't need RCA output or want it in a more convenient spot or something along those lines, I would imagine not.

 

I'm glad I found that out though. Just saved myself some money.

post #3218 of 3771
Can anyone confirm that the GeekOut sounds similar to 02+ODAC?
post #3219 of 3771

I've ordered and got o2 from epiphany acoustics . I was wondering since i have only ordered the o2 and not the odac , is there much of difference when using a cheap dac with my o2 , like the ele el-d01 ? Does the o2 work well without the odac ?

post #3220 of 3771
Quote:
Originally Posted by shak85 View Post
 

I've ordered and got o2 from epiphany acoustics . I was wondering since i have only ordered the o2 and not the odac , is there much of difference when using a cheap dac with my o2 , like the ele el-d01 ? Does the o2 work well without the odac ?

 

You should be fine. The 02 is happy with most input sources. 

post #3221 of 3771

I just received the O2 AMP + ODAC combo made by Mayflower Electronics and it just took my Mad Dogs to a whole new level. I really don't even know if I need to spend anymore on new headphones, dacs or amps. It's that good.

post #3222 of 3771

There ya go..... enjoy George!

 

Alex

post #3223 of 3771
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober-george View Post
 

I just received the O2 AMP + ODAC combo made by Mayflower Electronics and it just took my Mad Dogs to a whole new level. I really don't even know if I need to spend anymore on new headphones, dacs or amps. It's that good.

 

Glad to hear you're enjoying this combo - +1 for the o2/odac with fostex t50rp variants!  Sounds awesome with alpha dogs too!  I think the sound gets a little better still with the agdr booster board and lme49990's in the gain stage, but confirmation bias and my pride in completing a smd project may be playing some role in that opinion ;)

post #3224 of 3771
glad to hear you are enjoying it. I decided to go with jds labs variant even though mayflower is literally 1/2 hour from me.
post #3225 of 3771
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptic View Post
 

 

Glad to hear you're enjoying this combo - +1 for the o2/odac with fostex t50rp variants!  Sounds awesome with alpha dogs too!  I think the sound gets a little better still with the agdr booster board and lme49990's in the gain stage, but confirmation bias and my pride in completing a smd project may be playing some role in that opinion ;)

 

I will say one thing though, at times the O2 is bit bright in the treble area(actually it's probably my Mad Dogs), but with some songs it's just so crisp and lush at the same time it's amazing. I also will have to take back my statement about spending more, because now I just want to upgrade to Alpha Dogs and I just ordered Sennheiser HD-600s.

Oops.


Edited by goober-george - 7/30/14 at 1:44pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › O2 AMP + ODAC